Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Remember Prime Time Specials? Cartoons in prime time!

Cartoon specials in prime time. Kids today don't understand how big that was pre netflix. So when that cbs bumper hit we all knew we were getting a snoopy or garfield or disney special! They had syndication specials also for he-man, transformers and more. Don't forget the saturday morning preview specials!

Anyone remember these? Today only christmas and if you are lucky halloween still has prime time specials.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hopefully this counts, but I remember BTAS competing & losing against 60 Minutes during prime-time

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-17-2022 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but I remember BTAS competing & losing against 60 Minutes during prime-time

I also remember Spider-Man and the X-Men back in 1995 having a primetime double feature on a Sunday. Spider-Man's episode was "Day of the Chameleon," which guest-starred Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., and the X-Men's episode was "Weapon X, Lies, and Videotape," the title of which in retrospect was a homage to the movie Sex, Lies, and Videotape.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The batman episodes were promoted as prime time specials as was the two 90s x-men prime time episodes, the two power rangers prime time episodes and the two ninja turtles episodes so yes you can count them.

[IMG][/IMG]

Some more--

[IMG][/IMG]

This one aired on saturday morning first prime time the next week!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I remember The Garfield specials they ran a couple times. They had the Garfield Halloween Special with Songs by Lou Rawls and they had the Christmas Special where John Goes home to the farm. They had a Thanksgiving Special also but it was not as good.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

When I was a kid, they ran those holiday specials ONCE, there was no way to record them, and if you missed it... better luck next year.

But yeah, it was an experience. Even the commercials were part of the fun. (The Dolly Madison snack commercials in the Charlie Brown specials had the Peanuts characters in them.)

In the 70's the networks would actually run a prime-time special each year to introduce the new batch of animated Saturday morning cartoons. That was a can't-miss event too.

I remember the night Batman Beyond made its premiere, which became the highest-rated program that night.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-18-2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    When I was a kid, they ran those holiday specials ONCE, there was no way to record them, and if you missed it... better luck next year.

But yeah, it was an experience. Even the commercials were part of the fun. (The Dolly Madison snack commercials in the Charlie Brown specials had the Peanuts characters in them.)

In the 70's the networks would actually run a prime-time special each year to introduce the new batch of animated Saturday morning cartoons. That was a can't-miss event too.
    I remember that well. I'd be so excited - at least until they introduced Scrappy Doo. That was probably around the time my Saturday Morning cartoon days were coming to an end.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I remember the night Batman Beyond made its premiere, which became the highest-rated program that night.

Thanks for reminding me. That night kicked things up into a whole new gear for me as far as being a Batman fan went.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I wonder how well this special did. (Not that i would see it as a kids special.)