View Poll Results: Was Killing off Logan a Bad Idea?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 45.74%
  • Maybe

6 6.38%
  • No

45 47.87%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Question Was Killing off Logan a Bad Idea?

Thoughts on this? Especially when everyone knew Logan's replacements would not last.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

No. He needed to go. It led to great development for Laura and OML wasnt too bad at first. I hated Logan when he left but Im at the point where I want him back and thats only bc he's been gone so long

Including more "replacements" than just Laura and OML was the mistake.

It depends in relation to sales to marvel think it was worth killing Logan.

As a Wolverine fan, no, people were getting sick of him and he was selling less than usual, so a rest for him wasn't bad and OML was able to rekindle the love of many fans with the character (he basically was Wolverine from the 80s with gray hair), the problem was when you had a bunch of Wolverine made on Taiwan besides Laura and OML.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Nope. Bringing OML and Blond Wolverine into the 616 was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It depends in relation to sales to marvel think it was worth killing Logan.
    I believe Laura's book sold well due to her being his one true heir not that I really saw anything that helped prove that throughout the run.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It was a bad idea, When marvel killed him, they tried to replace him with many other wolverines. i like some of the other wolverines but i don't need one or two in every book. I prefer the original (and laura) in many books than having many other different wolverines.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

No, he completely was oversaturated in the books. To have Logan appear in 10-15 books each month (I'm joking but I'm sure at one month it was true) was reader burnout. It was sometimes hard to follow him and his stories in the x-books., but add extra Avengers and other stories and you had no clue what was happening when and if the editors even spoke with each other. Marvel sunk all their eggs in his basket and everyone needed a break. It should have been a great opportunity for Laura and Daken to grow on their own, but then OML came in. And while interesting and fun at first, he was just an older stand-in and not needed and then he was in 5 books. And then Jimmy came along, and Gabby and then every team needed a stabby hero. Again, oversaturation but now with his heirs/stand-ins. I think Marvel can't quit Wolverine, or his concept so much like the Weapon program they have tried so many times to recreate him and his success but failed miserably most of the time.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

No. He needed a break. They were totally overexposing him... then you know, they just filled the gapped with like 4 versions of him and Creed. So it was pointless. Good idea, bad execution. Typical Marvel behavior.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Good idea, bad execution
    Pretty much this.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

While I did like the development it brought to Laura as a character, I think every time a big character gets killed off and everybody knows they'll be back sooner or later, death as a storytelling device loses more and more meaning. The inevitable return miniseries followed by a new ongoing series is so trite and predictable.

Plus in Logan's case, the proliferation of doppelgängers after his death was borderline ridiculous, a shameful attempt from Marvel to create their own Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. to Logan's Batman... let's just say it didn't really go well.

BANNED

NO. Best Idea YET.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    While I did like the development it brought to Laura as a character, I think every time a big character gets killed off and everybody knows they'll be back sooner or later, death as a storytelling device loses more and more meaning. The inevitable return miniseries followed by a new ongoing series is so trite and predictable.

Plus in Logan's case, the proliferation of doppelgängers after his death was borderline ridiculous, a shameful attempt from Marvel to create their own Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. to Logan's Batman... let's just say it didn't really go well.
    Or their own Reign of the Wolverines.

BANNED

We had our reign of Wolverines, didn't we?