Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Joe Quesada - Breakthrough Artist of the 1990's

Quesada put together a string of covers and books which raised the stadnards for Comicbook development in the coming years.

BANNED

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

One of my favorite stories and I loved the art.

Quesada's art was nice and he most defiantly had a most productive tenure while running Marvel Comics.........
    But he hardly did much to raise the developmental standards of comics in my opinion.
    Will Eisner did more for the development of comics over 75 years ago and while many artists have
    come along to put there stamp on the continuing development of comic book story telling through art
    the foundation Will set has not been replaced with something better, from what I can see.

BANNED

To the OP -- are you highlighting the contributions to comics of people who were from New York?

Meh to each his own, but his art is not my cup of tea at all.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

I think the only thing that blunted his impact is that he tended to jump around. But the dynamic aspect of his work is what can be viewed as the Post-Neil Adams group of artists, along with McFarlene, Jim Lee, Cassidy, that leveraged the new production technology for more detailed illustration and dynamism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Quesada's art was nice and he most defiantly had a most productive tenure while running Marvel Comics.........
    But he hardly did much to raise the developmental standards of comics in my opinion.
    Will Eisner did more for the development of comics over 75 years ago and while many artists have
    come along to put there stamp on the continuing development of comic book story telling through art
    the foundation Will set has not been replaced with something better, from what I can see.
    There is certainly a following of Wil Eisner who believe that he was definitive over a generation, but his work is not without its academic critique. Individuals like Gil Kane were very critical of Eisner's work especially when comparing it to other genera. He felt it was derivative of many works and failed to break free of restrictions of the media. In that regard, he didn't feel Eisner was alone in that regard, but he singled Eisner out, perhaps because of the number of ardent supporters of his body of work.

It is unusual to find truly innovative technique and work in the field. The very nature of the work means much of the greatest craftsmanship is workaday and a limited audience of pre-adulecent teen males

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    One of my favorite stories and I loved the art.
    As outrageously '90s as it is, I still adore Azrael's original costume design: too bad Quesada was one of the only ones who could pull it off. A lot of other artists made the gauntlets comedically large.

I bought the first 40 or so issues of his ongoing at a con based solely on his costume.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I am an honest signal PunishedFire's Avatar

I am a MASSIVE Azrael fan and a large part of that is because of the amazing Sword of Azrael. Great designs throughout and incredible art. I'll always be a fan of that era of Quesada art. Like JR Jr, I feel that he's become far worse than he used to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PunishedFire View Post
    I am a MASSIVE Azrael fan and a large part of that is because of the amazing Sword of Azrael. Great designs throughout and incredible art. I'll always be a fan of that era of Quesada art. Like JR Jr, I feel that he's become far worse than he used to be.
    who is Jr, jr?