Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Not for nothing but can't the leader be someone other than Jean (who already has her hands full in Red) or Storm (who has been at the helm enought times already)?
    Why not give someone else a turn like maybe Kurt or Alex? Hell give it to Lorna or Rogue!
    Storm gave up the position in favor of Kitty do not think they will make her a leader again.

Alex is impossible at this moment just got back to normal and many would have reason to suspect him after what happened to Mothervine.

Lorna does not have as much credit with the X-mens to become their leader and many would question her proximity to Magneto or the mental problems she has had in the past.

Kurt and Rogue could be good choices though Rogue will be busy with her adventures involving her wedding and paperwork or table work was never her strong point though she would be good as a field leader and think the same goes for Kurt.

As much as think about it can only see Marvel continuing with Kitty or promoting Jean. Personally think Kitty could stay in the job role a little more, maybe the next writer will be able to work with her better than Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    That's your personal prerogative tho because kitty pryde is very much an a-lister and is considered a "classic" x-men character. She's always ranked relatively high in "100 greatest comic book characters" list from pop culture publications like ign, cbr, wizard, and etc. Kitty always been liked the same way peter parker is because theyre both everyman/woman character that became superheros
    I wouldn't really call her an A-lister when it comes to the X-books especially with how often an easily writers tend to simply remove her from the equation all together without it really affecting anything. Just off the top of my head, they've had her go off to college, sent her to London with Excalibur, the Breakworld Bullet, Guardians of the Galaxy. These kinds of removals are things that would be felt with A-listers like Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, etc. We're currently feeling it with Cyclops dead and felt it shortly after Wolverine died before they filled the void with OML. Kitty just doesn't have that kind of star power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn't really call her an A-lister when it comes to the X-books especially with how often an easily writers tend to simply remove her from the equation all together without it really affecting anything. Just off the top of my head, they've had her go off to college, sent her to London with Excalibur, the Breakworld Bullet, Guardians of the Galaxy. These kinds of removals are things that would be felt with A-listers like Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, etc. We're currently feeling it with Cyclops dead and felt it shortly after Wolverine died before they filled the void with OML. Kitty just doesn't have that kind of star power.
    Then she always comes back and doesn't try to learn about anything that happened when she was gone. EVERY TIME. She wants the Xmen to be the way they were when she first joined the team, but they've all grown and she hasn't. Like you said she's here and then she goes away there's no gray area it's one extreme or the other.

Sadly enough she could be one of the few Xmen that would work in the MU and "graduate" from the Xmen. She has the skills and intelligence and a history of NOT being with the xmen. Put her somewhere else.

storm was removed during the entire grant morrison new x-men era because she was married to t'challa but that doesn't change the fact that storm is an a-lister. Wolverine was dead for 3 years, scott been dead for 2 years, xavier been dead for years and even before his death he was in space for a long time during claremont era.

storm was removed during the entire grant morrison new x-men era because she was married to t'challa but that doesn't change the fact that storm is an a-lister. Wolverine was dead for 3 years, scott been dead for 2 years, xavier been dead for years and even before his death he was in space for a long time during claremont era.
    Storm was an X-men during morrison’s run. She got married years later. You missed his point about. It wasn’t about the characters leaving but rather their absences are felt with an obvious void and I’d agree with that. I don’t think that defines if someone is A list but Kitty’s many departures haven’t impacted the books the way other bigger characters have

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A.) Aren't the majority of X-Men characters (and comic book characters in general) non-Christian? (Nightcrawler is the only hero character I'm coming up with off the top of my head.)

B.) I always though Kitty was usually drawn as attractive. Not sure where you're coming from on that point.

C.) What does "SJW Marvel" even mean? I've never been able find anyone who could explain this beyond: "I don't like it."

Fair enough if you don't like it, but wouldn't the best course of action be to find something else you enjoy until the series reformats itself into something more to your liking?
    The majority of the x-men are christian but not all of them are practising. Rahne sinclair, teresa cassidy, jaime maddrox, idie are all characters where they're christianity has been an essential part of their characterisation

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A.) Aren't the majority of X-Men characters (and comic book characters in general) non-Christian? (Nightcrawler is the only hero character I'm coming up with off the top of my head.)

