Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I would like to see a detailed map of Marvel's new York to see where the different locals and residences are in terms of each other

Last edited by MichaelC; 07-01-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

these are really cool thanks for sharing!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    these are really cool thanks for sharing!
    All of this

Thanks

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly it's sort of surprising that heroes don't face other villains more often. Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and pretty much all the street level marvel guys generally live like 20 minutes apart from each other by car. There's no reason they shouldn't constantly be bumping into each others arch enemies, even if by random chance. I think Avengers mansion is like down the block from the Hell Fire Club.
    In the old days random hero cameos were fairly common. A lot of team ups would happen because some hero "just happened to be passing by." I recall some villain swapping but probably not as much as there could have been.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I was already planning to pick it up because of Yu.

BANNED

I think I'm getting this. Steve Cap, Bucky, Sharon with good art. Hopefully Falcon and Natasha too.

Selene. Thunderbolt Ross - i hope he Red Hulks out in this. Norman Osborn - Maybe this writer can make him a Bendis/Ellis level bad ass again, because Slott surely couldnt.

Spectacular Member

The man has a pop culture level understanding of American history, his attempt with Russia should be hilarious.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

YU still got it. art looks good. Selene is cool. i wonder if they will mention her last apperence or if itll never mention it since technicly it isnt important lol
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I thought the first issue was pretty solid. Established the current status quo and laid the groundwork for upcoming storylines.

Steve's giant weights in his apartment was a nice visual touch. I guess a super solider needs custom built exercise equipment.

Nukes delivering Simpson's catchphrase 'our boys'

Mighty Member

This was pretty good, if a little light. Feels like an interesting voice for Steve. Not quite heartbroken, but maybe a little bit lost. Unsure. Not of himself, but of the world he has returned to. An interesting angle to take after the whole Stevil debacle.

The stuff with Sharon was some of the best work in the issue. She's got a lot to be dealing with, and the trust with Steve may just not be there anymore.

Yu still has it. I'm curious how long he'll stick around the book, but as long as he does it will look great.

A decent start. Nothing groundbreaking, but with potential so far.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    The man has a pop culture level understanding of American history, his attempt with Russia should be hilarious.
    You know, I don't always, or even often, agree with Coates' politics, but if you actually believe this statement I don't know what to tell you. He has a different perspective on it than you, almost certainly. Interprets it in a way that you may not agree with or like. But don't denigrate his knowledge. He is actually incredibly well versed and knowledgeable.

Attack the work if you want, but don't attack the man. Be better than that.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 07-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

I wanted to get this but I read the writer said something about the 9/11 first responders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I wanted to get this but I read the writer said something about the 9/11 first responders.
    That's classic internet for you. "I heard an out of context quote from a third hand source and now I'm totally against this guy!"

As for today's issue, it was a strong start. Not mind-blowing but certainly solid. Biggest strength was Coates' characterization of Steve. Coates' voice for Steve is confident right out of the gate, which bodes well for this run. I also liked his Sharon and the dynamic between her and Steve.

Not a lot to go on yet in regards to the threat Steve is going to be facing but the character work here engaged me enough to feel like this is on the right track.