Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I didn't look into what they were going for with Renfield, but after The Invisible Man I felt I was going to watch it no matter what it was about.
    Eh, kind of. After the whole Mummy fiasco tanking their cinematic universe dreams Universal shifted to the director driven stand alones to push their classic monster IP yeah, but Renfield is more outside that direction than in. It's just a comedy, maybe more adult comedy than say Hotel Transylvania, and hopefully a very fun and good comedy, and Nicholas Cage as Dracula has my attention, but it's not really part of their serious efforts like The Invisible Man was. Their serious Dracula picture is Chloe Zhao's sci-fi western Dracula project. I'm...honestly more interested in the comedy one with Nicholas Cage now, but still, figured it's important to note that because of genre it's not really meant to push a vampire revival.

That said, I can see there being a vampire revival push, or at least a Dracula push. Besides Universal Studios' two different Dracula pictures, other studios are also bringing the Count back. There's Demeter, aka Dracula on a Ship, there's Abraham's Boys which is a sequel featuring the sons of Abraham van Helsing, and The Bride which is allegedly centered on a bride of Dracula. A lot of these sound weird, but hell if just one proves to be a decent Dracula film I'll be happy.

"One of the worst popcorn blockbuster experiences in recent memory."

- Liam Maguren, Flicks.co.nz

https://www.flicks.co.nz/reviews/morbius-movie-review/

The first review available on Rotten Tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    "One of the worst popcorn blockbuster experiences in recent memory."

- Liam Maguren, Flicks.co.nz

https://www.flicks.co.nz/reviews/morbius-movie-review/

The first review available on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Either it's super bad or he hasn't seen some of the other recent blockbusters in the past decade. BvS, Josstice League, The Mummy, Dark Phoenix, Mortal Kombat, Godzilla vs Kong, Fantastic Four reboot, just to name the ones off the top of my head. It's probably bad, but probably just average among those.

...unless they went full Catwoman.

BANNED

Well, Grace Randolph prefers it to Moon Knight.

...Yeah.

Watched the post scene on youtube. (won't spoil) but someone yelled "who cares!" in the video.

RT score is 20!

Not good signs.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/morbius

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Well, Grace Randolph prefers it to Moon Knight.

...Yeah.
    Grace Randolph praising a movie may be a better indicator that it actually sucks than the 20% rotten score on the tomatometer
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Since I am always down to see a train wreck of a movie, I probably will still go see this at a discount/ matinee this weekend. Matinee ticket prices where I live in Virginia are like 5 dollars. I did the same for the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot and had fun laughing along with the few others in theater on how bad it was even though the cast were good actors.

I wonder if this is really bad or just popular to say it's bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Either it's super bad or he hasn't seen some of the other recent blockbusters in the past decade. BvS, Josstice League, The Mummy, Dark Phoenix, Mortal Kombat, Godzilla vs Kong, Fantastic Four reboot, just to name the ones off the top of my head. It's probably bad, but probably just average among those.

...unless they went full Catwoman.
    I wouldn't even call any of these bad per say they have problems definitely but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

BANNED

I watched The Reel Rejects review. I figured they were going to shill it, and while they said it wasn't all that bad their body language suggested to me they actually hated it. Their co-host Coy however was gushing about it, and even got over defensive when bringing up that there had been fan backlash to him 'liking everything'. Greg Alba also listed more cons than pros and hated the post-credits.

Mighty Member

It’s crazy that this thread was started in 2018

Mighty Member

Here’s what I pieced together. It’s more Batman Begins and less Dark Knight. It’s more of an exploration of a character. With CGI. A lot of people say the ideas in this movie were great but the execution meh.

I can see this being a movie I enjoy because a lot of people are just more used to the Marvel shared universe stuff. I want a movie that doesnt have the same beats as Marvel so I do hope it’s good

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It’s crazy that this thread was started in 2018
    Does Morbius have a more recent appreciation thread?

Can someone please explain to me why Marvel even bothered to make a Morbius movie? Has his fandom increased to the point where audiences were begging and pleading for that sort of thing? Or was this just Marvel spit-balling because they have cash to burn on the occasional failed project?

Marvel didn't make it. Sony did. And they did it because they want to make an anthero team out of a bunch of Spider-Man villains. Kind of Sinister Six meets Suicide Squad.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Does Morbius have a more recent appreciation thread?

Can someone please explain to me why Marvel even bothered to make a Morbius movie? Has his fandom increased to the point where audiences were begging and pleading for that sort of thing? Or was this just Marvel spit-balling because they have cash to burn on the occasional failed project?
    Sony made this movie not Marvel. They want a cinematic universe but Spider-Man is all they got. They are stretching what they have