Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...Kitty Pride is getting a movie? WTF!?
    Yeah , also Bendis is writing it

I feel like marvel thought kitty was the millennial representative of the a-listers.

The core main xmen people think of tend to be the favorites of most but I guess they figured if younger readers could have a central figure to ring them in it’d be kitty.

The thing is I think it could’ve succeeded but from what little I’ve read of gold it just doesn’t.

Rather than be such a commander so quickly, I feel like it would’ve been great to see kitty have some dilemmas with decision making and storm/ other veterans there to advise her when she was questioning herself would have made much more sense for new readers to identify with.

I don’t blame marvel for wanting to try their luck at pushing younger xmen. I mean, ideally younger ones would be phased into prominent positions while older ones would have a more diminished advisory role. At least to me. But I guess it’s hard to replace the veterans with such strong fans bases and histories around.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

One book and movie that may never be made? Is pushing a character? How many Hunt for Wolverine books are they again? I don't see some big push happening X-men need a new leader and they didn't(or couldn't) use Storm,Wolverine,Jean Grey,Magneto,Xavier or Cyclops again. Obviously as the leader of the X-men the character is more visible.

Also the movie doesn't really have anything to with a push of character it is more along that these companies see the billions that comic book properties are rake in and since they own them they are exploring every possible choice which is why we are getting a Mobius movie that nobody is asking for right now. Now the concept of the movie I can see why they are doing it, It is a girl trap in house with a Demon at Christmas time the fact that it has built in fan base can only help it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well sure it works for a mini series but for a solo title no she needs more than Logan to play off on.
    I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yes, apparently. X-23 is also getting a movie, apparently. Multiple Man is also getting a movie, apparently. Silver Sable and Black Cat are also getting a movie, apparently. Silk is also getting a movie, apparently. Morbius is also getting a movie, apparently.
    New Mutants too right, or was that cancelled?
    (I think that the chances of seeing this happening are slim to none to be frank).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-28-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    (I think that the chances of seeing this happening are slim to none to be frank).
    I only included movies which I think have very very slim chance of getting made.

I'm 95% sure we'll see New Mutants. I'm 75% sure we'll see X-Force. And I'm 100% sure we'll see Dark Phoenix. Everything else is up in the air

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I was joking.
    Oh right my bad.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

god,,,,,can we exterminate the phrase "shoving/forcing x down our throats". there's less contrived ways to say the equivalent of 'fetch'.

The New Mutants movie is finished BUT did(/are) doing some reshoots rumored to maybe 50% percent of the film. We will see that movie for sure

It's a soft push compared to the one Cyclops and Emma got last decade. She's currently in only one book.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It's a soft push compared to the one Cyclops and Emma got last decade. She's currently in only one book.
    Or Wolverine in the last 30 years or so (nobody beat him in that reagard, except for Spider-Man).

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    She became a leader of the X-Men and leaders always are front and center.
    Well that's the problem isn't? I'm personally fine with the character, not all thrilled about the current design she's rocking, but I don't believe she deserves her position as leader. Not after leaving to galavant across the Galaxy in the name of adventure and love. I've said this before; she didn't purposely leave the X-Men before everything that went down post Secret Wars, but in the end she wasn't there. She was gone. You can't hold it against her, but it certainly doesn't give her bonus points. Of all the people Storm would hand off leadership to, for the life of me I don't see why it was Kitty. Perhaps this plays into this forced Kitty-stuff the OP is talking about.

For goodness sake, how do you run a school and an action team at the same time and still have time to give orders to other teams and individuals? Would have made more sense for the two roles to be split, perhaps give the school to Chamber, Emma or Beast to run, nope. Super Shadowcat is here I guess? Still can't believe Claremont wrote she was as good a fighter as Wolverine during that wedding special. What the actual #&#&?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-28-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Or Wolverine in the last 30 years or so (nobody beat him in that reagard, except for Spider-Man).
    Actually, according to comicvine, Wolverine has had more appearances than Spider-Man.

Spider-Man has appeared in 12661 issues.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spider-man/4005-1443/

Wolverine has appeared in 13334 issues.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wolverine/4005-1440/

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Actually, according to comicvine, Wolverine has had more appearances than Spider-Man.

Spider-Man has appeared in 12661 issues.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spider-man/4005-1443/

Wolverine has appeared in 13334 issues.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wolverine/4005-1440/
    Wow.... well i take it back, nobody has been more pushed in comic books than Wolverine.

Edit: This is why Logan hasn't contacted many people after his return, he doesn't want to be in eleven books every month .
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-28-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I think Guggenheim's motivation to push Kitty to the forefront is on point, but his execution wasn't. Kitty Pryde is the original mutant sidekick and seeing her grow up into a leader should've been a lot more rewarding than it has been.
    This 100%.

And I don't see how she's being shoved down our throats any differently than any other character Marvel has focused on in the past. It's how stories go. Characters move into the spotlight, and then out, and back in and so forth. Also, on this very board where everyone loves to complain about "character development", Kitty moving into a leadership role has now added a new layer to her character. Was it done well? No. But, now that's a part of the character's history moving forward. All of the complainers on here want characters to move forward, well, this is moving forward. Nostalgia would be having Xavier at the helm with Scott leading the team and Kitty as a teen seeing this superhero world for the first time. You guys can't have your cake and eat it too, in wanting things to move forward and character development, but then complaining when a character gets moved forward and developed a bit. Kitty won't be at the lead forever...in fact, she'll probably only be the lead for 7 more issues. So, get over it and get ready for the next change.