Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm shocked. I thought that I was going to hate Rocket but as I've given the comics a chance he's started to grow on me. I am really, really excited for this movie.

BANNED

August 1st can't come soon enough for me. I thought we'd get an Adam Warlock Easter egg of some sort foreshadowing his possible appearance in a sequel. I gotta watch that Thor scene again.
    Last edited by King Of All Nerds; 05-06-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure we'll be seeing something of Warlock. Also, I believe the post-credit scene will be Ant-Man linked.

Many people are getting the wrong idea from that first trailer. The plot of the movie will def yield moments of non comedy drama. Hell, Drax's revenge story will be dark as will the connections between Gamora, Nebula, and Thanos. The upcoming second trailer will display that. It will be a gripping story with touches of humor to balance it out.

I also think many people overlook the simple fact that all the marvel movies are laced with humor. Avengers alone has so many laugh out loud moments. None of them took themselves too seriously. That's why they are so well received.

I have to say I am worried about this movie, I was excited when they announced it it was gonna be Marvel Star wars in a way..but the trailer just rob me the wrong way....it looks like it might be a full comedy...now I am stilling hoping but I am not thrill about this movie..maybe its just a case of having too much expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    I have to say I am worried about this movie, I was excited when they announced it it was gonna be Marvel Star wars in a way..but the trailer just rob me the wrong way....it looks like it might be a full comedy...now I am stilling hoping but I am not thrill about this movie..maybe its just a case of having too much expectation.
    They have said that it is not a comedy. So that trailer is somewhat deceiving. They said that they took this movie deadly seriously. If you have read any of the comics you will know that they have their quirks but are very serious about what they do.

ronan.jpg
    "A Kree radical, Ronan continues to fight an ancient war between his people and the Xandarians. Ronan has struck a bargain with the Machiavellian Thanos — retrieve a mysterious artifact, and in exchange Xandar will finally be eradicated. Ronan leads his army to hunt down Peter Quill and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy when they come between him and his genocidal goal."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=100184

I'm a fan of Bendis' run in the comics so am reeeeally excited to see this film! The first time I saw the trailer I was a little hesitant - they seemed to almost trivialize it? But a few watches has me hooked.

Extraordinary Member

Ugh, must see more of Ronan!

God, I hope he avoids the MCU curse of villains being painfully underused.

"This sticks closest to the Abnett and Lanning version but it’s not the Bendis stuff. That’s not the story we’re telling. "
    -Chris Pratt

This makes me feel a lot better.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    "This sticks closest to the Abnett and Lanning version but it’s not the Bendis stuff. That’s not the story we’re telling. "
    -Chris Pratt

This makes me feel a lot better.
    Yeah, I kind of grinned at that. "I was reading the Bendis stuff and the director was like, 'Stop! Don't read that!' If you want to read up, read the DnA stuff."

Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I kind of grinned at that. "I was reading the Bendis stuff and the director was like, 'Stop! Don't read that!' If you want to read up, read the DnA stuff."

Delicious.
    I LOL'd here at work...pretty loudly too.

This is VERY good news.

Quote Originally Posted by sutekh View Post
    yeah, i kind of grinned at that. "i was reading the bendis stuff and the director was like, 'stop! Don't read that!' if you want to read up, read the dna stuff."

delicious.

so awesome!

yeah that is GOOD news for us

BANNED

So nice to see them use DNA stuff for reference less Benids credit the better. Though it saddens me that Marvel stopped reprinting DNA's run on the Guardians.