• I Love Her!

88 44.22%
  • I Hate Her!

85 42.71%
  • Who?

26 13.07%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Just now saw this thread, but it seems the clear takeaway is: "Gabby" is not a very liked character.
    It's only one thread on a single forum. Hardly an even remotely accurate cross section of the readership and their opinions.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Some say indifference is worse than hate.
    Indifference? What indifference?! The poll has at time of posting 189 votes! That's more then most polls, even if you subtract the 25 "Who?"'s, it's still more then most.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
    Isn't Laura the same age as the ALNM kids? Or did they age her up again? The thing is Gabby just makes Laura seem older, becasue if Gabby ages, Laura has to.
    Not necessarily. With Gabby, they have a built in excuse if they want to make her older with the fact that she was rapidly aged to her current age. Thus if they wanted her older, they could have her age accelerate until a certain age before aging normally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not necessarily. With Gabby, they have a built in excuse if they want to make her older with the fact that she was rapidly aged to her current age. Thus if they wanted her older, they could have her age accelerate until a certain age before aging normally.
    At least according to Taylor's Twitter that's exactly what happened: Gabby and the other Sisters were all rapid-aged, otherwise the eldest like Zelda would have had to be born at about the same time as Laura herself.

I heard somebody say, the other day, that Gabby was based off of a dead meme (honey badgers). haha.

Well I think the reaction is mixed!!

BANNED

Gabby is a tremendous breath of fresh air and provides a wonderful, contrasting take on the Wolverine concept. I love her dynamics with Laura and Daken, and I'm sure she'll wonderfully charming when she's eventually paired with Logan.

I just hope they stick with Honey Badger over Scout. That's the one change in the latest series that just seems tremendously unneeded and short sighted. Of course her codename is Honeybadger. It fits her like a glove with claw slits.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Indifference? What indifference?! The poll has at time of posting 189 votes! That's more then most polls, even if you subtract the 25 "Who?"'s, it's still more then most.
    The "Who?" answer is indifference to the character.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's this honey badger meme tho?
    "Cable was right!"

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's this honey badger meme tho?
    A video that circulated in winter 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Super timely writing on the part of Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    Gabby is a tremendous breath of fresh air and provides a wonderful, contrasting take on the Wolverine concept. I love her dynamics with Laura and Daken, and I'm sure she'll wonderfully charming when she's eventually paired with Logan.

I just hope they stick with Honey Badger over Scout. That's the one change in the latest series that just seems tremendously unneeded and short sighted. Of course her codename is Honeybadger. It fits her like a glove with claw slits.
    I kinda like "Scout" better; it rolls of the tongue better and she did pick it herself (I don't think there was anything wrong with the way her other one was picked, but there it is). Besides, as pointed out in the issue itself, Laura has gone through multiple codenames, so it happens. Besides, I kinda think Gabby was more established under her real name, allowing a codename to be more flexible, unlike how Spidey and Batman will always be Spidey and Batman.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)