199. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Love Her!

88 44.22%
  • I Hate Her!

85 42.71%
  • Who?

26 13.07%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

As a Scooby Doo fan. I don’t get the Scrappy Doo comparison. At least these poll numbers don’t confirm that. More like 50/50 here like I thought. 80-90 percent of Scooby Fans hate Scrappy it seems.

But I guess I get it’s a little divisive.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I absolutely despise her especially when her personality is basically little girl Deadpool.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    As a Scooby Doo fan. I don’t get the Scrappy Doo comparison. At least these poll numbers don’t confirm that. More like 50/50 here like I thought. 80-90 percent of Scooby Fans hate Scrappy it seems.

But I guess I get it’s a little divisive.
    I didn't mind Scrappy growing up, so I really don't get the hate for him, either.

I’m indifferent toward her.

BANNED

Y'know, this thread just made me think of the irony that even Wolverine himself was a divisive character when he first appeared, with a lot of people wanting Marvel to kill him off. It wasn't until Claremont/Lee got hold of him that his popularity began to skyrocket.

Right now, Gabby has only really been written by Taylor. Hopeless didn't use her at all, and her only other appearances outside ANW and XMR were in the Ghost Rider and Hawkeye guest spots. The former was just plain bad all around (even Laura was written horribly). The latter was quite well-received. Tamaki's X-23 is going to be the first time a writer other than Taylor is going to be using her extensively, so I honestly think a thread like this is a bit premature.

She is an annoying DisneyXD character
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I didn't mind Scrappy growing up, so I really don't get the hate for him, either.
    I think over the years people have started to dislike him more.

I don’t understand Gabby hate. I do think she is a tricky character to write and if I’m the wrong hands.. could be annoying. She hasn’t been so far.

With Red and so many characters to serve.. I think she’s easy for some to point to and say.. She’s taking time away from so and so. When I reality it is just too many characters. Love the book. But tough to give everybody time.

Hate seems like a strong word. But I don't like her one bit.

I've said this before. Gabby is that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books when the writer doesn't know what to do with Spidey. So he makes him tell really bad jokes and be mostly annoying. BUT at least in case of Spider-Man, everyone else also find Spidey annoying. Whereas Gabby is worse that no one calls her out for how annoying she's being.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I've said this before. Gabby is that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books when the writer doesn't know what to do with Spidey. So he makes him tell really bad jokes and be mostly annoying. BUT at least in case of Spider-Man, everyone else also find Spidey annoying. Whereas Gabby is worse that no one calls her out for how annoying she's being.
    I'd say the difference there from the characters' perspective is that Spider-Man is a grown man acting in an annoying way, while Gabby is a 13 year old girl. It'd be a lot less cringeworthy for a kid to be doing things like that vs an adult doing it.

BANNED

She doesn't register strongly enough for me to hate her (apart from Red, I can just ignore her), but I don't like her.

So...who?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i liked her fine in the first six issues but then i wasnt a fan of her or Jonathan as the book went on
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Much better than Laura

I really like the character. Not sure if she's developed enough to hold her own series, but I think she's changed the X-23 mythos for the better. The relationship between the two sisters has become one of my favorite things about the franchise now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I really like the character. Not sure if she's developed enough to hold her own series, but I think she's changed the X-23 mythos for the better. The relationship between the two sisters has become one of my favorite things about the franchise now.
    How ever since she got here all she's done is outshine Laura a lot. If it was choice between Gabby and Damian Wayne I'd pick Damian any day.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-26-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he