Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
My money was wasted on this issue. I did not care for it at all. Maybe I have been away from comics too long, but this is not the CA I am used to. I felt a weird vibe from the story, and it was depressing and more like a Daredevil moody story than any Cap story I have ever read. I will not be buying any more of this run; I will wait until Cap feels like Cap again to me. No offense to those that liked the issue, just wasn't my cup of joe.
Yes, I think you struck the right tone of Steve’s demeanour as “moody”. But I found that Steve Rogers is back, after all the depression of the post Secret Empire meandering they gave Steve. I think I detected Steve is finding a purpose again. Something bubbling up again, especially with his references to “The Dream”. I think Steve is coming out of his malaise, something he never had to fall into in the first place. Leinil Yu refreshes that stature Steve purveys as Captain America, and anybody who thinks they can keep him out, are in for a huge surprise, like Ross and Sharon will find out.