Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In "Batman Eternal" #4 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, John Layman and Dustin Nguyen, Batman confronts Falcone and struggles with potential trouble from an unlikely quarter: Batgirl.

Full review here.
    Good review but the Batman/Batgirl interaction is what made the issue for me (despite the ignored disconnect from Jim's alienation from her in Batgirl). Is this a bi-weekly book release they got going on? Digging it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSontaran View Post
    The story kind of slows down here, but still fairly interesting. I'm getting tired of two page spreads with 600 words though. Do we really need to cram all the dialogue that tight?

Good setup for the Falcone story, setting up character moments very well.
    Tend to agree with this assessment - except disagree about the words. We need the exposition since the New52 history aint what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    Another solid issue. Personally, I prefer Fabok's art from the first 3 issues to the Nguyen/Fridolfs combo here, but I wasn't offended by it. The tension's really ratcheting up: especially looking forward to seeing Jim take on all-comers in Blackgate. Those thugs think they got the best of Gordon?..... they can think again!
    Agree here too. Slow but solid. #1>#3>#4>#2 storywise but the art of the other 3 easily was more exciting than #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson724 View Post
    Another good issue, but can someone tell me why those cups are floating in the panel when Steph calls her mom? It must mean something but I'm not sure what.
    Thaaanks for that! Not. Y'know how you get a song stuck in your head for too long. Now, I got that stupid panel image stuck in mine! WHAT IS up with those cups??

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Good review but the Batman/Batgirl interaction is what made the issue for me (despite the ignored disconnect from Jim's alienation from her in Batgirl). Is this a bi-weekly book release they got going on? Digging it so far.
    Someone didn't get the memo: it's suppose to be a WEEKLY title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson724 View Post
    Another good issue, but can someone tell me why those cups are floating in the panel when Steph calls her mom? It must mean something but I'm not sure what.
    I think it's just suppose to be a lamp.

batmaneternal4-1gjk8i.jpg

Yeah you can just make out the base of the lamp, it's just badly placed in the corner so the stand itself gets lost. It took me a little while to work out what it was as well, I thought somebody was in the house ready to get the mother while Steph was on the phone with her!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    (despite the ignored disconnect from Jim's alienation from her in Batgirl)
    The ending of "Batgirl: Wanted" implies Jim's ordeal has made him want to repair the relationship with his daughter. He doesn't know she's Batgirl. And, for her part, Batgirl won't let her father be the victim of a crime even if he is a tool sometimes. This issue was completely in character for her, and it was nice to see her stand up to Bruce as she did in their last encounter: yes, she's wearing the Bat, but she's still not under his control.