Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Second trailer.
    That was pretty good.

If Venom worked at all, it was thanks to Tom Hardy leaning into the absurdity of the character.

Morbius is no Venom, and Jared Leto is no Tom Hardy.

I'm curious if we'll see Matt Smith's character in a future teaser. He's supposed to be the villian of the film "Hunger".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_(Marvel_Comics)

I'm still hoping Jared Harris is secretly Miles Warren aka the Jackal.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-02-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    If Venom worked at all, it was thanks to Tom Hardy leaning into the absurdity of the character.

Morbius is no Venom, and Jared Leto is no Tom Hardy.
    Seems like they're leaning more into the horror than the comedy, aside from that "Venom" joke.

I like Venom. Didn't like Venom 2. This looks good to me. I'm excitedly optimistic. Morbius is character I don't give two shits about. So they can alter and change whatever they want. Seems like he's goes back and forth from his vampire form and human form. Could he do that in the comics? I thought once he was turned into the living Vampire that was it he looked like Michale Jackson if he had one more nose job forever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I like Venom. Didn't like Venom 2. This looks good to me. I'm excitedly optimistic. Morbius is character I don't give two shits about. So they can alter and change whatever they want. Seems like he's goes back and forth from his vampire form and human form. Could he do that in the comics? I thought once he was turned into the living Vampire that was it he looked like Michale Jackson if he had one more nose job forever.
    There was a serum he took in the 1992 series that made him human for a time (whereby he worked at a hospital) until his hunger came upon him. However it was a natural occurrence in the 1994 animated series. In that case, he became human as the sun rose and a vampire upon night fall.

Otherwise it usually is a permanent change.

Niffleheim

Why does this feel dated or looks like a Netflix movie?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    There was a serum he took in the 1992 series that made him human for a time (whereby he worked at a hospital) until his hunger came upon him. However it was a natural occurrence in the 1994 animated series. In that case, he became human as the sun rose and a vampire upon night fall.

Otherwise it usually is a permanent change.
    Ok I'm guessing here whenever the hunger takes over he loses control and changes. Then he's just normal the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Why does this feel dated or looks like a Netflix movie?
    Doesn't to me. Special effects look top notch imo. I love the looks of his vampire face. Good actors in the film.. so yea I don't see it

Niffleheim

Doesn't to me. Special effects look top notch imo. I love the looks of his vampire face. Good actors in the film.. so yea I don't see it
    Maybe it’s just me then
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was about to mention the same thing.

Why do so many movie trailers nowadays use these "re-mixed" old rock songs?
    I don't get it. Who's it appealing to? Did trailers forget music evolved past 1990? I felt the same when I saw the House of Gucci trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    People Are Strange takes me back to The Lost Boys, so maybe it's for that vampire connection.
    Ah, I didn't make that connection.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't know your age but it's an 80's movie, so no reason anyone under 40 would get the connection. Not saying it was the right choice, just that it could've inspired the selection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don't know your age but it's an 80's movie, so no reason anyone under 40 would get the connection. Not saying it was the right choice, just that it could've inspired the selection.
    I've watched quite a few 80s movies. Some are great. I don't love the decade though, or 80s music that much (at least popular 80s music). I don't think I've seen this one though but I guess it works.

But I'm really not that big on this 80s/70s/60s nostalgia thing from Hollywood in general.

Nope. I figured they made a change to the film in order to accommodate the actors. Best bet is they would have a vamp face like Buffy did.

Astonishing Member

I've watched quite a few 80s movies. Some are great. I don't love the decade though, or 80s music that much (at least popular 80s music). I don't think I've seen this one though but I guess it works.

But I'm really not that big on this 80s/70s/60s nostalgia thing from Hollywood in general.

That song is People are Strange by the Doors. It was written in the 1960s. Its not an 80s song even if used in a 80s movie. I have heard people complain about the use of these old songs in trailers but these are classic songs. That song by the Doors was used in the lost boys soundtrack. But it wasn't even contemporary for that time. Now that soundtrack if I recall had a mix of older and newer songs at the time. I am no soundtrack expert but hasn't the latest Shang Chi and Black Panther had many contemporary songs? Different movies have different vibes to them. Heck the entire soundtrack to Morbius could be new songs. But they just use this one in the trailer. It just really depends on the movie.

Astonishing Member

I don't get it. Who's it appealing to? Did trailers forget music evolved past 1990? I felt the same when I saw the House of Gucci trailers.

What time period is the House of Gucci set in?