Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Also, his shield was smashed in the fight with Thanos, wasn't it? So did he steal the shield from his alternate self? Did he thaw the poor guy out or just steal his shield and leave him there? If he thawed him out, did they compete for who would get Peggy's affections? If he just stole his shield and left him there, did he at least leave directions so the poor shieldless guy would get unfrozen at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Cartoons were already doing that in the 80s with guys shooting laser pistols. Aside from Rambo, Starblazers, Battle of the Planets, Gatchman and a few other shows.

Oddly enough no one had an issue with it when Gargoyles, Talespin & Ducktales had folks with real guns.

Nor Robotech showing dead bodies.

Some of those are anime, or at least sourced from anime, which is somewhat a bit more open on portrayals of violence and other content (although it occasionally does attract controversy in Japan, such as Evangelion).

Although often they still get censorship when dubbed/brought over here. The Early Dragonball Z episodes that I think were owned by Saban had practically all the blood or other injuries airbrushed out, and characters didn't "die" but were instead "Sent to the next dimension" (The shows did have an afterlife portrayed, but even that was altered to not be heaven or hell, but HFIL, "The home for infinite losers"). It's seriously some really goofy censorship.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Regarding Smith playing the villain, I think that's pretty much been his main career path since leaving WHO, not just the Skynet role but he's been doing a lot of stuff like that. He's played Charles Manson and Patrick Bateman, for example.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Not sure what to think so far. The only part that has me pumped was Keaton's Appearance (He's tied for my favorite actor)

I'm hoping the ending will have Morbius bite a particular pregnant lady which results in the birth of a Day Walker
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-20-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Not sure what to think so far. The only part that has me pumped was Keaton's Appearance (He's tied for my favorite actor)

I'm hoping the ending will have Morbius bite a particular pregnant lady which results in the birth of a Day Walker
    This is happening now, not the past, you want a Blade movie set in the future? Or baby Blade?

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-morbius-f...ine-bloodbath/

Outside of existing spidey villians, Harris's character could be Dr. Paine.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I don't know if I want Blade and Morbius that tied to each other but them fighting over a potential daywalker could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-morbius-f...ine-bloodbath/

Outside of existing spidey villians, Harris's character could be Dr. Paine.

I don't know if I want Blade and Morbius that tied to each other but them fighting over a potential daywalker could be interesting.
    Does Morbius take place in the past? It looks to be modern day and Blade should be an older character. Unless Godzillas was saying Morbius creates a new day walker that isnt Blade. Which seems to be what your suggesting

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I don't recall if the Vampire that bit Blade's Mother was identified. Personally, I think Morbius is a good twist. The now-turned vampire mother is evil, Blade always driven by vengeance and a constant reminder of Morbius past crimes.

(I was thinking more of a reboot for the character)
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-20-2020 at 10:36 PM.

The vampire who bit Blade's mom was Deacon Frost in both the comics and movies. Though the comics version is, irrc, an old doctor.

Having Morbius run into Blade would certainly be awesome, but I prefer their separate origins - Morbius isn't a real vampire, his condition was brought on by science. Blade is steeped in traditional supernatural vampire lore.

In the comics, Blade wasn't originally a Daywalker. In fact, wasn't it Morbius who bit him and turned him into one? They could easily follow that story in the films.

So it begins again...