Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Queen Astra be modernized?

Back in the golden age there was this character named 'Queen Astra' a Spartan newborn infant abandoned in the wild with a bunch of other babies for being weak who proceeded to beat up a bunch of wolves. Found and rescued by Hippolyta, she was taken to outer space to live on 'Planet Infanta' where children reach toddlerhood and just stop aging.

Reaching toddlerhood and stopping, she continued to develop mentally and physically until she was as physically powerful as Wonder Woman and more learned than most adults. For being the greatest amongst the immortal infants of Infanta, she was proclaimed the queen of a planet of youths who would leave their planet to travel outer space rescuing abandoned babies regardless of gender to take back to planet Infanta and saving the Amazons from certain doom on occasion.

Does anyone think she could be modernized to work in a more modern setting? Take on the moniker of 'Wonder Tot' or something like that?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Back in the golden age there was this character named 'Queen Astra' a Spartan newborn infant abandoned in the wild with a bunch of other babies for being weak who proceeded to beat up a bunch of wolves. Found and rescued by Hippolyta, she was taken to outer space to live on 'Planet Infanta' where children reach toddlerhood and just stop aging.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Does anyone think she could be modernized to work in a more modern setting? Take on the moniker of 'Wonder Tot' or something like that?
    I think she's an inherently silly concept, but for that reason I'd love to see her come back. The DCU could certainly use some more unabashed silliness and fun injected into it. The Wonder Verse getting more of its interstellar elements back would also be a good thing. Queen Desira, Suprema, Crystallar and Astarte would be more than welcome to get more variety. I'd like to see Seeley's take on Saturna expanded to have her classic alien origins as well.

I would make her stay the same but she can grow up but she was one of the first. So she is the leader. I don't think that she should be a villain rather an ally

The child bit about Astra makes me think of Devastation, despite the former obviously appearing waaaaaay before the latter.

The other thing that jumped to mind with her killing the wolves thing is Heracules being an infant and strangling the snakes Hera sent to kill him. Maybe there’s something to work with there regarding her origins and other myths and becoming a warrior despite the ill treatment by her people and the odds of surviving... ::scratches chin and contemplates Miss Astra::

Wait due to the fact this did happen in real life in Ancient Greek why not have Astra taken the souls of the dead babies that have been killed from this and bring them to her kingdom. One thing I would add is that The Amazons did do the same thing with the dead children soul too. More on the fact they are reborn. She is an alien that the Amazons did save. She takes the children. Maybe she can be connected to Saturna. BY that I mean the fact in the original Saturna or Eviless(if you want them to be the same character.) are integalantic gang members so maybe Astra can be one of the aliens affected. We didn't get to see how their intergalatcal gang affected the other planets

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The child bit about Astra makes me think of Devastation, despite the former obviously appearing waaaaaay before the latter.
    Oh wow, it didn't even occur to me...Now I want to see Astra somehow fighting Devastation!
    It didn't even occur to me how well Astra actually fits in from a mythological/historical point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait due to the fact this did happen in real life in Ancient Greek why not have Astra taken the souls of the dead babies that have been killed from this and bring them to her kingdom. One thing I would add is that The Amazons did do the same thing with the dead children soul too. More on the fact they are reborn. She is an alien that the Amazons did save. She takes the children. Maybe she can be connected to Saturna. BY that I mean the fact in the original Saturna or Eviless(if you want them to be the same character.) are integalantic gang members so maybe Astra can be one of the aliens affected. We didn't get to see how their intergalatcal gang affected the other planets
    Taking the souls of the dead back to her kingdom...Thats a really good idea...Especially if one was to adapt that storyline where Ares/Mars took those babes offered to him and trained them to be child soldiers to send against the Amazons...

And it would be really interesting to see what kind of effect the empire of Saturn with its soldier/spies like Saturna and/or Eviless had on the universe at large.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think she's an inherently silly concept, but for that reason I'd love to see her come back. The DCU could certainly use some more unabashed silliness and fun injected into it. The Wonder Verse getting more of its interstellar elements back would also be a good thing. Queen Desira, Suprema, Crystallar and Astarte would be more than welcome to get more variety. I'd like to see Seeley's take on Saturna expanded to have her classic alien origins as well.
    It just impresses me how wide and far ranging Wonder Womans mythos is. Allies like Desira and enemies like Crystallar and Astarte...Theres just so many wonderful concepts to work with!

The question becomes which we keep them infants are allowed hem to grow up some? When I think about her I fell about the wizard of Oz books. There is one of the young girls being in the military in one of the books. So I think it would be cool if they are anywhere from 15 to 20? I maybe all 15. I don't think she should be a rogue gallery rather a ally.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-25-2018 at 05:09 PM.

A planet of intelligent babies, to me sounds more like its from a Green Lantern or Superman comic.

Actually reading Saturna from an earlier post, you could have Saturna is from the baby planet but she was exiled for committing horrific crimes and now Wonder Woman now has to go to the planet to learn more about Saturna and how to stop her from doing something evil.

So should they be babies or maybe teenagers? That there are babies and teenagers running the planets?

So should they be babies or maybe teenagers? That there are babies and teenagers running the planets?
    I say babies, its funnier and I think you could do alot more with baby/toddler themed technology then teenager technology

Their beds are cars, their rattles are laser guns.

Their beds are cars, their rattles are laser guns.
    Babies don't use guns they are peaceful lol, I was thinking cribs are hi-tech jail cells, rattles could be devices that can give them telepathic and telekinesis, stroller space pods for travelling on land sea and space, camouflage baby blankets

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say babies, its funnier and I think you could do alot more with baby/toddler themed technology then teenager technology
    Counterpoint: it's neither toddlers nor teenagers, but just... kids.

Still silly, but viable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Counterpoint: it's neither toddlers nor teenagers, but just... kids.

Still silly, but viable.
    What should the age range be?

Also, the reason why I said the rattle should be laser gun is how do they deal with invaders?

What should the age range be?

Also, the reason why I said the rattle should be laser gun is how do they deal with invaders?
    Hiding by using their camouflage blankets or the rattles give them telepathy which they use to make the enemy forget they were ever there.