Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But vulture is in it so it is MCU right?
    No, it would just mean a new version of the Vulture played by the same actor, with the idea that viewers assume some version of the earlier movies happened (how that works, i don't know, given that Iron Man is MCU exclusive, but there you are).

It'd be really no different then had Sony tried to make a third Spider-Man movie without Marvel.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It's the only thing that makes sense. You can't tease Vulture like that and not basically be making that connection.

This was a solid trailer until we see Keaton, then my interest went much higher. I thought his Vulture was a brilliant re-invention and I'm excited to see him continue.
    Yea and when all the negotiations was going on didnt Sony reveal that Feige was a producer on Venom and this? Or was it just Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But vulture is in it so it is MCU right?
    The MCU has already established that there is a multiverse. It might be the same Vulture, or it might just be a very similar alternate reality version. Should be interesting to see how they handle this

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Batman: TAS and the Real Ghostbusters led the way to some really unnecessary censorship for the 90s.
    I can see Batman : TAS, but why Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I just keep flashing back to the Spider-Man animated series, which had a Morbius arc that seemed to go on for far too long.
    the spiderman series was very good, it had the felicia love story line that made Mobius a tragic character. I did not get that vibe from the trailer. Honestly the trailer was okay but it still felt very ''common'' if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    the spiderman series was very good, it had the felicia love story line that made Mobius a tragic character. I did not get that vibe from the trailer. Honestly the trailer was okay but it still felt very ''common'' if you know what I mean.
    Felt like the Venom trailer all over again, minus Tom Hardy. Since Hardy was about the only good thing in that one...
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I can’t believe this film is being made.........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Some comments are suggesting that Sony might be setting up a Sinister Six by having Vulture as it’s leader and possibly Morbius and Venom as members. Though honestly I would prefer Michael and Eddie team up against a more classic Sinister Six, which I think never works without Ock at the helm.
    Yep. I prefer a more more comic accurate line up.

If Morbius is going to be in a team movie then it should be either Blade or Midnight Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I can’t believe this film is being made.........
    What is so hard to believe? Sony wants MCU money, so they are working with the Marvel properties they have, and only a few of those characters could really work, like Venom and Morbius, hence the films. You don't have to like it, but it is the most logical thing Sony can do. I'd have a harder time believing that they weren't making a movie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    ...And he sucked it through HIS HANDS. Somehow that was supposed to be better than him biting people. Not like having weird, thirsty mouth holes on your hands was some creepy body horror stuff or anything. That's certainly not the case. [rolleyes]
    Maybe they were afraid of kids biting each other? Because while kids have teeth in their mouths, they don't have mouths in their hands so it's not really something they can emulate....? Maybe...

still can't believe that people enjoyed Venom. the story was paper thin. the villains lacked any and all charisma. i'm having trouble remember any action scenes that weren't in the trailer. and what was with Brock's derp-y accent? he seemed brain damaged. it's ok to portray him that way. but then they show that he's in a relationship with someone who probably wouldn't be dating a mentally disabled individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    still can't believe that people enjoyed Venom. the story was paper thin. the villains lacked any and all charisma. i'm having trouble remember any action scenes that weren't in the trailer. and what was with Brock's derp-y accent? he seemed brain damaged. it's ok to portray him that way. but then they show that he's in a relationship with someone who probably wouldn't be dating a mentally disabled individual.
    I liked "Venom" purely because Tom Hardy was hilarious as both characters in a buddy-comedy. It's as simple as that, really. The movie was deeply, deeply flawed, but Hardy carried it with his dual-performances.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I liked Venom because it got the character and the symbiotic relationship better than Spider-Man 3 ever did. It’s certainly not perfect but it’s enjoyable and I am cautiously optimistic about Carnage in the sequel.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think it's obvious what's going on here based on that poster. Morbius takes place in the Rami-verse! Duh! That means that they are, for sure, going to make another Rami Spider-Man movie! Better get your hopes up, people!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I liked Venom because it got the character and the symbiotic relationship better than Spider-Man 3 ever did. It’s certainly not perfect but it’s enjoyable and I am cautiously optimistic about Carnage in the sequel.
    ??? do you hate Carnage? i hurt myself by rolling my eyes at that aftercredits. someone signed off on that. they threw a mop on his head and used a marker to add freckles. was it not in the budget? the fans should have reacted the same way they did to the first Sonic the Hedgehog design.