Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I felt like his show should have been more of an urban fantasy like Buffy/Angel rather than trying to be as grounded/gritty as the other Defenders. So in the comics I'd have him be our POV character into the mystical side of Marvel. He teams up with the Midnight Sons in his last solo run so I'd probably continue that if the Midnight Sons ever get a book.

I was thinking about doing a story where he falls for another superhero. Him and Misty were perfect but Marvel screwed that up by revealing Misty's pregnancy was fake. Misty moved on with other guys so it's time Danny did to. For maximum conflict I thought about him and Nightshade being a villian because they fought each other before and she turned over a new leaf in Nighthawk/Occupy Avengers.
    Honestly? Not sure I can see Nightshade being into Danny. Not the Tilda written by David Walker, anyway, and she's the only version that really matters any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Honestly? Not sure I can see Nightshade being into Danny. Not the Tilda written by David Walker, anyway, and she's the only version that really matters any more.
    This could not be further from the truth.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Invincible Member

I didn't read too many of the Duane Swierczynski issues but i sorta remember a line about Danny forming a foundation to help the less fortunate. I would make that a bigger part the comic. Keep the connection to the expanded mythos from Immortal Iron Fist. Bring back some of the 70's adversaries ( Radion, robots, etc) and balance that with more pulp style adventures. For a love interest I'd either bring back Misty or invent a new person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Danny should definitely be teamed up with Luke and the premise should be Heroes for Hire with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing... they should take on guys like Gladiator, Mr Hyde, Bullseye, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Mystique, Sabretooth, The Hood, Bushmaster, Madame Masque, The Hand etc with the private eye aspect being just an important as the big fight/action scenes. That would be my take.

Also I would like a noir book starring Orson Randall back in the WW1 and maybe WW2. Lots of fighting with nazis and team-ups with Prince of Orphans, Nick Fury, John Steele and the like. Orson's drinking binges and opium habits alone would make this an interesting book for sure...
    I think you could loop Jessica into that as well, kind of a combined Heroes for Hire/Alias Investigations.

The Orson Randall idea is really good!

Ultimate Member

Before learning about the other cities and their champions, which sort of derailed this notion, I had the idea that K'un-Lun historically had multiple 'Dragon Soldiers' at any one time, and that the 'Iron Fist' was the 'Claw of the Dragon,' that struck like a dragon's claw, with great strength and power.

The other 'Dragon Soldiers' would include;
    the Jade Tortoise, who focused his chi to summon up a green shield that represented the 'Scales of the Dragon,' and protected him from just about anything (but, like the Iron Fist, wasn't something he used willy-nilly, generally resorting to standard martial arts and saving the uber-shield for special moments)
    the Molten Heart, who focused her chi to utter the 'six fiery invectives,' which represented the 'Breath of the Dragon,' and consisted of six different fiery attacks, as small and precise as to light a match, or as terrible as something out of Game of Thrones
    the Blue Butterfly, whose 'Cloud Leaping Stance' was the 'Wings of the Dragon,' a pair of blue energy planes of force that she could use to propel herself into the air, or create a great wind to scatter people before her.

The four Dragon Soldiers would come together when some exterior force seems to be sapping their powers, so that they can no longer focus their chi and call upon the gifts of Shou Lao. A *fifth* Dragon Soldier, a sorcerer who has the gift of the 'Dragon's Sight,' has stolen their gifts (and their memories of his existence!), and is attempting to steal Shou-Lao's immortality for himself. Without their powers, just using martial arts, they must defeat him, and his army of magically animated terra cotta soldiers, and restore the power he has stolen from both the dragon and themselves.

But Prince of Orphans, Beautiful Tiger's Daughter, Fat Cobra and Bride of Nine Spiders were just so much cooler, and the past Iron Fists, particularly the woman who channeled the power through her arrows, yikes. Mad genius, which I must respect.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Before learning about the other cities and their champions, which sort of derailed this notion, I had the idea that K'un-Lun historically had multiple 'Dragon Soldiers' at any one time, and that the 'Iron Fist' was the 'Claw of the Dragon,' that struck like a dragon's claw, with great strength and power.

