Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
I also wonder if this is all connected to news that DiDio might write a Superman book and the impending CRISIS. Looks like Dan and Jim are doing their damndest to undo what Geoff achieved with Rebirth. I wonder if DC can survive another massive sales failure before Dan is gone for good? Rebirth really shouldn't have worked as well as it did and it seems with Doomsday Clock's delays and Geoff's departure, Rebirth's endgame will be ignored completely and DiDio will restore the New 52 continuity. Bendis is systematically dismantling the marriage and Jon and it won't be long before it's all completely undone.

The good news it that there's still great Superman stories being told by Jimmy Palmiotti and Tom Derenick. Maybe they'll become regulars in the 100 Page Giant for as long as those last.
No offense, but I think that is dramatic overthinking of what's happening. Despite what Geoff done with Rebirth, it's not like we know what the endgame is and what is or isn't being restored. Not to mention while a lot of Post Crisis and Pre-Flashpoints elements were added in, it's not like New 52 continutity was shuffled to the side. For all intents and purposes it is the post-New 52 universe just with more Pre-Flashpoint elements being integrated in. Bendis seems interested in Jon and the relationship, so it's not like he is removing them, just focusing on a different chapter of them. New 52 Superman as a whole wasn't a bad concept, but it just needed to be intergrated in the Reborn stories better.