Still flying

Default Justice League Extended (or Director's) Cut

Hey Guys,

I read somewhere in January this year that we would be getting a Justice League Extended (or Director's) Cut but of Joss Whedon's version of the film (i.e. the 30 minutes of the film that was left on the floor).
    Does anyone know if this is still happening? If so, do you know when?

Still flying

Shit! I guess no one knows or doesn't care

Astonishing Member

For Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad the extended cuts came with the blu-ray release, and there wasn't one with the Justice League blu-ray. Unless it was going to sell well enough to justify it, would Warner Bros release another edition?

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    For Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad the extended cuts came with the blu-ray release, and there wasn't one with the Justice League blu-ray. Unless it was going to sell well enough to justify it, would Warner Bros release another edition?
    Good point

There has been no announced plans to release it but there has been talk both confirming and denying the Zack Snyder cut exists. Chances are there is a Snyder cut (apparently there was test screening that was very different to the final cut) but without CGI effects in certain places, no score etc and WB may not want to invest in getting those touches done for a movie that underperformed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    There has been no announced plans to release it but there has been talk both confirming and denying the Zack Snyder cut exists. Chances are there is a Snyder cut (apparently there was test screening that was very different to the final cut) but without CGI effects in certain places, no score etc and WB may not want to invest in getting those touches done for a movie that underperformed.
    There's a difference between investing and just stuffing money in a paper shredder. They'd never get their money back from finishing a Snyder cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There's a difference between investing and just stuffing money in a paper shredder. They'd never get their money back from finishing a Snyder cut.
    Tbh I'd much rather see a Snyder cut than watch it again so I'd be happy to pay for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Tbh I'd much rather see a Snyder cut than watch it again so I'd be happy to pay for it.
    Ah, but would you rather

a) pay full price again to see a Snyder cut or
    b) don't pay at all and don't watch it again?

Because watching it again you can do for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, but would you rather

a) pay full price again to see a Snyder cut or
    b) don't pay at all and don't watch it again?

Because watching it again you can do for free.
    Pay full price again and see the Snyder cut, I already said that...

Eh ... I might pay a buck at Red Box or whatever to see a Snyder cut out of sheer curiosity, but I wouldn't pay full price.

Spectacular Member

I think releasing the Snyder cut is a bad movie for them. Even if it's good (which I doubt), all it can show at a company level is that they failed. Either by not following that direction or by not continuing in that direction.

It's just too late. And even for his fans, I think seeing the thing would almost ruin their dream of it.

Astonishing Member

The 'Snyder cut' that industry rumors were describing as 'unwatchable'?

Why would they release a worse version of an already bad movie?

Also?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    I think releasing the Snyder cut is a bad movie for them.
    Nice.

Still flying

I didn't mind the released version of the film. It just definitely felt rushed. I would love to see what the actual finished FULL version of the theatrical version of the film is like. For me, you can never have too much Joss (please don't shoot me, I just really like the guy's work). The film definitely would benefit with the extra 30 minutes added back to it.