The other 'Dragon Soldiers' would include;
    the Jade Tortoise, who focused his chi to summon up a green shield that represented the 'Scales of the Dragon,' and protected him from just about anything (but, like the Iron Fist, wasn't something he used willy-nilly, generally resorting to standard martial arts and saving the uber-shield for special moments)
    the Molten Heart, who focused her chi to utter the 'six fiery invectives,' which represented the 'Breath of the Dragon,' and consisted of six different fiery attacks, as small and precise as to light a match, or as terrible as something out of Game of Thrones
    the Blue Butterfly, whose 'Cloud Leaping Stance' was the 'Wings of the Dragon,' a pair of blue energy planes of force that she could use to propel herself into the air, or create a great wind to scatter people before her.

The four Dragon Soldiers would come together when some exterior force seems to be sapping their powers, so that they can no longer focus their chi and call upon the gifts of Shou Lao. A *fifth* Dragon Soldier, a sorcerer who has the gift of the 'Dragon's Sight,' has stolen their gifts (and their memories of his existence!), and is attempting to steal Shou-Lao's immortality for himself. Without their powers, just using martial arts, they must defeat him, and his army of magically animated terra cotta soldiers, and restore the power he has stolen from both the dragon and themselves.

But Prince of Orphans, Beautiful Tiger's Daughter, Fat Cobra and Bride of Nine Spiders were just so much cooler, and the past Iron Fists, particularly the woman who channeled the power through her arrows, yikes. Mad genius, which I must respect.
    This does sound pretty awesome.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I agree with this as well.

One of the many things that was so great about The Immortal Iron Fist run was that it exponentially expanded the mythology of the Iron Fist. As Mr. Kenway explained, Danny is the 66th champion and there parts of the Immortal Iron Fist series that had issues dedicated to telling stories of some of the the other champions so I would definitely have more of that for sure. There seems to be a natural tie in right now as the current Avengers series makes reference to what would appear to be the 1st Iron Fist (which in itself is a retcon as I believe in the Immortal Iron Fist it was stated the first female Iron Fist was in the 16th century).

The next thing I would do is expand more into and have Danny interact more with the other Immortal Weapons. Again there was a bit of this in The Immortal Iron Fist as well; however, there is so much there to be explored. I really enjoyed Brisson's run as a whole, especially when he brought in Fat Cobra. I think there could be a lot of great dynamics to further explore. Maybe even have a mini-series dedicated to the Immortal Weapons working as a team to protect the other Capital Cities of Heaven. I'm not sure if we have really been exposed to those cities yet. Also, I would love to see more of Sparrow as well. While I didn't enjoy The Living Weapon overall, I thought she was a fantastic edition to Danny's world.

Lastly, I think there is such a rich and natural dynamic with Luke Cage and Misty Knight that should continue to evolve, maybe Danny brings them to K'un L'un as part of a story.
    Totally agree with your idea about Cage & Knight travelling with Daniel to K'un L'un.

Brings back memories of the Doc/Owsley run from the mid-80's, where Cage & Wing traveled to K'un L'un to save Daniel's life.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-29-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Some things I'd like to do --

1) a story about dragons: I want Danny to better understand who and what exactly dragons are in the MU, and this would involve a lot of fun characters and groups coming into Danny's life; for example, MI:13, SWORD, and Agents of Atlas are all organizations that I'd like to see in Danny's stories - especially the AoA, who I feel would make fantastic "friendly antagonists" for Danny. I'd also want to use the Fin Fang Four, if editors would let me!

2) I enjoy Danny as a member of the H4H, but I would prefer to establish a "Confederates of the Curious" for Danny: he's already got Pei, and there's the young Power Man to consider. I'd add the young Dragon Lord to the mix, for sure. As far as a love interest goes - while I like Misty, Sparrow, and Brenda, and would likely use all these characters at some point - I'd make Tigra the main romantic interest of my run. I think she fits the pulpy feel of Danny's best stories, and she has her own weird mystic dimension to bring to the mix.

