View Poll Results: Was Killing off Logan a Bad Idea?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 45.74%
  • Maybe

6 6.38%
  • No

45 47.87%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Yes. Two wolverines was fine. Wolvie and Laura were great. Now we have jimmy, gabby, and OML. Not to mention daken also being in the mix of sorts and an inversion sabertooth.

Yes wolverine was everywhere, on so many teams and just popping up places, but it was far better than a wolverine off shoot appearing everywhere so that you then have to keep track of the annoying little ferals

Though to be fair, Laura did get some nice development with him being “gone”.
    This oversaturationof wolvies is what happened to spiderman and it stunk. While they would be copy cats and clones whatever. Not letting the character age or really grow does nothing for the story. They say wolverine doesn't age but none of the other characters really age. So they all have the same powers. It's dumb.

A character like wolverine would have been retiring than being killed which being Immortal of some sort was his thing.

Of all characters, if stopped being a hero for a few years to just be civilian, you would be happy. I wouldn't even want to create clone seeing as may turn on me. Death was dumb. Laura story was cool, than she had multiple clones,, yawn

I didn't like that they undercut Lauras ANW with OML and Ultimate Wolverine. Its like they didn't believe in her.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

Should have killed off X-23 instead. She had already been leeching all the cool out of Wolverine for YEARS by the time he was killed, all at his expense. Aside from her being a woman she offers nothing over the original.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Should have killed off X-23 instead. She had already been leeching all the cool out of Wolverine for YEARS by the time he was killed, all at his expense. Aside from her being a woman she offers nothing over the original.
    Except for her actually being interesting, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Except for her actually being interesting, of course.
    Fan war incoming

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Meh, Laura has barely any effect on Logan's popularity, so i don't see why they should have kill her (and for the record i care far more about Logan that i do about Laura), if you want to talk about the guy that sucked out the cool out Wolverine, blame Aaron, he was the one that turned him into an hypocrite or Daniel Way and Loeb for giving us Romulus and the total shitshow that was Wolverine Origins. Not mentioning that she doesn't take all the same beats that Logan (she doesn't have the Clint Eastwood cowboy appeal or the mysterious past that define him for the best parts of the 80s and 90s just for an example), personality wise she is different enough for her to not step in his toes.

That being said, i think that Taylor did more harm than good in the long run to Laura with his ANW series, legacy heroes don't last in this day and age, unless that you're Wally West (and even him isn't in good shape).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-29-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Nightwing.....

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Wait what?! Wolverine was dead?
    It was just a little hard to tell given the other versions of him and his clones running around in multiple books.

He could have stayed dead a lot longer and I would have been perfectly happy. The only thing I missed was his and Kurt's friendship.

BANNED

Its never a good idea to kill off comic characters unless your name is Ben Parker or Gwen Stacey.

Killing off comic characters is the same as marrying characters, you know they will get divorced at some point as much as you know the dead character will be resurrected.

His death is only acceptable for me, if his death and resurrection is used to bring him back more to his basics,to what made him a very interesting character to begin with.(Aaron, Way and Cornell really did a lot of damage to his character)
    Seeing Soule's interview this might be the case, but I have to wait and see how this will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    i think that Taylor did more harm than good in the long run to Laura with his ANW series, legacy heroes don't last in this day and age, unless that you're Wally West (and even him isn't in good shape).
    I second this.
    I like Laura, but I am more interested in Logan. Taylor took everything away from her, what made her interesting for me. Sometimes the way is more interesting than the achieved goal. (This comes from a Seven Of Nine fan, and Laura reminded me a lot of her).

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    His death is only acceptable for me, if his death and resurrection is used to bring him back more to his basics,to what made him a very interesting character to begin with.(Aaron, Way and Cornell really did a lot of damage to his character)
    Seeing Soule's interview this might be the case, but I have to wait and see how this will turn out.

I second this.
    I like Laura, but I am more interested in Logan. Taylor took everything away from her, what made her interesting for me. Sometimes the way is more interesting than the achieved goal. (This comes from a Seven Of Nine fan, and Laura reminded me a lot of her).

I agree and if the overall plan was to simply continue the saturation regardless of killing him off it was a bad idea. A story where Logan simply gets taken off the table temporary retirement or holiday will do just fine. And I'm you on Laura having everything taken away like that meant that there was nothing interesting about her anymore.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Nope. Bringing OML and Blond Wolverine into the 616 was a mistake.
    Mr. Milton you better preach!!! Laura should be the only Wolverine replacement we had after James died. OML, Jimmy PooPoo, Dicken, and whoever else was a waste. Marvel didn't even give the only lovable Wolverine A.K.A. Golden Claw Wolverine any shine. The only good Wolverine substitutes are Laura and Gabby
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Incredible Member

Awe I miss General Howlett