Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I wonder if should add John Byrne in the list for Wolverine, when he came onboard the characther started to change, it was when the added actual substance to him beyond the one-note edgelord that he was in the Claremont/Cockrum issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I wonder if should add John Byrne in the list for Wolverine, when he came onboard the characther started to change, it was when the added actual substance to him beyond the one-note edgelord that he was in the Claremont/Cockrum issues.
    Probably. Claremont didn't know what to do with Wolverine and was going to write him out.

For Rachel:
    Best: Weinberg, Claremont, Lobdell, Davis
    Worst: Claremont, Lobdell, Bendis, Brubaker

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    For Rachel:
    Best: Weinberg, Claremont, Lobdell, Davis
    Worst: Claremont, Lobdell, Bendis, Brubaker
    Claremont for best and worst?

Spectacular Member

For Storm:
    Best: Claremont, Davis
    Worst:Bendis, Brubaker

For Sage:
    Best: Claremont
    Worst: Claremont

For Iceman:
    Best: Lobdell, Sina
    Worst: Bendis

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    LONGSHOT

BEST:

- Well, obviously his creator, Ann Nocenti. Despite she only wrote six issues...and a story for Marvel Comics Presents #16 (in which it was settled that he can beat a kangaroo on the run)
    - I think, though, that Claremont did a great job with him in UXM --a slightly different and naiver (because of another mindwipe) Longshot who gained interesting traits
    - I would like to name too Christopher Hastings for so much fun in 'Longshot saves the MU', DeMatteis for bringing back the real wanderer hobo Longshot (although the final result was too corny), Nicieza for the brilliant notion of the (ever failing) Fallen Messiah, and Vaughan for open our eyes about Longshot's indolence

WORST:

- Jim Lee/Lobdell team. X-Men #10-11 is the worst crap I've ever read. It's, like, "Ey guys, you misunderstood everything or what! It's all on the contrary!". Or, more than likely, you didn't take the trouble to read about the character and his story
    - It was something similar with that awful Marvel Fanfare #4-5 (which I hope nobody knows about). A pity since Jaimie Campos (as well as the artist) seemed to honestly care about the former miniseries, but once again the story was reduced to the most low quality, tasteless and vulgar power struggle, without an ounce of imagination or freshness. Junk readings, this and the previous

I'm leaving PAD apart because he did nothing with Longshot, good or bad. It was a total wasting. Longshot was in XFI just as wallpaper and source of sex jokes, while Shatterstar was increasingly developed thanks to stolen attributes which belonged to Longshot. I must admit, though, that I did like the final solution for these two (the "I'm my own Grandpa" thing).
    I forgot to include among the worst the team Guggenheim/Bunn in that inanity called Mojo Worldwide. Portraying Longshot as a trivial influencer capable of betraying his friends for the sake of 'likes' is an insult to the character, as well as a total incomprehension of him.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler
    Best: Charlie Huston
    Worst: Madeline Visaggio

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Emma

Best: Joss Whedon, Mike Carey, Warren Ellis

Worst: Michael Bendis, Matt Fraction, and the writer who did the Emma Frost one shot
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

PSYLOCKE

Best: Claremont/Yost/Carey/Remender/Spurrier/Bunn (except for the whining)

Worst: Humphries/Claremont (Exiles, New Exiles, Excalibur crossover)

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    For Storm:
    Best: Claremont, Davis
    Worst:Bendis, Brubaker

For Sage:
    Best: Claremont
    Worst: Claremont

For Iceman:
    Best: Lobdell, Sina
    Worst: Bendis
    Wow, best and worst at the same time, thats something weird to see.

ROGUE:

Best - Kelly Thompson because she made me love Rogue again in the modern age. I've only ever liked her early 90's characterization and though I've read her stories since then, she seemed like a completely different person. Kelly not only brought my Rogue back to life, she actually made me like the modern Rogue, her Rogue, better.

Worst - Mike Carey because he completely turned her into a tramp. His Rogue is one of the worst cases of what I spoke about above regarding her being written as a completely different person.

So I have 2 favorite characters. Storm and Wolfsbane

Storm- Best writer, Chris Claremont. Worst would be Brian Wood
    Wolfsbane- Best writer PAD. Worst, I don’t know? Yost maybe?....at times I did not like the way PAD wrote her.

Has there ever been a Writer that made you HATE a character that you didn’t hate before? Guggenheim made me hate Kitty. Brian Wood made me hate Rachel.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    So I have 2 favorite characters. Storm and Wolfsbane

Storm- Best writer, Chris Claremont. Worst would be Brian Wood
    Wolfsbane- Best writer PAD. Worst, I don’t know? Yost maybe?....at times I did not like the way PAD wrote her.

Has there ever been a Writer that made you HATE a character that you didn’t hate before? Guggenheim made me hate Kitty. Brian Wood made me hate Rachel.
    Not really, Yost/Kyle make me want to punch Cyclops for including Laura in the X-Force team without telling Logan, but he took care of that for me . Kitty in Gold is obnoxious but i always been neutral toward her.

Logan?, never hated it, he is my favorite, so i just feel sad when he was neutered after House of M (my thanks to Way, Loeb and Aaron for that and whoever was the mastermind that greenlit Schism). I guest that Emma Frost to Morrison, i never felt bad for any of the problems that she faced in the relationship, but is more apathy than actual hate.

Otherwise, i just found takes that i don't like, Milligan's Gambit and Rogue is especially bad, but his Mystique was even worse.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wow, best and worst at the same time, thats something weird to see.
    Makes sense though. A writer can do some of the best things with your favorite, but then turn around & do some of the worst. lol

For example, I LOVED Duggan's run on Deadpool. He was the perfect writer DP needed to recover from Daniel Way's mess. But I HATED the addition of Shiklah, and how stupid & pathetic the relationship made DP look.

Jason Aaron. I think he writes a good Sabretooth, and he had Sabretooth actually achieving some accomplishments. Like becoming the ruler of the Asian Underworld. But then he turned around & brought in "The Hottest & Deadliest Couple" deal with Mystique, which makes me list him as one of the better writers, but also one of the worst. Same Kyle Higgins' with Death of Wolverine. Overall they had a good voice for Creed, but to write him as Logan's obsessive ex who dresses other men as Wolverine ruined it! lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-09-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Makes sense though. A writer can do some of the best things with your favorite, but then turn around & do some of the worst. lol

For example, I LOVED Duggan's run on Deadpool. He was the perfect writer DP needed to recover from Daniel Way's mess. But I HATED the addition of Shiklah, and how stupid & pathetic the relationship made DP look.

Jason Aaron. I think he writes a good Sabretooth, and he had Sabretooth actually achieving some accomplishments. Like becoming the ruler of the Asian Underworld. But then he turned around & brought in "The Hottest & Deadliest Couple" deal with Mystique, which makes him list him as one of the better writers, but also one of the worst. Same Kyle Higgins with Death of Wolverine. Overall they had a good voice for Creed, but to write him as Logan's obsessive ex who dresses other men as Wolverine ruined in! lol
    I guest that the same can be said about Aaron's Wolverine, i enjoyed Get Mystique, the Spider-Man/Wolverine mini and "A mile to my mocassins" back up story, also props to Aaron for actually putting Logan in a relationship, short as it was, Melita Garner wasn't the most fascinating character, but it was good enough. The rest of his Wolverine stuff is really uneven, especially post-Schism.