3) Journey through the Immortal Cities: we've only had glimpses of each city, just as we've only had glimpses of the lives led by the other Immortal Weapons. I'd want Danny on some sort of adventure that would take him though at least a few of the cities, establishing more about each place and the respective Weapon. (One specific: I think I'd like to establish a Dog Brother who is Pei's age.)

4) Colleen Wing as the newest Immortal Weapon under Crane Mother: I want to turn Danny's relationship with Colleen upside down, and I just can't ignore her name

5) definitely more stories about past Fists: I liked the idea in Fraction's DEFENDERS that stories at Marvel cycle over and over again; yet I simultaneously enjoy that writers are pushing the mythos and ideas of Iron Fist forward (most especially Sparrow being in charge of the changing K'un Lun). I'd try to balance that, and show how past stories relate to Danny's current adventures.

6) an adventure with the Scarlet Spiders: I just like them, okay? I'd have Bride of Nine Spiders as the link between them and the reason they need to come together.

7) an adventure with Shang Chi: just because we need to further hint that his cat really IS "THE CAT"

8) All your favorites: Sparrow! Steel Serpent! Prince of Orphans! Danny's sister! THE ONE! The Rabbit! Divine Wolf! The kid who is secretly the offspring of that monster thing that killed a lot of Iron Fists! Those living tree things! That mean girl from Pei's school!

9) creative uses of chi, awesome kung fu poses / action, and a voice for Danny that blends together the past voices for Danny (much like Brisson did)

10) eventually, a H4H story: I love the Hood, so I'd make him the main antagonist, but I'd also try to use characters from the most recent H4H series, especially Senor Magico!

-Pav, who also is a fan of the link that Iron Fists seemingly have to the Phoenix Force...
    Last edited by Pav; 06-29-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This could not be further from the truth.
    ^did not like Walker's version. the way that she was drawn wasn't great, either.

If I had complete control, I'd use Ostraner's Heroes for Hire model. that's when Danny was most relevant to me. he was a neophyte field leader/capitalist and seasoned martial artist. I'd have them be associated with the Olympus Group instead of Oracle Inc, this time (I have no idea who currently owns Oracle). their scope would be international (imagine Strikeback with fewer guns). he'd still be partnered with Luke. but they'd have a small grouping of superhero freelancers on speed dial (She-Hulk, Hercules, Black Knight, Ant-Man, Tigra, etc.). otherwise, I just see Danny as the most Americanized of marvel's martial arts masters. he and Luke would often clash about how to (whether to) intervene in the problems of other countries.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Totally agree with your idea about Cage & Knight travelling with Daniel to K'un L'un.

Brings back memories of the Doc/Owsley run from the mid-80's, where Cage & Wing traveled to K'un L'un to save Daniel's life.
    I read that story as a kid and it taught me never to underestimate anyone. That cliffhanger page was like whoa!

Hey all. I just wanted to say that everyone has great suggestions here. Reading them over made me consider new story elements as well as reconsider my own.

In any case, here are some of my ideas. Granted, those who've been on the Iron Fist thread will probably know some of my opinions already:

- Any type of Iron Fist story should have a main cast that not only includes Danny, but Luke, Misty, and Colleen. That cast really grounds and supports him. This should serve as the primary group of characters in an Iron Fist series.

- I liked what the Netflix shows did with connecting the Hand to the Iron Fist mythos. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I feel that the Hand, K'un Lun, and Shang-Chi's father crossed paths with one another in the past. Definitely, I would want to write a series were all of these disparate aspects of the Asian corner of the Marvel Universe came together in a story, the Hand and Iron Fist in particular. C'mon, the relationship is so poetic isn't it? The Iron Fist smashes the Hand, the Hand covers the Iron Fist. I could definitely see the Hand attacking Danny on two fronts, the business and the mystical. The Hand could try to take over Danny's company while also trying to conquer K'un Lun.

- I'd like to see more of Danny's mentoring of Pei. We caught glimpses of that in the Comixology series, but we certainly can see more of it. Furthermore, Danny can open up Pei's horizons by having her practice martial arts with the other top fighters of the Marvel Universe. I see her learning from Shang-Chi, Colleen Wing, Daredevil, Captain America, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Elektra, Black Widow, and on and on. After cultivating her martial skills, training with the X-Men (shout out to other posters for this) or the Champions would help her refine her superhuman skills. To me, all of that represents a clear contrast with Danny's upbringing. Rather than having an Iron Fist locked away in isolation in K'un Lun, Pei would be the first Iron Fist to get a diverse and varied education in the Marvel Universe.

- We have to explore more of that Iron Fist legacy. We've gotten peeks here and there throughout the years of past Iron Fists, but the potential has yet to be tapped. I see stories of an Iron Fist battling against Apocalypse and Clan Akkaba on the steppes of Mongolia, fighting against bad guys in Africa with a Black Panther or Moon Knight, or teaming up with Two-Gun Kid, Rawhide Kid, and Red Wolf in the Old West. Hell, we could take this all the way into space. We still don't know about Fongji, the Iron Fist who possessed the power of the Phoenix. What did she get up to? Fighting against the Shi'ar? Battling against Galactus?

- I like that idea of seeing more of the other Immortal cities and the Immortal Champions. Seeing Fat Cobra again in the last issues of Brisson's run was a breath of fresh air. I want to see how Divine Wolf and Liu-Shi are doing and potentially see Divine Wolf leave Liu-Shi. Does he have his rematch with Danny? Does he return to K'un Lun? I think he should become the new Thunderer. He certainly has the skill and looks the part. Finally, totally, TOTALLY want to see more of Sparrow. How is her rule of K'un Lun? Does she continue the traditions or break them? What direction is she leading K'un Lun? Is she a better Yu-Ti or has power corrupted her?

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - We have to explore more of that Iron Fist legacy. We've gotten peeks here and there throughout the years of past Iron Fists, but the potential has yet to be tapped. I see stories of an Iron Fist battling against Apocalypse and Clan Akkaba on the steppes of Mongolia, fighting against bad guys in Africa with a Black Panther or Moon Knight, or teaming up with Two-Gun Kid, Rawhide Kid, and Red Wolf in the Old West. Hell, we could take this all the way into space. We still don't know about Fongji, the Iron Fist who possessed the power of the Phoenix. What did she get up to? Fighting against the Shi'ar? Battling against Galactus?
    I love the idea that the Marvel Universe has this rich, rich history that has barely been touched. I'd kill for an Invaders story set in WW2 that involved stuff like a Black Panther meddling behind the scenes of the German incursions into north Africa, some Inhumans being at first kind of intrigued by the eugenics angle but then appalled by where the Nazis go with that philosophy ('They're inhuman!' 'No, we are inhuman, these Nazis are just monsters...'), Nazis using Moloids as slave labor and their tunnels to move troops around in Europe undetected, Thule Occultists attempting to tap the power of Chthon under Mt. Wundagore, only to be foiled by an ancestor of Doom (perhaps even his witchly mom, as a young girl?), Aryan wannabe sorcerers calling upon Loki for power, and getting that power, and then betrayed to their deaths when the power turns on them (because Loki doesn't do favors for mortals, and he'll snark when called on it, 'Yes, they killed hundreds of people, and then they died. That's what you mortals do. Die. You're actually known for it...'), and yes, an Iron Fist operating in the Pacific theatre, part of a group pulled together by the Ancient One to stop Irezumi 'Inkanters' of the Hand who bind demons into tattoos they ink onto their assassins and warriors and give them supernatural power that requires someone like an Iron Fist to match) from turning the tide of the war in Nanking, etc., etc.

