Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

You know, I think they could do a pretty good TV show out of the New52 Superman. Especially starting at his career in T-shirt and jeans.
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    You know, I think they could do a pretty good TV show out of the New52 Superman. Especially starting at his career in T-shirt and jeans.
    I think it would also work wonderfully as a video game

Oh absolutely! Can you imagine a HBO style series using Morrison's t-shirt Superman, maybe mixing in some of Tom DeHaven's "It's Superman!" novel, some OG S&S Golden Age, the Fleischer cartoons, and Mad Men?

You want something to increase Superman's profile again, that could easily be it.

Well, I suppose you'd have to keep it toned down a little so you could get the kids watching it too......but still, I'm pretty sure the Golden Age (inspired) stuff could save Superman right now, if WB/DC could harness it properly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Was thinking the same. I don't game much (or even at all) these days, but I think there's a natural character progression that lends itself well to gaming (as I knew it): power progression that starts from playable and programmable to godlike, change in costume, episodic story arc.

Yeah, the jeans, t shirt, and boots look would come across very nice on t.v. It's a cool look. And the attitude to match. The whole learning how to be Superman thing. I think it would great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I’ve always felt the same in regards to both of these. The benefit with the Morrison origin is that it starts out with a “street-level” Superman that is very rough around the edges before he eventually begins to transition into a more “traditional” Superman. In other origins Clark doesn’t really change at all, there’s no growth. He begins and ends the story as the exact same person with the exact same powerset, wearing the exact same costume he started with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve always felt the same in regards to both of these. The benefit with the Morrison origin is that it starts out with a “street-level” Superman that is very rough around the edges before he eventually begins to transition into a more “traditional” Superman. In other origins Clark doesn’t really change at all, there’s no growth. He begins and ends the story as the exact same person with the exact same powerset, wearing the exact same costume he started with.
    That's how I view Superman generally. Superman can't really be interesting if he's the same from the very start right through to the end. That's just dull. The t-shirt and jeans is a perfect "imperfect" start and he grows from there. And looking at the Superman we currently have, I'd say there's still room for some good character growth we just need the kind of writing that will mine those weak points and exploit them to push him beyond just superhero-ing. I'm hoping Bendis can at least do that if nothing else but we'll see.