Default Has it ever been said why BRPD was headquartered in Fairfield, CT?

Having lived in Fairfield County, Connecticut for over half of my life at this point, I keep wondering if it was ever said by Mike anywhere as to how come the B.P.R.D. had their headquarters in the town of Fairfield for a while?
    Did somebody use to work for GE (which had its corporate HQ in Fairfield until recently) or something in the past?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know why Fairfield exactly, but I always thought it was in Connecticut as during the war and after there were a lot of military installations in the state.

When either of the two locations appear in a panel of a Hellboy comic story, I think those locations speak on their own in a sense,

like how the original New Mexico facility echoes nostalgia 1940s-50s type of days-gone-by Route 66 American stuff, seeming

strong yet destined to fade, like a blissful time and place, which Hellboy will come to outgrow and remember fondly more sooner than later.

Whereas Fairfield fits with a post-Vietnam type of world, with the fancy financial district / national security type of building,

fit for the harsher or less dreamy 1980s and 1990s which Hellboy will be living.

I somehow feel the Fairfield building must actually exist for real someplace, although I have no way of knowing.

I think these locations both as the move really fit or at least will offer both readers and creatives alike enough associativeness

for making them be to fit, as well as they do?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 06-25-2018 at 05:07 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    . . . Whereas Fairfield fits with a post-Vietnam type of world, with the fancy financial district / national security type of building, fit for the harsher or less dreamy 1980s and 1990s which Hellboy will be living.
    By the way, ever been to Fairfield, CT back in the 1980s / 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, ever been to Fairfield, CT back in the 1980s / 1990s?
    No, but I'm talking about association and how that makes location or the moving of the Bureau in a particular timeframe work, in regards to story matter and storytelling.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper