Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    My only marketing impression for Morbius was having to watch the same trailer over and over for like a year when going to watch other movies. I really don't feel Sony had to do much more than remind people the same studio brought them Venom and Spidey flicks.
    I've seen three different posters at my local cinema with the different dates. Likewise posters on the aide of buses and bus stops. So money definitely had to have been spent on marketing to a point. People saying "eh, it wouldn't be much" are kidding themselves. If it had come out when it was supposed to? Yes. It likely would have got away with 20 - 25m on advertising. But not with those delays.

I'd personally be fine with seeing Morbius in another ensemble movie but not a solo movie, I don't know about the character's comic lore but after his movie introduction I don't see what else they could do just with him. A review I read pointed out how, about his anti-hero inner conflict, a connected guy who dedicated his whole life to save others shouldn't have a problem getting voluntary blood donations, even if his vampirism turned out to be as incurable as Fantastic Four Thing is in comics.
    Well, his vampirism has fluctuated in the comics: one minute he is cured, the next he has found a way to live with it, others it's been amplified. They really need him to cross paths with Spidey because his radioactive blood has both starved off and/or stabilised his bloodlust.

His rogues gallery isn't extensive either. I mean, he has Simon Shroud, Vic Slaughter, Basilisk and Bloodthirst. He has also crossed paths with John Jameson as Man-wolf as well.

They could probably do Vic Slaughter next go around or maybe Sony does a Man-Wolf film and cross them over. But, outside of Spidey, the bulk of Morbius story requires the other supernatural characters from the MCU.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-11-2022 at 05:45 AM.

I liked it. The only "problem" is that it felt like it was a lost movie from the period of 1999 to 2006. Like it should have came out anytime after Blade 1 (1998) but before Spider-Man 3 (2007). I didn't mind it though but it struck me like it firmly belonged in that period. *shrugs*

BANNED

Back in theatres because fans have decided to meme it into a good time

https://www.cinemablend.com/superher...ng-to-theaters

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Does Morbius really say "it's morbin' time" in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Does Morbius really say "it's morbin' time" in the movie?

best scene in the movie

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Leaning into the memes didn't improve the movie's box office when put back in theaters

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Leaning into the memes didn't improve the movie's box office when put back in theaters
    are you sure? I thought Morbius was the most successful CBM ever

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Did I miss the sequel announcement?

But really, I'd watch another.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I liked it. The only "problem" is that it felt like it was a lost movie from the period of 1999 to 2006. Like it should have came out anytime after Blade 1 (1998) but before Spider-Man 3 (2007). I didn't mind it though but it struck me like it firmly belonged in that period. *shrugs*
    It does feel like it's from that era, but I don't really consider that a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It does feel like it's from that era, but I don't really consider that a problem.
    Agreed. Consider this, with SM:NWH and DS2 displaying the multiverse, as well as the animated What If?, it would be awesome if in a (not going to happen) sequel that Toby McGuire showed up as the Spider-man for the Morbius world. Thus establishing him in that "era" of films of '99-2006.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Agreed. Consider this, with SM:NWH and DS2 displaying the multiverse, as well as the animated What If?, it would be awesome if in a (not going to happen) sequel that Toby McGuire showed up as the Spider-man for the Morbius world. Thus establishing him in that "era" of films of '99-2006.
    Oh that would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Me either, hence the parenthesis. This movie was fine in every sense of the word. Entirely inoffensive. Meaning its only true problem, no parenthesis, is that it was by the numbers. It did nothing to elevate itself from the other superhero movies, and somehow that has been conflated into its one of the worst movies ever made. Which I don't think is fair. It is no better, but definitely no worse, than any movie from that time period I mentioned, and interestingly I can enjoy it on those terms. Like its a missing movie from that era they just discovered and decided to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That would be cool. It would also explain why Morbius didn't say "Who is Spider-Man" when Vulture mentioned him.

Mighty Member

I just saw this on demand and it wasent as bad as people make it out to be, Also The post creates was fine it showed how toomes came from the MCU to the other Univerce.So im Gussing the time of the movie is During No Way home

^^^
    It is a very by the numbers film, which in and of itself is fine as it was executed competently. It is just easy to guess the beats. I'd watch a sequel with the caveat being it needs to up its game. Not another strictly by the numbers entry. Which should be easier to do now that the pieces have been laid out on the board.
    Hyperbole rules in message boards and on Twitter. One must look into something their self and not just take others word for something.