Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

I know Tyrese thinks hes in the MCU but I'm surprised no one reached out and told him to cut that out.

Mighty Member

Looks like peter got blamed for events of the last movie due to the poster of him with "murderer" on it. Note he is in the ps4 outfit! Wait so this is in the mcu? Also is that the mcu vulture?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-13-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like peter got blamed for events of the last movie due to the poster of him with "murderer" on it. Note he is in the ps4 outfit! Wait so this is in the mcu?
    This is about to be confusing if Marvel and Sony don't confirm what aspects of Spiderman are in the mcu because right now it seems like this psuedo mcu universe that exists but isn't quite in the main universe.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

...holy hell that actually looks really good. I might actually be more interested in this than Venom 2 at the moment. Looks like Sony are planning on their films be still in the MCU (if not allowed to admit so) rather than the alternate universe aspect as we all thought. Though it should be noted that they might not confirm Keaton to be Toomes and the Spider-Man graffiti is not the Holland version but based on the McGuire version, so they might be muddling the waters with this first trailer over if the Venomverse films really are set in the MCU or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think this, Venom and the Joker movies will under perform. I have no interest in a movie about whatever that was Leto played in Suicide Squad.

Moribus was always a marginal character. He could make an interesting villain, but I don't see the appeal of a movie where he is the main character.

6332b1fb73f3e32fc2e0dc2e3ff4703f6fb5e8b2c3104cf8b9332804268a00b2_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    This is about to be confusing if Marvel and Sony don't confirm what aspects of Spiderman are in the mcu because right now it seems like this psuedo mcu universe that exists but isn't quite in the main universe.
    I think Marvel will treat this like they treated Agents of SHIELD. Sure, it's in the universe, but we'll never acknowledge it in the movies. In this case, these characters will probably only ever be mentioned in Spider-Man movies, and none of the other straight Marvel movies.

Keaton's actually playing Bruce Wayne here. Because, bats.

A big huge meh.

But I did the same after Venom’s trailers, and wound up liking that movie well enough. ::shrug::

wow, didn't see that coming. Guess I'm going to check this out after all. I'm guessing Toomes survived the blip and busted out in the chaos. I wonder if his daughter also survived and is now older than Peter and Ned.

Given Joker’s nominations and the public receptions to this and Venom I do wonder if Marvel Studios might actually let Noah Hawley make his Doctor Doom movie if villains are legitimately seen as worthy of their own movies now.

Retired

Most of the trailer was by the numbers as trailers go (with the typical music cues), but dropping Michael Keaton at the end turned up the hype exponentially. The question is will Keaton just be in a cameo scene or will he be central to the plot?

Mighty Member

That tends to be a trend about CBM predictions. Just like the "MCU will fail" talk for the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    That tends to be a trend about CBM predictions. Just like the "MCU will fail" talk for the last 10 years.
    I don't remember people saying that to much.

People have pointed out vulture is wearing the same outfit he was wearing in jail at the end of homecoming. Looks like vulture broke out of prison! Did the scorpion break out also?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    People have pointed out vulture is wearing the same outfit he was wearing in jail at the end of homecoming. Looks like vulture broke out of prison! Did the scorpion break out also?
    Some comments are suggesting that Sony might be setting up a Sinister Six by having Vulture as it’s leader and possibly Morbius and Venom as members. Though honestly I would prefer Michael and Eddie team up against a more classic Sinister Six, which I think never works without Ock at the helm.