Default Marvel Size Chart: From Ant-Man to Giant-Man

Super fun video with great usuals on characters' heights.

I fully expected to see Nadia and Scott only from the Pym-Family before clicking this and was pleasantly surprised to see Janet and Hank as well. Even Bill is in this! Credit where it's due, nice job Marvel.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I feel like Peter Parker is drawn shorter than his height implies at times. Like, I did not know that he was taller than Vision.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That happens often with "normal sized" characters.
    It doesn't help that Spidey crouches a lot.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I've always had the impression that Vision was fairly tall, like at least six-two.

Nice video! A bit sad to see no mutants in there... would have been nice to at least mention Wolverine since people are always surprised he's this short.

Also would not have thought Vision is this "short". I always pictured him taller than this.

I have a hard time believing Tony Stark is 6'5''. Must be with the armour on

"... and Hank Pym's daughter Nadia, who might be better known by her american name: Hope." No, those are two different characters residing in two different universes. Stop confusing people, Marvel
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 06-28-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

I have a hard time believing Tony Stark is 6'5''.
    Depends on the version. The Michelinie and Layton version, especially in their second run, was huge, and appeared to be based on Tom Selleck. More recent versions based on Downey appear to be of average height.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Depends on the version. The Michelinie and Layton version, especially in their second run, was huge, and appeared to be based on Tom Selleck. More recent versions based on Downey appear to be of average height.
    According to the official profiles that I found, though they might be outdated now, Tony Stark out of the armor was 6'1" and the armor added four or five inches to his height.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    According to the official profiles that I found, though they might be outdated now, Tony Stark out of the armor was 6'1" and the armor added four or five inches to his height.
    That's what I read as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, those "official" stats are worthless. He usually only appears to be an inch or two taller in armor, if even that. His height has varied drastically between artists, with Michelinie and Layton's version looking like a Tom Selleck-based very tall beefcake, and more recent versions looking five-ten or eleven.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like Peter Parker is drawn shorter than his height implies at times. Like, I did not know that he was taller than Vision.
    He's most decidedly not. Spidey is something like 5'10". Vision would be well over 6'. Peter Parker was always on the slighter side to begin with but he was never a tall man.

Mighty Member

Yeah, those "official" stats are worthless. He usually only appears to be an inch or two taller in armor, if even that. His height has varied drastically between artists, with Michelinie and Layton's version looking like a Tom Selleck-based very tall beefcake, and more recent versions looking five-ten or eleven.
    And you could have a perfectly valid in universe reason for that, where Tony as he looks now is based much more physically on Teen Tony before he was merged with other versions in Heroes Reborn.

"... and Hank Pym's daughter Nadia, who might be better known by her american name: Hope." Is that what we're going with now, Marvel ?

Luna and Rocket being about the same height is just asking for some kind of comedic moment between the two because of it .

I am genuinely surprised (in a good way) that they featured Hank in this, and twice! I was expecting Raz would be the Giant-Man they'd use.

I also find it kind of funny that this list uses Mantis despite the fact that Marvel Comics hardly seems to even remember her (and she's a movie Guardian now).

I also thought it was amusing that the Avengers Trinity seem to be constantly one-upping each other in height up until She-Hulk and Hulk turn out to be taller then everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Same with Kamala. I don't think she's ever been drawn to be anywhere close to Black Widow's height, even though the list implies they're not too far off from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Nice video! A bit sad to see no mutants in there... would have been nice to at least mention Wolverine since people are always surprised he's this short.
    Granted, that hasn't been true for Logan for a while now.

I don't think he's meant to be a short as he used to be. Artists certainly don't draw him that way.

I actually got his height from the last Iron Manual. I don't know if that counts still, but that's what it stated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Good to see Shulkie representing the taller women of the MU.