Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am pretty sure Beast commited genocide twice. Once when he made that bomb to destroy that city, I dont even remember what that story was about. He asked something like "how many people did I just kill?" and they told him to do the maths.

The other time, when he helped destroy the planet of the not-justice-league with the Illuminati...

...was a chancellor for a fascist government with Stevil, ...and also worked with Dark Beast trying to find a cure for MDay.
    I think he's been a giant dick elsewhere, but I don't really have a problem with those examples. The first one (Secret Avengers #16) was him saving Cincinnati from being destroyed, second one he was trying to save the universe, the last two was him trying to protect or save mutants.

Though I guess you could say it still makes him a hypocrite when he acts holier than thou over Cyclops.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

For me, it came in three steps:
    1) He leaves the X-Men when he finds out that Cyclops has condoned a wetworks X-Force team. I thought this was fine and good comic book drama.
    2) He crashes Nightcrawler's funeral mid-procession to yell at Cyclops for the above. Gross behavior.
    3) He rejoins Wolverine's X-Men post-schism, and shrugs his shoulders when Wolverine tells him that he has continued running the X-Force team.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Beast was not even a leader of the X-Men when these events occurred. And during his brief "stint" leading the team he distinguished himself. Since when does the buck stop at the scientist I'm ordering around? Cyclops is responsible for most of these things. That said, Cyclops is a far better leader of the X-Men than Storm ever was. Her leadership verged on incompetence.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I do not like these threads that pick upon individual characters. The list of X-Men characters who are bad people is as long as the list of X-Men characters.

I think the lowest point was bringing the 05 just to be petty. I like that Lil Henry called him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    For me, it came in three steps:
    1) He leaves the X-Men when he finds out that Cyclops has condoned a wetworks X-Force team. I thought this was fine and good comic book drama.
    2) He crashes Nightcrawler's funeral mid-procession to yell at Cyclops for the above. Gross behavior.
    3) He rejoins Wolverine's X-Men post-schism, and shrugs his shoulders when Wolverine tells him that he has continued running the X-Force team.
    IIRC the anger that led to his leaving didn't start over the wetworks team, it was Scott not throwing the plan out the window when Hank ignored it to rescue a fake 'Xavier' in Dark Reign. Hank blamed Scott for everything that happened to him due to his own stupidity and everything went downhill from there. What makes it really weird is that Hank was dating someone who can most easily be described as Scott's Rule 63 counterpart - at least personality-wise. She pretty much even says so herself at one point, claiming that discussing anything with Scott is like talking to a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    IIRC the anger that led to his leaving didn't start over the wetworks team, it was Scott not throwing the plan out the window when Hank ignored it to rescue a fake 'Xavier' in Dark Reign. Hank blamed Scott for everything that happened to him due to his own stupidity and everything went downhill from there. What makes it really weird is that Hank was dating someone who can most easily be described as Scott's Rule 63 counterpart - at least personality-wise. She pretty much even says so herself at one point, claiming that discussing anything with Scott is like talking to a mirror.
    Gah, I forgot about this. Hank is the all time worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    When Shield and Cap came after him guess who he went for help?

The problem is not whether he is better or worse than Cyclops or the other Illuminattis. Is about him despite his mistakes continue to judge others as if he were better than them.

Recently in UA we had at least a glimpse of the good old Beast that we love but in the mutant titles he continues being portrayed as jerk.

So hope Astonishing is a new beginning for him.
    Yeah, he has that whole Avengers hypocrisy all over him.

That’s why I always say that Beast should move to the Avengers full time and forget about the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

I’ll never understand why Beast got sooooo mad with his former best friend.

His whole reasoning for being angry with Cyclops was just so stupid, bordering on hardcore envy/jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Cyclops ordered Beast to commit genocide actually.
    Secret Invasion or the Vampires? Either way that's fair.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that the problem that most people had with Beast is not that he did horrible things, is that he isn't called out for those horrible things.
    I unfortunately remember UXM 600...and it was a load.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am pretty sure Beast commited genocide twice. Once when he made that bomb to destroy that city, I dont even remember what that story was about. He asked something like "how many people did I just kill?" and they told him to do the maths.
    Yeah, what story was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

That's gotta be ... an AvX tie-in? I'm guessing Wolverine and the X-Men, given the Bachalo art?

Anyone else have any good panels or pages?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

i always thought this scene was interesting. bendis had uatu visit hank in the middle of the night to pass judgment

Stop posting about Cyclops in this thread. Seriously, if you see an OT post you don't like just let it go don't derail the thread to die on your martyr's sword for your favorite character.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.