Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know you guys agree with me that one person in comics who isn't very critical about his own actions is Beast. He seems to think that just because he's a smart guy, everything he does is right, and only he knows how to fix everything. Whether it's his holier-than-thou spitting at Cyclops during Nightcrawler's funeral or, most egregiously, messing with the time stream to bring the original X-Men to the present, he seems convinced that his **** doesn't stink and nothing he does can have negative repercussions.
    The one person?

Nah, man. The entire Illuminati fit that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    IIRC the anger that led to his leaving didn't start over the wetworks team, it was Scott not throwing the plan out the window when Hank ignored it to rescue a fake 'Xavier' in Dark Reign. Hank blamed Scott for everything that happened to him due to his own stupidity and everything went downhill from there. What makes it really weird is that Hank was dating someone who can most easily be described as Scott's Rule 63 counterpart - at least personality-wise. She pretty much even says so herself at one point, claiming that discussing anything with Scott is like talking to a mirror.
    During Dark Reign Sunspot and Hellion went against Scott's orders to start a riot. Beast was physically present as part of the peaceful protest outside of Osborn's gates at the time. They all end in Omega Machine torture jail and Scott waits with a rescue mission until it is politically advantageous to him and that for Beast was the final straw. But he'd been chaving at Scott's X-Force secrets, Emma's Shaw secrets and what he was being ordered to do in Messiah War already.

BANNED

He destroyed an entire city with all its inhabitants during the Black vortex after getting a power upgrade

Genocide off Earth doesn’t count!

Broccoli people don’t count!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    IIRC the anger that led to his leaving didn't start over the wetworks team, it was Scott not throwing the plan out the window when Hank ignored it to rescue a fake 'Xavier' in Dark Reign. Hank blamed Scott for everything that happened to him due to his own stupidity and everything went downhill from there. What makes it really weird is that Hank was dating someone who can most easily be described as Scott's Rule 63 counterpart - at least personality-wise. She pretty much even says so herself at one point, claiming that discussing anything with Scott is like talking to a mirror.
    This always felt weird to me. I remember that during Nation X Emma had no idea they were torturing Beast, but then Hank says Scott chose to let him on a torture chamber. Am I remembering that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This always felt weird to me. I remember that during Nation X Emma had no idea they were torturing Beast, but then Hank says Scott chose to let him on a torture chamber. Am I remembering that wrong?
    I think the story is that Beast doesn't believe Scott when he says he didn't know.

His trust of Scott was lowering bit by bit up till Nation X. Unlike Iceman and Wolverine who were Cyclops' men through and through right up until the second they were ready to kill him in cold blood.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    That face in the last panel.

I do not know if he was wrong this time but in No More Humans Beast was against Cyclops's plan to resurrect a dead man with Triage's powers to save mankind. The funny part is that Logan and Storm supported the plan while Beast was the only one against which reminds me IvX.

Basically he thought that resurrecting a dead man was wrong but everyone else thought that saving seven billion lives was worth the risk.

X-Men_-_No_More_Humans-060.jpg

BANNED

He's just an Scott contrarian, he's jealous of him in a way, or thinks he hasn't suffered enough

Besides all mentioned...

1) Not just bringing the O5 to the present... but doing it solely for the purpose of convincing Scott (who at the time was helping more mutants than the New York team was) to either jail himself or kill himself, I don't think Hank cared which.

2) Pleading that the only solution for mutant kind on Earth during the M-Pox Crisis was to LEAVE rather than fight against the people GASSING THEM TO DEATH. All so the Inhumans have another way to get Superpowers...

GOD I HATE IVX!!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i always thought this scene was interesting. bendis had uatu visit hank in the middle of the night to pass judgment

Oh man, I gotta know where that's from. That could be the article-ender right there!
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Oh man, I gotta know where that's from. That could be the article-ender right there!
    I'm thinking it was All-New X-Men #25 by Brian Bendis. Could be wrong, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    All-New 25. The Watcher spends an entire issue telling McCoy what a freaking idiot he is, blaming him for deleting timelines that the X-Men could have been happy because what he KNOWS and what he UNDERSTANDS about time travel are two entirely different things. It is GLORIOUS.