Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Cool trailer. I said to myself "Huh, Matt Smith is in this, bet he's playing the villain," and sure enough...

Can't wait to see this.

Rumor is that he's playing Hunger.

However aren't there also rumors that he's up for Doctor Strange 2 as Nightmare?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Matt Smith really deserves an actual role in film already. Outside of Prince Philip in The Crown it seems like he has been stuck with bit roles and cancelled performances since he played the Eleventh Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like peter got blamed for events of the last movie due to the poster of him with "murderer" on it. Note he is in the ps4 outfit! Wait so this is in the mcu? Also is that the mcu vulture?
    It's not MCU, although I'm sure Sony wants something similar to be in their stuff's backstory.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

sharing vulture was likely the deal Sony and Disney made to keep spiderman in the mcu.

Astonishing Member

I just keep flashing back to the Spider-Man animated series, which had a Morbius arc that seemed to go on for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I just keep flashing back to the Spider-Man animated series, which had a Morbius arc that seemed to go on for far too long.
    Oh dear Lord, the 90s one had tons of arcs in the last segment that were WAY TOO LONG.

Just like 90s comics.

Maximum Carnage, part XXVII!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh dear Lord, the 90s one had tons of arcs in the last segment that were WAY TOO LONG.

Just like 90s comics.

Never forget about The Plasma .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sadly Batman can be blamed for that after BTAS (Best Animated Show Ever) the censors cracked down hard on STAS hence cops having laser pistols and plasma to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sadly Batman can be blamed for that after BTAS (Best Animated Show Ever) the censors cracked down hard on STAS hence cops having laser pistols and plasma to name a few.
    Batman: TAS and the Real Ghostbusters led the way to some really unnecessary censorship for the 90s.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I just hope that Morbius doesn't ruin things for the eventual return of Blade. Yes, Marvel-Disney owns Blade, separate studio, etc. etc.
    Regardless: the vampire context here is going to be influential-- hopefully for the good, but hopefully not making for "vampire hero fatigue" by the time that nu-Blade comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's not MCU, although I'm sure Sony wants something similar to be in their stuff's backstory.
    But vulture is in it so it is MCU right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Just like 90s comics.

The second season of Spider-Man had to do with the whole "Neogenic" thing they contrived to explain how Spider-Man, the Scorpion, etc. got their powers. But then it turned into this thing about Morbius and vampires and Blade and Black Cat were there and it just kept going . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Never forget about The Plasma
    And he sucked it through HIS HANDS. Somehow that was supposed to be better than him biting people. Not like having weird, thirsty mouth holes on your hands was some creepy body horror stuff or anything. That's certainly not the case. [rolleyes]

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But vulture is in it so it is MCU right?
    Cause Sony owns him but if Marvel doesnt acknowledge the movie it's not really MCU. But who knows maybe crazy ass Tyrese was right and sony and Marvel worked something out to bring this and Venom into the MCU. If that's the cost of keeping Spidey I would make that deal. Did Feige help producer on venom and this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Cause Sony owns him but if Marvel doesnt acknowledge the movie it's not really MCU. But who knows maybe crazy ass Tyrese was right and sony and Marvel worked something out to bring this and Venom into the MCU. If that's the cost of keeping Spidey I would make that deal. Did Feige help producer on venom and this?
    It's the only thing that makes sense. You can't tease Vulture like that and not basically be making that connection.

This was a solid trailer until we see Keaton, then my interest went much higher. I thought his Vulture was a brilliant re-invention and I'm excited to see him continue.