Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is Gremlins considered horror?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is Gremlins considered horror?
    Yes, in the same way as Goosebumps (books and television, not so much the movie) are (as in horror you can show children).

Count me in for a Gremlins remake, reboot, or sequel, prequel, Netflix series or any other which way they'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm always game for a Hellraiser sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    NO NO, that horse has been beaten to death, just end it.
    While I can see where the "Just End It..." folks are coming from, I do think that it is the property most likely to yield interesting results.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sequel to Tales from the Hood
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...e-hood-sequel/

It might be stretching the word horror quite a bit, but I would be morbidly curious to see a live action Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf movie.

A modern version of the Monster Squad could go either way.

I think in the age of private, commercial space ventures like Space X an update on the Species films could be interesting.

Mighty Member

Horror films that can use a remake: Basket Case, CHUD, Lifeforce, Spontanous Combustion, Blue Monkey, Warning Sign, Blood Beach.

Jaws and American Werewolf in London are off limits as they are already perfect horror films that should never be remade otherwise they'll be crap like Elm Street, Fright Night, Poltergeist, The Omen, Night of the Demons and It's Alive remakes.

Several years back the creators of the Monster Squad were talking about doing a remake of it, but I don't belive it ever went anywhere.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Horror films that can use a remake: Basket Case, CHUD, Lifeforce, Spontanous Combustion, Blue Monkey, Warning Sign, Blood Beach.

Jaws and American Werewolf in London are off limits as they are already perfect horror films that should never be remade otherwise they'll be crap like Elm Street, Fright Night, Poltergeist, The Omen, Night of the Demons and It's Alive remakes.

Agreed 100 percent. There was supposedly a remake of American Werewolf In London being planned that had Max Landis involved, but the allegations that surfaced against him may have killed it, since I haven't heard anything else about it.

Incredible Member

C.H.U.D. has been brought up a few times for the remake treatment. Kevin Smith and Rob Zombie had both expressed interest in remaking the flick. There was some news going around about a film script entitled Urban Decay which seemed to be a backdoor C.H.U.D. remake.

ABOMINABLE, the bigfoot on a killing spree flick that got a lot of love in the festival circuit, and got boffo ratings when debuted on the Sci-Fi Channel. A sequel was supposedly on the way co-written by G.I. JOE godfather, Larry Hama. Basically the plot would've entailed a group National Guardsmen up in the same area as the first flick on survival training. And having the very bad luck of encountering a whole mess of Squatch like the one that was on a tear in the first flick.

Incredible Member

Mars Attacks. Always was a fan of the comic Topps published based off their trading card set written by Kieth Giffen, and Charles Adlard on art. Was expecting the Tim Burton flick to treat the property in the same light. Unfortunately we got a schizoid flick that didn't know if wanted to be scary or goofy, and was just uncomfortable to watch. Early on in the flick's development, PUMPKINHEAD writers Gary Gerani and Mark Patrick Carducci had a more serious take on the Topps Martian Invasion before Burton got a hold of it.

- Give John Carpenter a serious budget & let him remake his remake of THE THING & at the same time film the next two sequels back/back for a new Thing Trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

Deep Rising 2

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The Devils Rejects. Candy Man. The Blair Witch Project.

still waiting on a trick r treat sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    The Devils Rejects. Candy Man. The Blair Witch Project.
    They're coming up with a Devil's Reject's sequel next year called Three From Hell.

I'd love to see sequels of Gremilins and Nightbreed.

Remakes: Freaks, Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, Mars Attacks.