Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Having such a good time seeing that trailer on the big screen. It'll be a fun and probably funny movie, which is good. It works with these characters.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I love that it's not taking itself too seriously. It knows that all of the characters are not huge characters and it goes with it and it works. I am so excited for this movie.

BANNED

The Tie in Comics are great if you haven't read them yet.

I have faith this movie will be good considering the 2 movies James Gunn has directed and written were both great funny films. Still unsure if it will be successful but I feel that The Winter Soldier's success was due in large part to word of mouth and Guardians definitely needs that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    I love that it's not taking itself too seriously. It knows that all of the characters are not huge characters and it goes with it and it works. I am so excited for this movie.
    You really can't take this concept completely seriously. You've got Marvel's version of Han Solo, a talking space raccoon with a machine gun, and an walking tree that only says one phrase. It doesn't need to a full-on comedy (actually I don't want that), but trying to make this into a Nolan film would be really dumb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    You really can't take this concept completely seriously. You've got Marvel's version of Han Solo, a talking space raccoon with a machine gun, and an walking tree that only says one phrase. It doesn't need to a full-on comedy (actually I don't want that), but trying to make this into a Nolan film would be really dumb as well.
    I just hope it can balance it well, while still having some drama and a heart unlike Thor the Dark World and Iron Man 3.

Extraordinary Member

I think there will be a big sense of heart.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think there will be a big sense of heart.
    I agree. Some of these characters will have big hearts (Looking at Mr. Quill), otherwise why would they band together to save the galaxy? Beneath their greedy, revenge filled, angry exteriors there are probably a bunch of outcasts who still feel saving the galaxy is important; especially when they realize what Star-Lord stole and the impact it could have.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    That's weird. When I first saw it (at CATWS movie) I like creamed my panties!

The visuals, Rocket, Groot, and Star Lord made me LOL in the cinema! The music was awesome since this is the type of music my parents listen too and I grew up with... For the 1st time in my life I am excited for a Marvel Movie when I don't even read the comics!
    I was impressed with Star Lord...I thought the acting and characterization of him was spot on, (based on the limited footage seen in the trailer). Never been a big fan of Rocket Raccoon or Groot. I know a lot of people love them...but they've never really appealed to me. I even skipped their stories in Annihilators.

I've only read DnA's version of GOTG, (haven't touched Bendis'), and the characters I enjoyed the most were Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax, and Moondragon...basically the ex-Infinity Watch characters. I don't think we'll see Warlock in this...which kinda makes me sad...but one step at a time, I guess. One character at a time. He isn't exactly the most exciting personality, but for some reason I've always been drawn to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I agree. Some of these characters will have big hearts (Looking at Mr. Quill), otherwise why would they band together to save the galaxy? Beneath their greedy, revenge filled, angry exteriors there are probably a bunch of outcasts who still feel saving the galaxy is important; especially when they realize what Star-Lord stole and the impact it could have.
    Yup, they'll rise to the challenge, and prove themselves.
    They might be a bunch of 'A-Holes', but they have heart.

I'm looking forward to guardians, I was a little put off by the trailer because I thought they were going for action instead of comedy, it threw me off but now that I think about it, I'm glad that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Extraordinary Member

I'm guessing the post-credit scene will be based on Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm guessing the post-credit scene will be based on Ant-Man.
    Or about the infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandydandy View Post
    I was impressed with Star Lord...I thought the acting and characterization of him was spot on, (based on the limited footage seen in the trailer). Never been a big fan of Rocket Raccoon or Groot. I know a lot of people love them...but they've never really appealed to me. I even skipped their stories in Annihilators.

I've only read DnA's version of GOTG, (haven't touched Bendis'), and the characters I enjoyed the most were Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax, and Moondragon...basically the ex-Infinity Watch characters. I don't think we'll see Warlock in this...which kinda makes me sad...but one step at a time, I guess. One character at a time. He isn't exactly the most exciting personality, but for some reason I've always been drawn to him.
    You might be surprised!
    Considering how coy James Gunn and Kevin Feige acted on the AMC Movie Talk GotG Live Special when asked about Adam and several other DnA Guardians leads me to believe there may be a few more surprises in store.
    They pretty much CONFIRMED Cosmo.

For those who haven't seen it yet, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDGc0KAKzXY
    It's pretty darn revealing, particularly when James Gunn gets asked about the possibility of other Team members.
    He has to kind of check with Kevin Fiege and gets uncomfortable, like he wants to scream "YES, Adam is in it!" lol
    Then they confirm that Bug is definitely NOT in it but he almost was...nice way to dodge the Warlock questions.

I'm thinking although Adam may not fully appear, seeds will be planted.
    Many people think that cocoon looking thing in the Collector's "Zoo" in the Thor:The Dark World credits may have been Adam's cocoon.