View Poll Results: Will the Bat/Cat marriage happen?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 48.28%
  • No

45 51.72%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't think they will get married think about this from a modern editorial comics perspective. They don't want Batman to ever be married longterm.

I think marriage can totally work, but modern comics like Marvel and DC disagree. You don't marry your flagship heroes.

Look at Spider-Man it's not going to happen
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't think they will get married think about this from a modern editorial comics perspective. They don't want Batman to ever be married longterm.

I think marriage can totally work, but modern comics like Marvel and DC disagree. You don't marry your flagship heroes.

Look at Spider-Man it's not going to happen
    I buy only "Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows." My comics dealer says it sells well and a lot of people want to see Spidey married. But for this, I'd have gone through with the wedding and killed the bride in issue #51 if I didn't want to deal with it, but I wouldn't crap out like this.

Fantastic Member

Or reading it more likely bruce which I would have been okay if they killed to just do the wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, just proves this entire run has been a waste of time and money. King is bullshit and a lot of people are going to finally realize and accept it.
    Your obsessive hatred for King is really, really disturbing.

Fantastic Member

I am only angry because the marriage was just a cover for the bane story. Now I know why he writes bruce like a chump at least with selina gone his second favorite character after bane he might maybe but I highly doubt write bruce as a competent hero but most likely not

BANNED

I like King just fine; I trust him more than I do most writers. I wonder, though, if this Runaway Bride thing was his idea or if it came from Editorial.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Your obsessive hatred for King is really, really disturbing.
    I don’t hate King. I hate his writing and how people trip over themselves to say how amazing he is. He’s not. If my outlook disturbs you then feel free to skip over my posts. No one is making you read them.

I am dreading DickBabs getting the Rogue X Gambit treatment. I want to read stories where the lead character is in charge of the direction of his story but Nightwing seems more and more subject to having his whole life change

Incredible Member

Why do you think Nightwing and Batgirl are going to become a thing because of the wedding?

I think either it won't happen, or if it does it will be right before a reboot that undoes it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

about what i expected would happen happened
    X-Men Forever

Well According to DC Nation the end was surprising and inevitable

after reading the issue it's still stupid to me you don't think that if Batman experienced happiness he wouldn't try his hardest to keep and maintain it since its a new experience for him. For Dc top hero wheres the faith?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think DC would get less flack if they later voided/annulled the marriage than if they were to make issue #50 an actual non-wedding issue.
    This is what I said two days before that New York Times article.
    Still think I was right about the fallout if #50 turned out to be a non-wedding issue, but that was based on all the stuff DC had been doing to hype this "joyous occasion".

Astonishing Member

I'm off all my batman mythos books for the rest of kings run

Maybe all my dc

I am unashamedly angry at this