Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    They're coming up with a Devil's Reject's sequel next year called Three From Hell.

I'd love to see sequels of Gremilins and Nightbreed.

Remakes: Freaks, Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, Mars Attacks.
    Man, that winds up being a tough one. While I too have thought "A sequel might be nice.", it also had a pretty perfect ending.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, that winds up being a tough one. While I too have thought "A sequel might be nice.", it also had a pretty perfect ending.
    Didn't it end on a cliffhanger?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't it end on a cliffhanger?
    In the ending that wound up in the film, yes.

That said, sometimes an unresolved ending is the perfect ending.

Mighty Member

They Live 2 - laptops and phones are used to brainwash people. President outed as Alien

Monster Squad 2/Remake; the original script by Shane Black had a grander vision featuring a prologue involving Zeppelins and angry mobs chasing Dracula. Liam Neeson as Drac. (original choice in the 80's version but pulled out before shooting)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    They Live 2 - laptops and phones are used to brainwash people. President outed as Alien
    if it doesn't have goofy looking cheap black sunglasses and a 20-minute fist fight then don't bother.

Mighty Member

2018 Halloween type Freddy reboot. A direct sequel to the 1984 film. The sequels are written off as "bad dreams". Nancy and her teen offspring are menaced by Freddy...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    2018 Halloween type Freddy reboot. A direct sequel to the 1984 film. The sequels are written off as "bad dreams". Nancy and her teen offspring are menaced by Freddy...
    would heather langenkamp even return to the role at this point? they already had something of a meta closure with wes craven's new nightmare.

Tales from the Hood 2 is on Netflix now. I never knew there was an interest in updating it.

When it comes to the slasher franchises, I'm rather agnostic at this point. The tropes in the genre are rather glaring for me at this point, it would take a lot for me to be genuinely interested in seeing another group of teens/college-aged folks stumbling their way into getting whacked to death like in the Internet era nobody's ever heard of that happening anywhere at this point. Do slasher films even exist in the world these people inhabit?

I'd be more interested in projects where the monster/entity/killer doesn't simply come back to antagonize/kill the "final survivor" at the end/epilogue.

I'd like all of the Universal Monsters to be given another shot, this time without the soulless "cinematic universe" vision mucking it all up. Just let the crossovers occur naturally after the monsters have had their solo films like the originals did, don;t get lost trying to set everything up. Have the right guys do Dracula, another great team do Frankenstein, with the only mandates being "make great films" and if you're still in love with the universe idea then maybe "make it so the films aren't so radically different we can't do a monster mash with these versions later."

Ghostbusters - A sequel to the original, no remakes, no reboots. I didn't even bother watching the last film, and probably never will, because I've no interest in reboots/remakes for this series (they could have still kept the same cast and I'd have watched it if it had been a sequel).

More Stephen King stories given the recent Hollywood film treatment It got/is still getting. In particular Silver Bullet, Salem's Lot, Langoliers, and whichever one had the guy saying "M O O N that spells," - freaking everything it spells.

Pumpkinhead is due for a big screen update.

A big screen Goosebumps movie that's actually based on one of the books instead of the stories have all come alive stuff. So an adaptation is what I want, versus the original story thing they've been doing.

Okay, this one is unlikely as hell, but a Hocus Pocus sequel. I'll even settle for a "spiritual sequel" with a different bunch of witches or even warlocks.

Incredible Member

Pumpkinhead is due for a return to the big screen. Original co-creator Gary Gerani ,has a truck ton of ideas for follow ups to the original. Heck, he even had idears for a Tales of Pumpkinhead series exploring not only the Demon of Vengeance. But an entire Dark Pantheon of demons. Touched upon in the recent Dynamite Comics series, but I'd love to see the other Six Deadly Sins get some love in that universe.

While not Stephen King's biggest fan, one flick based on his novella, Graveyard Shift. In the original story, the characters stumble on a whole bizarre eco-system of weird rat, bat monsters. Not just one bugger they fall victim one by one to. I wouldn't mind seeing someone take a another shot at the doing something closer to the story.