Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is it different for you to write this series now that Laura and Gabby both are also part of the X-Men Red team? Do you align with that creative team?

Are you going to follow up on her love live with either Hellion or Teen Angel? There seems to be a lot of love for her to reunite with the first and a lot of hate of the second one. Who do you think is a better fit for Laura?
    From the looks of it, I don't think Teen Angel will even be around any more! Extermination and X-Men Blue ending means the O5 seem to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    2) Laura’s moment in All New Wolverine where she declares she is not X-23 was a significant moment for the character. Many people are concerned that the title of her new book is a sign of character regression. What is your response to these fears?
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I wanted to ask too. Some of us are worried that her reverting back to being called X-23 is a backwards step. Please address these concerns.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love that you're using the Cuckoos as antagonists in your first arc. I'm curious how you'll approach villains in this series. I don't think Laura has had a really iconic villain that was her own since Kimura died. So are you looking to create new characters to be enemies for X-23 or use more established characters like the Cuckoos?

What previous work on Laura did you read/research to help inform this story or did you have other inspiration outside of previous Laura stories? Will we be seeing Laura going back to being used as a weapon that isn't under her own self control? Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

X-23/Gambit relationship is one of my favourite dynamic in comics. Remy was always near when Laura needed support the most.
    Can we expect for Gambit to appear in future?
    Would love to see more of their big brother/sister dynamic.

Welcome to the X-Books, Mariko Tamaki! I'm pretty sure you know how the rest of that phrase goes.

What are some of the themes you think are most vital to keep intact given Laura's history, and which are you planning to introduce/build on as you share your interpretation of the character?

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Dear Ms. Tamaki,

I just wanted to let you know I am so excited about this series!

I was wondering if their was any specific X-23 writer (Kyle/Yost, Liu, Taylor) that influenced this upcoming series more than the others?

In some of your previous writing, I know you've handled the topic of mental illness, especially PTSD; will we see this solo series returning to handling Laura's history with mental illness, trauma, and self harm?

Thank you so much for doing CBR X-Positions and answering fans questions!

eggosandxmen

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    X-Position V2 returns, with X-23 writer Mariko Tamaki!

Got a X-question about the future of Laura Kinney (or her kick-ass little sister Gabby)? Leave a comment in this thread -- but get 'em in by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 29!!

Will gabby’s Liking Girls be explored? Is Megan gonna be there? What about Bellona? is Laura gonna explore her mental health after orphans of x and/or her own gender and sexuality stuff? Laura’s my favorite, please treat her well, okay?

Greetings.

1)The Stepford Cuckoos sisters over the last few years mainly with Bendis has developed a certain individuality both in their personalities and in appearance. In this history do you intend to follow through with it or reset them to their status quo as Three-In-One?

2)I know this has been asking many times but more people asking more the chances of being answered. Are you planning to bring some of Laura friends from New X-mens like Hellion, Dust, Mercury or someone from Avengers Academy?

What are your plans for Gabby? Although Laura is the star the two have already become part of each other's lives.

If you were to choose a song to represent your plans for Laura and Gabby on this new journey what would it be?

Okaaaay. I'll aim at non-spoiler things, otherwise my question will be just ignored or half-answered.

So, willl you explain why the Cuckoos are looking identical again? Will you keep developing their uniqueness through their personalities? See, I'm really glad their identical again, but it would bother me to have them acting as one all the time. It's fine to have that sometimes, since this is what makes them a little bit creepy and, you know, makes them the Stepford Cuckoos, but having them arguing with each other is also nice.

BTW, who is the brilliant person behind their new costumes? Can you share their costume desing?

When it comes to the tone of the book, will we get a little bit of the "horror" you brought to The Claws of the Killer or do you think it doesn't fit what you're aiming?

You've said in an interview that the first arc will be about "two extraordinary families fighting for survival". Can we expect to see more of these characters as a family moving forward, or will the next arc focus on other aspects of Laura and Gabby?

What is your favorite thing about writing these characters?

Thank you for taking your time for this interview

BANNED

Now that Gambit's married: Can we expect Gambit and Rogue to guest star in an issue with Laura and Gabby ? I mean it would be interesting considering Rogue's own history with Logan/Wolverine, right ?

Hi Ms. Tamaki!!

1.While Laura was Wolverine she teamed up with She Hulk against Wendigos in A Year of Marvels. As a fan of your run on Jen can I expect a reunion between the two?

2.Will Gabby continue her friendship with Deadpool regardless of his memory wipe?

3.Having both forsaken the Wolverine title what are your plans for Laura and Old Man Logan?

4. When Old Man Logan came to 616 I expected Daken, Sabretooth, and Deathstrike were going to react like they have to Prime Wolverines resurrection but instead they've mostly allied with him. In your opinion why did they react so differently to Logan's two returns?

Are you going to have any of the new Xmen show up? Would be nice to see her have a scene with Mercury again.

Hi Ms Tamaki

I just want to ask. Will there be any closure given on Laura and Angels relationship?

Mariko! Gurl! First and foremost: You do you. Write your story! SO MANY of we readers are just so psyched for this next chapter in Laura's life. You've got such a vast array of toys to play with, we're all just really excited about the bits we've been made privy to thus far. Laura is LOVED and she's got a fervent following and there is an inevitable tidal wave of "gimme gimme" and "you gotta gotta" headed your way so batten down them hatches. Any and all CONSIDERATION to the fandom's collective wish list is appreciated, but Marvel gave you the reigns for good reason and that reason is they want YOUR story. So excited to see where this all leads. Natch, we're all curious about a lot of the same stuff: The title. The costume change. The guest appearances. Laura's head space. Her relationships -platonic and otherwise. All the Teasers. So much wow. Whatever breadcrumbs the powers that be will allow, we welcome with open arms and expectant eyes. Make mine Mariko! <3

Questions about the Kinney side of things:
    How are you approaching writing X-23? What I mean is, how would you describe her state of mind at the beginning? Is it a direct continuation from ANW or has some develoment happen in between books that might affect her state of mine?
    Will Laura's reaction to OG Logan be handled in this book?
    Are there any long term plans for Gabby?
    What will be their primary place of residence? And what x-settings can we expect to see here?

On the Frost side of things:

Can we expect the Cuckoos to remain part of the supporting cast long term?
    Why the choice to have the sisters go back to the same look?
    Will Emma appear at some point to interact with them or Laura?