Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-Position: Submit Your Questions for X-23 Writer Mariko Tamaki

X-Position V2 returns, with X-23 writer Mariko Tamaki!

Got a X-question about the future of Laura Kinney (or her kick-ass little sister Gabby)? Leave a comment in this thread -- but get 'em in by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 29!!

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

What are your plans for giving Laura a supporting cast? Are you planning to make new characters or use characters Laura has interacted with in the past? Also do you have any plans to give Laura a strong and memorable rogues gallery? Will you bring Kimura back from the dead and revamp her character to make her more interesting?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-25-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Any chance hellion, pixie, or mercury show up.
    Will we see Laura's reasoning to why she's giving up being wolverine.
    Any hints on why the cuckoos are breaking bad
    Will gabby and molly hayes meet
    Will the orphans of x return
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-25-2018 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

Hoo boy, I been waiting for this.

In Phoenix Resurrection Laura and Hellion had their first appearance in a panel together since the...let's just say DIVISIVE Babysitting Arc of the the Liu series. Since then they've appeared together a couple more times (Sarah's funeral in All-New Wolverine, and cradling his body in a flashback of Old Woman Laura's alternate future) and they STILL haven't actually said a word to each other on-panel since their frielationship broke down. Since HeliX has been an overwhelming favorite 'ship among X-23 fans, will we finally be getting a chance to see them address the elephant in the room between them? Neither handled their last encounter in the Liu book well, and fans have been waiting a long time to see them hash out what happened.

Laura also recently reconnected with her cousin, Megan, which led to a number of wonderful scenes between them, reminding the reader just how much Laura was giving up by sending them into hiding back in Target X. However there's another friend from Laura's past we hardly see any of: Kiden Nixon. Kiden is one of the most important relationships in Laura's life, and it's always bothered me that it never seemed that Laura has tried to help her or the rest of her gang once she joined the X-Men. I'd imagine L'il Bro could benefit tremendously from working with the school's telepaths. Any chance of a reunion on the horizon?

Finally, X-23 fans have been dying to see a resolution to the Hooded Woman plot from the Liu series. Do you think we might finally see her again, and learn just who she is and what her connection to Laura actually is?

Hello Mariko!

Question about the CLONE WARS (not star wars but Laura and the Cuckoos). Over Laura's history with the X-men she's been around the Cuckoos a few times in Yost and Kyle's much loved and cherished runs on New X-Men and X-Force, and then again during Bendis's run where Laura was hanging with the time displaced O5, but there was never really any interaction. I agree completely that a story starring these girls is a long time coming (so much cloning blues to bond over), what made you decide for them to clash?

I wish you good fortune in the X-positions to come!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

You probably won't do this in the first 2 arcs, but in what way would you try to define the relation beetween Logan and Laura? specially after she giving back the mattle, i always thougth that it was a wasted opportunity that we didn't have much of a dynamic before his death.

I wish your luck on this work and whatever future project that you are working on.

1) Over the years Laura has developed relationships with many characters that have since fallen into comic book limbo. Characters like Mercury, Dust, Hellion, Kiden Nixon, and Finesse had significant impacts on Laura’s life, but we haven’t had many opportunities to see them interact since they last shared a book together. Are you interested in building Laura’s supporting cast based on her past friendships, or are you more interested in creating new ones?

2) Laura’s moment in All New Wolverine where she declares she is not X-23 was a significant moment for the character. Many people are concerned that the title of her new book is a sign of character regression. What is your response to these fears?

BANNED

Will be Daken showing up too as a supporting character in the series?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

1. To what extent will the book being called "X-23" be reflected in Laura's personality or actions?

2. How did you hit upon the idea of utilizing the Stepford Cuckoos for this book? (I am very happy you decided to!)

Thanks for doing this, and best of luck writing this character.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is it different for you to write this series now that Laura and Gabby both are also part of the X-Men Red team? Do you align with that creative team?

Are you going to follow up on her love live with either Hellion or Teen Angel? There seems to be a lot of love for her to reunite with the first and a lot of hate of the second one. Who do you think is a better fit for Laura?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Hello and thank you for letting us bombard you with questions!

Laura Kinney has developed a lot since she escaped The Facility and is now responsible for Gabby while also having a large network of friends and allies. What is your sense of her personality coming out of All-New Wolverine and her appearances beforehand, and what do you see as her primary focus for your run?

Who do you see as Laura's key allies? Also, do you see her as largely independent from the X-Men with her apartment in NYC, or still very much connected to the School?

With the OG Wolverine coming back from the dead, can we finally see the whole "snikt" family (Laura, Gabby, Daken, Jonathan and Logan have a family dinner?

latinalkinney

Hello Ms Tamaki! Really excited for your new run and I can't wait to read and talk about it for ages! I wanted to ask if there's a possibility for an Academy X reunion, especially with Mercury and Dust who Laura was very close to during her time at the school? I know Laura may feel a little uncomfortable around her old teammates (especially Hellion) so do you think she's healed to the point where she can also talk freely with them and be friends again?

BANNED

I'm excited for the Stepford Cuckoos. Are you going to connect their shared experiences in Weapon X/Weapon Plus?

I mean. This is just BEGGING for an overwhelming amount of New X-Men questions isn't it.

Since her debut, X-23 has been many things. She's become new things and left other things behind. In your opinion, is Laura, primarily, a superhero, a mutant or a big sister?

Likewise, do you see Gabby as a character in her own right, as a functional element to provide comic relief or a reflection of Laura's character?