Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Question If You Wrote Comics: Iron Fist

Well at the request of the illustrious mr. kenway I decided to pull the trigger. So welcome to another If You Wrote Comics thread. This time we are going to talk about the Immortal Iron Fist. As always just imagine if Marvel Comics gave you full control over Iron Fist, his supporting cast and villains (if he has any that are exclusive to him outside of the people of Kunlun). So as always relax, live, have fun, and maybe find a new direction for Iron Fist.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I think I would write iron fist but maybe not Danny rand. And I would work on his rogues. He’s got some cool ones, they just need a bit of work

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I think I would write iron fist but maybe not Danny rand. And I would work on his rogues. He’s got some cool ones, they just need a bit of work
    Isn't Danny Rand Iron Fist? And also who are his enemies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Isn't Danny Rand Iron Fist?
    he's an Iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    he's an Iron fist.
    Right it's one of the names that are mantles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Isn't Danny Rand Iron Fist? And also who are his enemies?
    In the Immortal Iron Fist it was revealed that the Iron Fist was a mantle given to the champion of K'un L'un. Danny is technically the 66th champion and Kaare Andrews's Iron Fist run introduced Pei who is Danny's successor.

I actually thought it be cool to make Pei a student of Xaviers/Jean Grey school. It would be interesting to see how the school works from the perspective of a non-mutant student. Plus Iron fist had some cool crossovers with the X-men back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In the Immortal Iron Fist it was revealed that the Iron Fist was a mantle given to the champion of K'un L'un. Danny is technically the 66th champion and Kaare Andrews's Iron Fist run introduced Pei who is Danny's successor.

I actually thought it be cool to make Pei a student of Xaviers/Jean Grey school. It would be interesting to see how the school works from the perspective of a non-mutant student. Plus Iron fist had some cool crossovers with the X-men back in the day.
    That makes a lot more sense than what Marvel did with Thor. Pei is an interesting case I would not mind seeing the metahuman kids interacting with the mutant ones. Plus it would be cool to see to either Pei or the mutant kids beat each other in a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I agree with this as well.

One of the many things that was so great about The Immortal Iron Fist run was that it exponentially expanded the mythology of the Iron Fist. As Mr. Kenway explained, Danny is the 66th champion and there parts of the Immortal Iron Fist series that had issues dedicated to telling stories of some of the the other champions so I would definitely have more of that for sure. There seems to be a natural tie in right now as the current Avengers series makes reference to what would appear to be the 1st Iron Fist (which in itself is a retcon as I believe in the Immortal Iron Fist it was stated the first female Iron Fist was in the 16th century).

The next thing I would do is expand more into and have Danny interact more with the other Immortal Weapons. Again there was a bit of this in The Immortal Iron Fist as well; however, there is so much there to be explored. I really enjoyed Brisson's run as a whole, especially when he brought in Fat Cobra. I think there could be a lot of great dynamics to further explore. Maybe even have a mini-series dedicated to the Immortal Weapons working as a team to protect the other Capital Cities of Heaven. I'm not sure if we have really been exposed to those cities yet. Also, I would love to see more of Sparrow as well. While I didn't enjoy The Living Weapon overall, I thought she was a fantastic edition to Danny's world.

Lastly, I think there is such a rich and natural dynamic with Luke Cage and Misty Knight that should continue to evolve, maybe Danny brings them to K'un L'un as part of a story.

Only idea I have is an evil rival called Dark Fist who was an Iron Fist but turned evil and was imprisoned (Has that been done?).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Only idea I have is an evil rival called Dark Fist who was an Iron Fist but turned evil and was imprisoned (Has that been done?).
    Sounds a lot like Immortal Iron Fist
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Danny should definitely be teamed up with Luke and the premise should be Heroes for Hire with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing... they should take on guys like Gladiator, Mr Hyde, Bullseye, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Mystique, Sabretooth, The Hood, Bushmaster, Madame Masque, The Hand etc with the private eye aspect being just an important as the big fight/action scenes. That would be my take.

Also I would like a noir book starring Orson Randall back in the WW1 and maybe WW2. Lots of fighting with nazis and team-ups with Prince of Orphans, Nick Fury, John Steele and the like. Orson's drinking binges and opium habits alone would make this an interesting book for sure...

I really feel that Iron Fist is as good as is.

Really just needs a writer that can do him justice and for Marvel as a whole to back him.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

More Pei!

Alternatively, a series that focuses on previous Iron Fists.

Alternative to the alternative: Pei goes time traveling and meets previous Iron Fists.

I felt like his show should have been more of an urban fantasy like Buffy/Angel rather than trying to be as grounded/gritty as the other Defenders. So in the comics I'd have him be our POV character into the mystical side of Marvel. He teams up with the Midnight Sons in his last solo run so I'd probably continue that if the Midnight Sons ever get a book.

I was thinking about doing a story where he falls for another superhero. Him and Misty were perfect but Marvel screwed that up by revealing Misty's pregnancy was fake. Misty moved on with other guys so it's time Danny did to. For maximum conflict I thought about him and Nightshade being a villian because they fought each other before and she turned over a new leaf in Nighthawk/Occupy Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I felt like his show should have been more of an urban fantasy like Buffy/Angel rather than trying to be as grounded/gritty as the other Defenders. So in the comics I'd have him be our POV character into the mystical side of Marvel. He teams up with the Midnight Sons in his last solo run so I'd probably continue that if the Midnight Sons ever get a book.

I was thinking about doing a story where he falls for another superhero. Him and Misty were perfect but Marvel screwed that up by revealing Misty's pregnancy was fake. Misty moved on with other guys so it's time Danny did to. For maximum conflict I thought about him and Nightshade being a villian because they fought each other before and she turned over a new leaf in Nighthawk/Occupy Avengers.
    An entire arc of seeing him going on blind dates and dealing with attractions to other heroes lol. Heroes I could see him with: Jean Grey, Pepper Potts, Wasp, Scarlet Witch