Default The Predator 2018... and all the rest of them too.

Uhhh... not bad? I feel I've been burned by this franchise ever since after Danny Glover cut one down back in 1990 (Awesome Sega Genesis game though). I don't hate this cast and for at least 3 or 4 of them to be actors I've seen and liked in things is a big plus. Black being back is not the home run that I feel some people would assume but all things considered I think this will be a theater go for me after this trailer. Looks pretty cool.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The first theatrical Rated R movie I ever went to see, just me and my cousin who was also 15 at the time. I remember the first 15, 20 minutes that my Mom would bust through the EXIT door and start beating my ass but I settled in after that. I like this one, I mean NOTHING gets close to the first one and that includes nearly any other Schwarzenegger movie ever not named Pumping Iron or T2 but I like Glover Predator.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I'm seeing it for sure. I am starting to wonder if there is enough to the Predator mythos to sustain a franchise though. I think you have to play hard towards what makes the Predator unique from just another alien bad guy to make it work.

I had a similar experience seeing the 1st movie OP, good times. Love II as well. After that I just haven't really been too impressed. I hope this does turn out to be a good one, I found the last one to be pretty forgettable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

The first theatrical Rated R movie I ever went to see, just me and my cousin who was also 15 at the time. I remember the first 15, 20 minutes that my Mom would bust through the EXIT door and start beating my ass but I settled in after that. I like this one, I mean NOTHING gets close to the first one and that includes nearly any other Schwarzenegger movie ever not named Pumping Iron or T2 but I like Glover Predator.
    First r-rated film i saw in theaters was Fright Night when i was 4 and saw Predator in theaters when i was 6 and Predator 2 when i was 9 in theaters.

Fantastic Member

They could maybe adept some stuff from the comics and books

I think the biggest problem with Predator has been the lack of a strong protagonist to fight the Predator. The first had Arnold, the second had Glover, but he isn't a big action star. I liked Aliens vs Predator, the second was crap. Predators simply had no likeable characters. (And did anyone else notice the only Americans portrayed were crazy or sociopathic?)
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I think the biggest problem with Predator has been the lack of a strong protagonist to fight the Predator. The first had Arnold, the second had Glover, but he isn't a big action star. I liked Aliens vs Predator, the second was crap. Predators simply had no likeable characters. (And did anyone else notice the only Americans portrayed were crazy or sociopathic?)
    I agree, but I will say that Glover was an action star when II came out. He had two Lethal Weapon movies under his belt at that point. He was not at Arnold level of course, just saying.