Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    who is Jr, jr?
    Google is your friend.

Try a search using "Jr, jr - comic books"

who is Jr, jr?
    John Romita, Jr.

And I liked Quesada's detailed pseudo realistic style.

Unfortunately, that cover isn't by Quesada.
    It's by Mark Beachum, who had a style similar to mid-career (New Mutants era) Sienkiewicz at the time. His signature could even fool people into thinking it's by Sienkiewicz as it almost looks like a 'BS'. Especially with the Sienkiewicz-like ink work on the Ray's lower half. But when you look at Ray's face and arms, you can tell it's not Sienkiewicz.

Beachum also did a few covers for DC's Impact line (and not surprisingly, my favorite Jaguar covers were by him).
    His cover for Comet #7 shares a few Sienkiewicz-like similarities.

As for Quesada. I really liked the ornate poster of Gambit he did, which graced my wall for many years. There was a matching poster for Rogue but I didn't see it back then or I would've got it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Unfortunately, that cover isn't by Quesada.
    It's by Mark Beachum, who had a style similar to mid-career (New Mutants era) Sienkiewicz at the time. His signature could even fool people into thinking it's by Sienkiewicz as it almost looks like a 'BS'. Especially with the Sienkiewicz-like ink work on the Ray's lower half. But when you look at Ray's face and arms, you can tell it's not Sienkiewicz.

Beachum also did a few covers for DC's Impact line (and not surprisingly, my favorite Jaguar covers were by him).
    His cover for Comet #7 shares a few Sienkiewicz-like similarities.

As for Quesada. I really liked the ornate poster of Gambit he did, which graced my wall for many years. There was a matching poster for Rogue but I didn't see it back then or I would've got it.
    Excellent catch! The Overstreet accredits the cover to Sienkiewicz, and you obviously disagree.

Now, who did this cover? It doesn't say in the Price guild

Excellent catch! The Overstreet accredits the cover to Sienkiewicz, and you obviously disagree.

Now, who did this cover? It doesn't say in the Price guild
    That's Quesada. His signature is at the bottom, and both of the sites I use to verify credits (Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Mycomicshop) list him as the cover artist.

BTW, here's the cover to Comet #7, by Beachum. Note the signature on it, and compare to the one on Ray #1.

Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-01-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That's Quesada. His signature is at the bottom, and both of the sites I use to verify credits (Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Mycomicshop) list him as the cover artist.

BTW, here's the cover to Comet #7, by Beachum. Note the signature on it, and compare to the one on Ray #1.

Thanks for that!

I liked Quesada's pencils. He ever worked enough on a title to matter in my opinion. He did 14 issues of Daredevil Vol 2, outside of that, he would do like 4 or 5 issues of something, then he'd be done.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I liked Quesada's pencils. He ever worked enough on a title to matter in my opinion. He did 14 issues of Daredevil Vol 2, outside of that, he would do like 4 or 5 issues of something, then he'd be done.
    It is true, and interesting actually. That was a major complaint I had, even going back, that he would only do a few issues and then move on to another character or project. I don't know if this was due to ADD (someone how he managed to be the editor of marvel) or that he could never hit deadlines with his detailed work. Maybe someone else is aware of why he did this.