Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2019 the release of Two big female lead movies

Does Diana have anything to worry about with Captian Marvel coming out the same year? Marvel movies are still a big money machine and so far most of their money’s are hitting it out of the park. While yes it’s all about the release date it’s also about stability. Marvel movies are now most stable than Dc. So how should Dc handle this

Unless the two movies come out the same month, don't bother about it at all. More important for DC to do their own thing - action drama - well than worry about what Marvel does.

If you're worried if WW grosses more than Cap Marvel (that just seems wrong to call anyone other than Billy Batson that...), then yes, be concerned.

However, WW already made its cultural impact. WW's legacy in the public consciousness is intact for the foreseeable future.

But the fact all of the reviews and money MCU you guys think Dc will actually give more money this time? Diana is going to be released in November unless they push up the dates

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you're worried if WW grosses more than Cap Marvel (that just seems wrong to call anyone other than Billy Batson that...), then yes, be concerned.

However, WW already made its cultural impact. WW's legacy in the public consciousness is intact for the foreseeable future.
    Shh.... She was one of the most powerful characters in Avengers Alliance.
    Her and Captain America vs Surtur:

Yeah, I used her for group bosses a LOT.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Does Diana have anything to worry about with Captian Marvel coming out the same year? Marvel movies are still a big money machine and so far most of their money’s are hitting it out of the park. While yes it’s all about the release date it’s also about stability. Marvel movies are now most stable than Dc. So how should Dc handle this
    Very unlikely. For all the commentary on Gadot, I think she's built up a lot of goodwill with her appearances in the last three movies, whereas Captain Marvel is a newbie character for the movies. Now, I'm a DC guy, not a Marvel guy, so I'm biased, but I think people are more interested in Diana than Carol in general.

So DC should just focus on making the best movie possible, avoiding too much controversy, and it should do fine.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

No need to worry about Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman 1984 being released in 2019 - that's only reason to celebrate and be excited about the future of female superheroes on the big screen. And possibly worry about my bank balance when it comes to purchasing the associated merchandise!

Astonishing Member

I think WW2 will win the war at the BO. However I don't like Bond 25 opening a week after WW2. That will eat away her sales. It will be interesting to see if the sequel will far short or surpass the first.

The fact that Dc did do some ads for Diana but not enough makes me think DC will at least step up more to market Diana better than they did last time. So it stands to reason it could help with her passing sales.

Hm. I didn't know who Captain Marvel was until a couple years ago. I still know nothing about her. And I've been reading comics faithfully since 1987, post COIE.
    I don't think Captain Marvel has the same built in notoriety as Wonder Woman. Everyone knew who Wonder Woman was even before her movie. And then the movie, Gal, and Wonder Woman the character tapped into the zeitgeist, with a cultural impact not seen before. I don't think Captain Marvel has anywhere near the same potential. They may stick some tags in that make it required viewing for the movie-verse, though.
    But I'm probably going to see it (and if so, it will be the first Marvel movie I've ever seen in the theater.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yes, they DC/WW should be.

But i'm more worried about the plot/story of WW movie. Why WW1984? That going to make alot of controversy with the audience and let's not forget the magazine and the haters.

The movie should be in the present after justice league, not back in 1984 and they should be let go Steve, i'm ok with Barbara/cheetah cause she could open the door for Diana to return to themyscira.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hm. I didn't know who Captain Marvel was until a couple years ago. I still know nothing about her. And I've been reading comics faithfully since 1987, post COIE.
    I don't think Captain Marvel has the same built in notoriety as Wonder Woman. Everyone knew who Wonder Woman was even before her movie. And then the movie, Gal, and Wonder Woman the character tapped into the zeitgeist, with a cultural impact not seen before. I don't think Captain Marvel has anywhere near the same potential. They may stick some tags in that make it required viewing for the movie-verse, though.
    But I'm probably going to see it (and if so, it will be the first Marvel movie I've ever seen in the theater.)
    I think it's because Marvel has very few female characters who have a power set similar to Supergirl or Wonder Woman. Disney started pushing Carol Danvers because they wanted to have a big name character who fit that archetype.

Look back at the old Marvel vs DC crossover. They had things like Spiderman vs Superboy(the telekinetic version), and Superman vs the Hulk, but what Marvel character fought Wonder Woman? STORM! Actually...
    Battle 1: Thor defeats Captain Marvel(Billy Batson).
    Battle 2: Flash defeats Quicksilver.
    Battle 3: Aquaman defeats Namor.
    Battle 4: Robin defeats Jubilee.
    Battle 5: Silver Surfer defeats Green Lantern.
    Battle 6: Elektra defeats Catwoman.
    Battle 7: Wolverine defeats Lobo.
    Battle 8: Storm defeats Wonder Woman.
    Battle 9: Spider-Man defeats Superboy.
    Battle 10: Superman defeats the Hulk.
    Battle 11: Batman defeats Captain America.
    There's 8 fights between male heroes, 2 between female, and 1 male v female. So only 5 female characters were in the vs rounds at all. Jubilee, Storm, Elektra, Catwoman and Wonder Woman. But this was back in 1996, and Carol Danvers was a minor character back then.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I only knew Captain Marvel aka Ms Marvel as the original source of all of Rogue's awesome superpowers (i.e. flight, super-strength and super-durability) thanks to X-Men: The Animated Series.

But, they've definitely been promoting her heavily in recent years.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If anything, Marvel should be worried about making sure captain marvel is really great so wonder woman doesn't outshine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I only knew Captain Marvel aka Ms Marvel as the original source of all of Rogue's awesome superpowers (i.e. flight, super-strength and super-durability) thanks to X-Men: The Animated Series.

But, they've definitely been promoting her heavily in recent years.
    Yeah, seriously. In the comics she ended up in limbo for YEARS because the writers weren't using her.