I'd love for four different stories, set in different years of the war, with one involving the Japanese attack on Nanking (with the Ancient One and Iron Fist, among others, involved), another in northern Africa (with a previous Black Panther, perhaps even T'Challa's grandmother?), one in Europe, around the area of Mt. Wundagore, with a ragtag team of people from countries and cultures not generally addressed by the Invaders book (an Italian, some French heroes, some Romani, etc.). Maybe even some early New Men, if the Evolutionary was active that early (I don't honestly know about that...).

I wouldn't mind doing an arc set in Danny's time on K'un L'un before he fought Shou-lao.

Reboot-wise I wouldn't mind exploring how an older Danny (16) adapts to K'un L'un. I'd pitch it as "Hamlet with Kung-fu".

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love the idea that the Marvel Universe has this rich, rich history that has barely been touched. I'd kill for an Invaders story set in WW2 that involved stuff like a Black Panther meddling behind the scenes of the German incursions into north Africa, some Inhumans being at first kind of intrigued by the eugenics angle but then appalled by where the Nazis go with that philosophy ('They're inhuman!' 'No, we are inhuman, these Nazis are just monsters...'), Nazis using Moloids as slave labor and their tunnels to move troops around in Europe undetected, Thule Occultists attempting to tap the power of Chthon under Mt. Wundagore, only to be foiled by an ancestor of Doom (perhaps even his witchly mom, as a young girl?), Aryan wannabe sorcerers calling upon Loki for power, and getting that power, and then betrayed to their deaths when the power turns on them (because Loki doesn't do favors for mortals, and he'll snark when called on it, 'Yes, they killed hundreds of people, and then they died. That's what you mortals do. Die. You're actually known for it...'), and yes, an Iron Fist operating in the Pacific theatre, part of a group pulled together by the Ancient One to stop Irezumi 'Inkanters' of the Hand who bind demons into tattoos they ink onto their assassins and warriors and give them supernatural power that requires someone like an Iron Fist to match) from turning the tide of the war in Nanking, etc., etc.

I'd love for four different stories, set in different years of the war, with one involving the Japanese attack on Nanking (with the Ancient One and Iron Fist, among others, involved), another in northern Africa (with a previous Black Panther, perhaps even T'Challa's grandmother?), one in Europe, around the area of Mt. Wundagore, with a ragtag team of people from countries and cultures not generally addressed by the Invaders book (an Italian, some French heroes, some Romani, etc.). Maybe even some early New Men, if the Evolutionary was active that early (I don't honestly know about that...).
    Pretty cool ideas there. You're right, there are a lot of elements that could work in stories set in Marvel's past since a lot of these characters existed for hundreds, thousands, even millions of years. Having stories set during WWII are cool. Still, would an Iron Fist be seen here? During WWII, the Iron Fist was Orson Randall, and after being scarred by WWI, he never participated in WWII. That being said, Prince of Orphans definitely operated during WWII. In an old Secret Avengers storyline, it was mentioned how John Aman was an operative in China. He had to have been there during the Japanese Rape of Nanjing.

As for Black Panther during WWII, there was that miniseries that featured a team-up between Cap and T'Challa's grandfather. Good stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing an arc set in Danny's time on K'un L'un before he fought Shou-lao.

Reboot-wise I wouldn't mind exploring how an older Danny (16) adapts to K'un L'un. I'd pitch it as "Hamlet with Kung-fu".
    That's a good idea. We can see K'un Lun before Danny became Iron Fist. Heck, maybe we see it before Danny even arrived. With shows like Krypton and Gotham, there seems to be a huge emphasis these days at looking at the backgrounds of these settings. There are a lot of untapped stories there. How did Lei Kung become the Thunderer? Why is there such an emphasis on martial arts? Who was the first Yu-Ti? Personally, I'd really establish K'un Lun's ties with Chinese mythology. K'un Lun is straight out of Chinese mythology. The Queen Mother of the West, one of the most important and powerful deities in Chinese mythology, was said to reside there and hold the secret of immortality. Again, lots to explore.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."