Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Default Morbius

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jared-l...es-1202418275/

So Jared Leto has jumped over to Marvel now. I think he will be a better Morbius then he is a Joker. Hes gonna be a busy guy though

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/jared-l...es-1202418275/

So Jared Leto has jumped over to Marvel now. I think he will be a better Morbius then he is a Joker. Hes gonna be a busy guy though
    I think this, Venom and the Joker movies will under perform. I have no interest in a movie about whatever that was Leto played in Suicide Squad.

Moribus was always a marginal character. He could make an interesting villain, but I don't see the appeal of a movie where he is the main character.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I guess I have to give Sony credit that they don't know when to give up .

I'm morbidly curious to see what kind of method-acting Leto would get into to play a vampire.

BANNED

you have to believe that Sony always keeps a door open for an easy exit from a bad idea, but this just confounds me. Perhaps when Venom crashes and burns they will re-think their plans to build a spider-villain-verse without the spider part. This seems like a ridiculously early announcement for such a big risk.

I'm sorta looking forward to venom but I'm really excited about the black cat silver sable movie. I wish they would give us word on that.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I know I'm in the minority, but unless I see something bad, I am genuinely kind of excited for these films and wish Sony luck in providing interesting entries in the genre.

Though I do find the idea of a Spider-Man centric universe without Spider-Man a little weird, I do nonetheless like a lot of the characters they are playing with. So hopefully this works out okay.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do find the idea of a Spider-Man centric universe without Spider-Man a little weird, I do nonetheless like a lot of the characters they are playing with. So hopefully this works out okay.
    I'm gonna have to co-opt this statement, the characters they're playing with intrigues me. I kinda always wanted a Mobius film ever since i saw his deleted scene from the first Blade movie.

Retired

Am I the only one who sees how obviously similar in appearance the Joker and Morbius are? I mean, that might be the origin of this casting idea--but the similarity is so obvious that it seems self-defeating, as everyone is immediately going to think of Leto's Joker role when they see him as Morbius. Leto would be shooting himself in the foot. At least Ryan Reynolds had the good sense to play a character completely different from Hal Jordan, in his Deadpool--he didn't get himself cast as Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Am I the only one who sees how obviously similar in appearance the Joker and Morbius are?
    Aside from the white skin, I don't think they are very similar. Also, Morbius is obscure enough that who knows what Leto will end up looking like - he went fairly far off-model playing Mr J and he's one if the most iconic comic characters ever.

Mobius is nothing like the Joker at all.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm sorta looking forward to venom but I'm really excited about the black cat silver sable movie. I wish they would give us word on that.
    Removed from schedule.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/3/17...-from-schedule

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Aside from the white skin,
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mobius is nothing like the Joker at all.
    The white skin is the main thing I was talking about. Visually Leto would look very similar to the Joker. People would see the white skin and instantly make the association. Movies are visual--it's the visual element that is most immediate.

Also they're both freaky-deaky--but that's secondary. It's primarily the visual element that would be hard to overcome for your average unwashed viewer.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The white skin is the main thing I was talking about. Visually Leto would look very similar to the Joker. People would see the white skin and instantly make the association. Movies are visual--it's the visual element that is most immediate.

Also they're both freaky-deaky--but that's secondary. It's primarily the visual element that would be hard to overcome for your average unwashed viewer.
    Long as they don't have "Living Vampire" scrawled on his forehead and ish like that, they should be aight.

Bummer. I'm looking forward to it and I hope it happens eventually. She's not tall enough but I'm thinking Rachel Bilson has the Right energy for Felicia Hardy.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"