B.) I always though Kitty was usually drawn as attractive. Not sure where you're coming from on that point.

C.) What does "SJW Marvel" even mean? I've never been able find anyone who could explain this beyond: "I don't like it."

Fair enough if you don't like it, but wouldn't the best course of action be to find something else you enjoy until the series reformats itself into something more to your liking?
    I'm pretty sure Kurt's Catholic and is not the same as Christian, or so i am told.

I'm pretty sure Kurt's Catholic and is not the same as Christian, or so i am told.
    Catholics are Christian. That’s like saying basketball players aren’t athletes. Basketball players are athletes but not all athletes are basketball players
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-29-2018 at 07:16 PM.

The majority of the x-men are christian but not all of them are practising. Rahne sinclair, teresa cassidy, jaime maddrox, idie are all characters where they're christianity has been an essential part of their characterisation
    Forgot about Wolfsbane. Didn't know that about the others. There is a difference between practicing a religion and being a member culturally, though.

Not all religions that claim to be Christian are recognized as being part of the faith by traditional theology, but Catholics are indeed Christian.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Agreed, Politically it's Right Wingers and Right Wing (They won't call themselves snowflakes or SJW, but it's what they are.) use the term a lot. But everyone who doesn't like a particular thing, claims it's being shoved down their throats.
    You can only shove something when you have no choice in the matter.
    All of this!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm: "Kitten, now that I have gotten my head out of the Clouds, and I can see how stressful this position is for you, I believe it is time for me to reclaim the mantle of leadership."

Kitty: "'Ro, I've got it. It's just-"

Kitty: "But-"

Ororo: "Meet me in the Danger Room in five. We shall settle this, child."

I'd salivate at a panel like this.

Ah yes the evil boggeyman es-jey-uu made kitty pryde have short hair and she isn't wearing a bikini for a costume 😤 😤 😤 and her wedding is peak social justice because even tho she's jewish there was no jewish traditions taking place whatsoever and with the rabbi acting as a christian priest the liberals have done it again
    this made me lol

I like Kitty Pryde and I like that she now gets to lead her own team. But I agree with some of the other poster here that the execution of her role in Gold hasn't been that great. Although I loved how she phased an entire building in the first issue. That would probably be a great visual in a movie.

Also not a fan of the short hairstyle personally, I prefer the ponytail but as long as she has a prominent role in the X-books I don't care.

Spectacular Member

I dont know "why" they did it, but I always liked Kitty as leader at the end of the the Ultimate universe. Now the individual stories/writing of this un might not have been wonderfully executed, but I do like her being the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by vrvr1 View Post
    this made me lol

I like Kitty Pryde and I like that she now gets to lead her own team. But I agree with some of the other poster here that the execution of her role in Gold hasn't been that great. Although I loved how she phased an entire building in the first issue. That would probably be a great visual in a movie.

Also not a fan of the short hairstyle personally, I prefer the ponytail but as long as she has a prominent role in the X-books I don't care.
    I too prefer the ponytail than the short haircut but people get so ridiculous over a female character having short hair. I don't mind leader kitty but i do mind how storm been sidelined because of it and i do think that kitty have some growing up to do before leading the x-men. and her moving the school to central park should have her demoted from headmistress and any leadership position

I was going to say something similar. Kitty is not a A-lister because A-lister are people like Spiderman,Superman,Wonder Woman,Batman,Wolverine, and more recently Iron Man,Deadpool and Black Panther. The metric for a A-list is simple recognizable to people not really familiar with the genre and very popular in the genre, the characters that get their own movie, solo comic and have very strong fanbase. They are couple of unicorns who are very popular in team setting but aren't locks for solo success but generally A list is character you dump in a solo and you feel pretty good about characters ability to sell a book. Kitty is important character for the X-franchise but she is definitely not A-lister even if people were only talking about X-Franchise alone Storm,Wolverine, and Deadpool maybe Magneto/Cyclops/Jean Grey are really only A-list characters.

BANNED

There is nothing wrong in pushing Kitty. Joss Whedon pushed Kitty in his run, I did not see anyone complaining. The problem some of you are having with Kitty is how she is written in Gold not Kitty herself.