Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thanks for the link !

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So does that mean this version is going to turn evil?
    Assassinate Putin!

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    No, just no. because Grant Morrison's here. and "evil Superman" is a cliche that needs to be retired now.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

At the very least this seems to imply this isn't actually the New 52 Superman in any literal sense. That guy has become part of the current Superman like previously thought. Seems like he might be an echo made by the Dark Multiverse.

My secret hope is that he's the only echo from his world (doomed planet), he's perteptually Morrison's tee shirt and jeans Superman, and the implication for his story going forward is that he sort of jumps (in the most literal sense) from world to world as a wondering Multiversal hobo cowboy who rights wrongs, saves, lives, and doesn't stick around to put up roots. "The Wondering Superman."

Just leave the idea of him as a fixture in the DC cosmology from here on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    At the very least this seems to imply this isn't actually the New 52 Superman in any literal sense. That guy has become part of the current Superman like previously thought. Seems like he might be an echo made by the Dark Multiverse.

My secret hope is that he's the only echo from his world (doomed planet), he's perteptually Morrison's tee shirt and jeans Superman, and the implication for his story going forward is that he sort of jumps (in the most literal sense) from world to world as a wondering Multiversal hobo cowboy who rights wrongs, saves, lives, and doesn't stick around to put up roots. "The Wondering Superman."

Just leave the idea of him as a fixture in the DC cosmology from here on.
    I don't particularly like this idea, I'd want Kal (or Nuperman) here to be a version of Supes who's truly among the living rather than a ghostly imprint.
    Pull-List:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I don't particularly like this idea, I'd want Kal (or Nuperman) here to be a version of Supes who's truly among the living rather than a ghostly imprint.
    That's fair. I'm just throwing it out there because it's what seems to be the case from what we know, and, you must admit, it's pretty Morrison. I'm personally pretty fond of the idea of a friendly Superman "ghost" who helps everyone in the multiverse out because punching bullies in the face will not be stopped by something as trivial as the laws of reality. Remember, my guy was always an outlaw, and the first laws he broke were physics
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-21-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Sure as hell hope not. That'd be insulting as all hell.

But, its a social media reply to a fan, that can be read more than one way to boot, so I don't think this is really powerful evidence of anything either way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-21-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Remember, the Dark Multiverse isn't just evil versions of DCU concepts. The Dark Multiverse is where the ideas representing the hopes and fears of the Multiverse exist that haven't yet solidified and risen up to join the Orrey of Worlds.

Since much of the New 52 Superman was subsumed back into the classic Superman, most who he was no longer exists, meaning that a Superman representing those parts of him would return to the Dark Multiverse.

It makes sense. It wouldn't satisfy me at all, but that theory would make some sense.

I'm still hoping for the prisoner angle though, that he's a denizen of the regular multiverse.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It makes sense. It wouldn't satisfy me at all, but that theory would make some sense.

I'm still hoping for the prisoner angle though, that he's a denizen of the regular multiverse.
    I very much assume that this is DC's apology to Nuper-fans, and is supposed to be a "proper" send-off for that version of the character. This is supposed to be the goodbye we deserved three years ago. At least, that's what I'm guessing it is.

The dark multiverse isn't a nightmare realm, it's just where worlds get recycled when they can't find a place in the Orrery of Worlds. Nuperman is, I believe, going to be a denizen of one of those worlds. Not a nightmare, just a world that couldn't survive. He's not going to be the Superman from New52 continuity, he just comes from a world that is 95% exactly the same. And Nuperman will get his great sendoff, either dying heroically or leaving for deep corners of the multiverse to have adventures we'll never read about.

I'm just glad we're (maybe) getting a real ending for Nuperman. T-shirt Superman was one of those rare alternative takes that actually had some real power and merit to it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I very much assume that this is DC's apology to Nuper-fans, and is supposed to be a "proper" send-off for that version of the character. This is supposed to be the goodbye we deserved three years ago. At least, that's what I'm guessing it is.

The dark multiverse isn't a nightmare realm, it's just where worlds get recycled when they can't find a place in the Orrery of Worlds. Nuperman is, I believe, going to be a denizen of one of those worlds. Not a nightmare, just a world that couldn't survive. He's not going to be the Superman from New52 continuity, he just comes from a world that is 95% exactly the same. And Nuperman will get his great sendoff, either dying heroically or leaving for deep corners of the multiverse to have adventures we'll never read about.

I'm just glad we're (maybe) getting a real ending for Nuperman. T-shirt Superman was one of those rare alternative takes that actually had some real power and merit to it.
    I hope that this is where Kal is moved either to his own Earth or Nuperman's retconned to have existed on Earth-1 (where the Earth One books take place) as the native version all along.
    Pull-List:

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I hope that this is where Kal is moved either to his own Earth or Nuperman's retconned to have existed on Earth-1 (where the Earth One books take place) as the native version all along.
    Moving him to Earth-One would be a nice touch given how lame JMS's Superman Earth One stories were.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I hope this is what they do. Just send him back to his Earth that just so happens to be a duplicate of New 52 Earth. But this is DC so they have to make everything overly complicated. So I doubt it will be that simple.
    Assassinate Putin!

If he's just some lost entity that has no place in the real multiverse, then he's killed off or something, DC's out of their mind if they think that'll suit as a "proper sendoff". All it will do is piss his fans off all over again for no good reason. He already had a sendoff. It had its major flaws of course but Last Days was the story where he died heroically. Doing it again is not an apology, its rubbing salt in the wound.

If they have absolutely no plan for him, they should have left well enough alone. So hopefully there's more of a reason why they brought him back than that. I'm still hopeful, what with this stuff conveniently happening in what I still see as the obligatory "Countdown" period before the full on Crisis.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If he's just some lost entity that has no place in the real multiverse, then he's killed off or something, DC's out of their mind if they think that'll suit as a "proper sendoff". All it will do is piss his fans off all over again for no good reason. He already had a sendoff. It had its major flaws of course but Last Days was the story where he died heroically. Doing it again is not an apology, its rubbing salt in the wound.

If they have absolutely no plan for him, they should have left well enough alone. So hopefully there's more of a reason why they brought him back than that. I'm still hopeful, what with this stuff conveniently happening in what I still see as the obligatory "Countdown" period before the full on Crisis.
    Agreed. For the most part, his Final Days are a great read on New 52 Superman, and I particularly likes how it shows that he endured so much in so little time and that, unlike the current Superman's death against Doomsday, he knew his death was coming and did his best to help as many peoples until he drew his last. It was a perfect way for him, who had endured H'el, the Multitude, assault on his timeline at various points, then he was Doomed, faced Ulysse, nuked himself to save the world from Zod, faced Rao, ended in the pits of Apokolips, had to take a kryptonite bath to shake off the effects of Vandal Savage's leeching of his powers... Final Days was quite in line with those constant sacrifices for the well-being of others.