Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Love Iron Fist so wouldn't mind that.

Honestly what I would do is bring Jessica, Luke, Danny, Misty and Colleen all together for a new take on the Heroes for Hire. Keep it grounded, gritty and street focused. And play to each of the characters strengths. Have Matt Murdock on "retainer" when needed. Keep Jessica and Luke together and while we're at it put Misty and Danny back together as well.

Given the individual series for each of these characters struggled to gain sales perhaps bringing them together would work.
    They tried that with Defenders which was simply an expanded Heroes for Hire but it got cancelled not sure what went wrong though. And I'm going to make it.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    They tried that with Defenders which was simply an expanded Heroes for Hire but it got cancelled not sure what went wrong though. And I'm going to make it.
    I think the cancellation of The Defenders had more to do with Bendis leaving than anything. Because I thought it started off quite good but ending seemed rushed. Also David Marquez's art was amazing.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I think the cancellation of The Defenders had more to do with Bendis leaving than anything. Because I thought it started off quite good but ending seemed rushed. Also David Marquez's art was amazing.
    I mean sure Defenders was decent in enough in it's premise as well as it's characters and yeah it was rushed but I guess maybe it had to do with in part with Bendis leaving and possibly his workload as Marvel tends to put him on a lot of titles.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Any chance at a Iron Fist thread?

I was gonna be twisted and have her daughter Dani manifest similar powers. It just twists the knife even further and galvanize that aspect of their lives.
    You're right, that would be pretty twisted. Would she be manifesting those powers in tandem with what she inherited from Jess and Luke, or would those be her only powers?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    In light of Luke Cage getting an If You Wrote Comics thread I decided to pull the trigger and do one for his darling wife and owner of Alias Investigations; Jessica Jones-Cage. As always just imagine if Marvel gave you full reign to do anything you want to her, her rogues gallery, and supporting cast (if there are any enemies and supporting character exclusive to her). As always let loose, live, enjoy and maybe find a new direction for her. And I'll throw my hat in and just start with making her and Luke co-owners of Alias Investigations.
    I'd have her humiliated, killed, and erased from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're right, that would be pretty twisted. Would she be manifesting those powers in tandem with what she inherited from Jess and Luke, or would those be her only powers?
    I thought of those being her only powers just to throw Luke/jess for a loop. Metahuman genetics are probably tricky to map out. I also thought adding a time travel element so Luke/Jess can see an adult Dani thats jaded and cynical. So the end of the story has this version of Dani regaining a sense of optimism and trying to use her powers better while Jess and Luke get a better resolve in the present.

I thought about having a case where Jess travels to another earth and finds out that her younger brother was alive instead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-28-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'd have her humiliated, killed, and erased from existence.
    Yeah, you're so frigging edgy. We all stand in awe of your edginess.

Christ, dude, you dislike the character, we get it, get the hell over it and just don't go into threads that are about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, you're so frigging edgy. We all stand in awe of your edginess.

Christ, dude, you dislike the character, we get it, get the hell over it and just don't go into threads that are about her.
    no ............................

Ultimate Member

I'd also add that it only existed to cash in on the TV show. That's not always a bad thing but I wonder how much their hearts were really into it.

Fantastic Member

A meeting between Jessica and Kara would very interesting because unlike her father Kara herself was a good person who believe all life was precious whether were good or evil.

But ever since here stay at Neverland (a mutant concentration camps) her outlook on life has... sour a bit

I would have the story be about Kara attempting to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge (she fails due to the fact she very durable as she's survive that type of injury before) and while in the hospital she encounter Jessica and Jessica after finding decides to help her as she see care like she saw herself back the start of her series coming full circle.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought of those being her only powers just to throw Luke/jess for a loop. Metahuman genetics are probably tricky to map out. I also thought adding a time travel element so Luke/Jess can see an adult Dani thats jaded and cynical. So the end of the story has this version of Dani regaining a sense of optimism and trying to use her powers better while Jess and Luke get a better resolve in the present.

I thought about having a case where Jess travels to another earth and finds out that her younger brother was alive instead.
    That would be an interesting look at "the road not taken." Would he have powers as a result of the accident, too?

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    A meeting between Jessica and Kara would very interesting because unlike her father Kara herself was a good person who believe all life was precious whether were good or evil.

But ever since here stay at Neverland (a mutant concentration camps) her outlook on life has... sour a bit

I would have the story be about Kara attempting to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge (she fails due to the fact she very durable as she's survive that type of injury before) and while in the hospital she encounter Jessica and Jessica after finding decides to help her as she see care like she saw herself back the start of her series coming full circle.
    Hmm, now that definitely has some potential.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Probably.

I was inspired by Jess Drew meeting her alt universe self in the Spiderwomen crossover. Her alt self was a dude who became a hitman for S.I.L.K because they gave him a serum that stabilizes his powers (somehow).

I was leaning towards him having telekinesis but with no arms (that feels cliche).

Fantastic Member

I actually had an idea for a AU story in where instead of Killgrave take control of Jessica later on in his career as a villian, it happens much earlier (like 2-3 years after he became the purple man) and he also rapes her. Jessica was able to get free from him due to Killgrave getting sloppy and she ended up killing him. Jessica afraid she will be arrested for murder and also feeling shamed for what was done to her covers up his murder and his kidnapping her.

Now flash-forward for seventeen years later Jessica Jones is a single mother taking care of her daughter Danielle Cage Jones(what you thought I was going to have her to be the Purple Man daughter) now living in Canada. Jessica start to notice that her daughter has been sneaking out at night. Curious, Jessica decides follows her one night and finds she been going to a club called Le Drugstore which is known to most people as a lesbian bar and making out with a women two years her senior and was clearly a mutant. (Jessica has horrified look on her)

Jessica does not have a problem with her daughter being gay but it's who her daughter is frenching that terrifies her as the woman has Purple Skin and her last name is Killgrave.

So yeah the story is going to be about Jessica doing everything in her power trying to break them up with everyone assume she only doing this because she's racists towards mutants as nobody knows Jessica true reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's the backwards way to go about it.
    You don't make up a cool badass villain and then come up with a story to put him in.
    Story comes first, and any created characters come from the needs of the story.
    I dunno ... worked pretty well for Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I dunno ... worked pretty well for Batman.
    There are a lot of things that worked in the 30's that don't work anymore.