Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Astonishing Member

With Sony trying to spin-off every Spider-Man villain and supporting character into their own movie, pretty soon their film slate is going to start reading like Marvel solicitations from circa 1995.

Where's the Prowler movie?

Slingers tv show on Freeform?

Spider-mobile animated kids show?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Where's the Prowler movie?

Slingers tv show on Freeform?

Spider-mobile animated kids show?
    I'm assuming Prowler will show up as a villain in either the this coming one or the next one. Glover was playing him in homecoming
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Retired

How do they determine what belongs in the Spider-Man world and what belongs in the MCU? Do the contracts give a list of every single character that they are entitled to use? In which case, what foresight!

I mean, I remember the Kingpin as a Spidey villain--same with Punisher. So I gather not every character introduced in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comics belongs to the Sony Spider-Man movie world.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kingpin is considered a Daredevil foe as far as film rights go. Marvel is interested in using villains that didn't appear in previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm assuming Prowler will show up as a villain in either the this coming one or the next one. Glover was playing him in homecoming
    He wasnt villianous though. He was a petty criminal who wasnt cool with guns Vulture was putting on the street. If they do anything more with him it's most likely to turn him into a antihero I think. Iono dient see him as a villian at all in SMHC.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kingpin is considered a Daredevil foe as far as film rights go. Marvel is interested in using villains that didn't appear in previous movies.
    Doesn't really answer my question. How do they determine what properties Sony is entitled to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Doesn't really answer my question. How do they determine what properties Sony is entitled to use?
    I dont know if that info was ever released but I assume Marvel made packages to offer with characters listed and fox or Sony probaly countered with certain characters they wanted included. Like IIRC fox specifically requested deadpool included with the Xmen. So I assume Marvel packaged Kingpin with daredevil to make his rogue gallery better. Because spiderman was already an easy sell and didnt need it.

There are characters not specifically listed that are up for grabs
    Skrulls and the Twins for example. Then you have X23 who was created after the deal but Is specifically without doubt a Xmen character. So Marvel probaly didnt fight them on her but if either company wanted to be petty I assume lawyers coulda fought over the twins or Skrulls.

I'm just realizing you asked a simple question and I didnt answer it at all. I just speculated on how I think it might have worked

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I was assuming j9ac9k meant the Hobie Brown version of Prowler, not the Aaron Davis version that showed up in Homecoming. Though I suppose most people wouldn't care at this point.

Though, while we're chasing this train of thought, how about a Green Goblin movie. Not Norman or Harry Osborn, though. The Phil Urich one.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I was assuming j9ac9k meant the Hobie Brown version of Prowler, not the Aaron Davis version that showed up in Homecoming. Though I suppose most people wouldn't care at this point.

Though, while we're chasing this train of thought, how about a Green Goblin movie. Not Norman or Harry Osborn, though. The Phil Urich one.
    I absolutely meant Hobie and I would only want the Hobie Prowler onscreen.

I wish they had used Hobie in Homecoming.

I feel like Aaron only works if there are real plans for Miles but I don't foresee that happening for quite a long while, and they don't need to give Peter Miles' best friend and his Prowler.

Astonishing Member

Oh good! Someone else who's still a bit stuck on the old-school version of things. Even all these years later, my baseline frame of reference for Spider-Man stuff is still the '90s cartoon series. It took me forever to find out who Miles Morales even was. I had to Google the new Prowler's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish they had used Hobie in Homecoming.

I feel like Aaron only works if there are real plans for Miles but I don't foresee that happening for quite a long while, and they don't need to give Peter Miles' best friend and his Prowler.
    I dont care which prowler they use as long as its Donald Glover

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Whenever they sold Daredevil to Fox, Kingpin was part of the package evidently. When they got it back, Kingpin came with it.