Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't think so. Didio clearly wants this Superman back as a separate version of the character (and I>'m happy about it), but Lois and Clark are an item here, and nothing hint at them not caring about each other or anything.

I also think that New 52 Superman works better as an inspirational figure for Derek to become a true hero, than the main Superman, who is too much of a "dad figure" for Sideways to relate to him. Which is genius if Didio truly thought about it.
    So does this mean that the New 52 Earth is now added to the mulitverse list? Or are we just plain done with the 52 Earths map altogether? Something tells me they've been looking for an excuse to get rid of it for a while now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I will say it's weird that Didio has problems with aging or diluting Batman with sidekicks, but he's cool with a younger version of Superman alongside the main version, his son, Conner and Kara.

I'm not a fan of two Supermen, or any of the Trinity for that matter, but I'll wait and see how this develops. As a Wally fan, I get how much it sucks to see your favorite version of a character brought out to be executed. But also as a Wally fan, I'll warn New 52 Superman fans to be cautious with their emotional investment.
    I would be very surprised if we ever see him again after this. I doubt the New 52 is getting it's own ongoing or anything.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I would be very surprised if we ever see him again after this. I doubt the New 52 is getting it's own ongoing or anything.
    Or he does later. Or it's Prime. Just saying exercise caution because they might also throw him in a side book and kill him a couple times before bringing him into an event to die for a "Superman killed in [event]" headline. Maybe it's just for one story and he goes back into the toybox until a writer has an idea for him. I hope for the sake of his fans that's true.

Despite my dislike of the New 52 and it's Superman, I'm glad a lot of you guys are getting a favorite of yours back and written by the one writer who made the concept sing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What a weird issue to come in on! It's so nice to see Morrison's Superman again. I really missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone who thinks that is kidding themselves. This is, I think, Morrison writing a finale for the version of Superman he created. I expect he’ll send him out into the Multiverse to have adventures, and that’s totally ok with me. I can’t wait for the Annual, and I just hope he gets a good ending. He was a good idea ruined by terrible editorial and mediocre writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And two different Supes in today's issue of Sideways, and two Lois. But the plot twist is...

spoilers:
    Morrison's Supes isn't from the Dark Multiverse.
    end of spoilers
    Sounds to me like quite an intriguing piece of news in my opinion.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I don't get how this is possible.

I thought Superdad and 52 merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't get how this is possible.

I thought Superdad and 52 merged.
    Haven't had a chance to read the latest issue yet, so I dunno if they tackle it or not, but the "New52" Superman is probably just a version of Superman from the multiverse who greatly resembles Nuperman but is not, in fact, the guy we read about.

Hell, the guy we read about from 2011 on stopped wearing the t-shirt many years ago (2011, and the t-shirt era was a flashback from five years in the last, so 2006 or so). The Superman in Sideways is probably just "New 52.5" Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, It could be that this isn't the New 52 Superman per-se. I've often pitched this so my apologies to anyone whose read this many times before, but its entirely logical that the changes Dr. Manhattan made to Earth-0 that created the New 52 continuity in the first place could conceivably be reminiscent of an entirely other world out there. The New 52 was essentially created via a bunch of butterfly effect phenomenon due to Jon's tampering. Not that hard to imagine that certain things he did occurred through the natural course of time somewhere else in the Multiverse.

But, if for some reason they changed their minds and actually wanted the New 52 Superman as he was written to be his own separate entity again, they could always make something up as to how merging them at the end of Superman Reborn wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. That it was not two halves being merged but one whole being suppressed. To me that's a lot more difficult to make sense of, but its just another thought process.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-17-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Checking out the issue, there certainly seems to be a distinction between this guy and the other Dark Multiverse inhabitants (plus some dialogue that'd raise some red flags if not for Morrison doing the next bit); I'm thinking this is supposed to be the real deal, at least to an extent. Makes me wonder - I think we all doubt Doomsday Clock is going to be dealing with the Superman merger, so might it be resolved here instead?

And if this is a farewell rather than a reintroduction, I'm still leaning in the direction of an idea I posted on here one time, that he's reinserted into the multiverse as the heroically fallen Superman of Earth 2 preceding Val-Zod who died saving it from Darkseid, since the original Superman of that Earth represented a pre-Flashpoint flavored contrast that's obviously no longer necessary, whereas this guy's Golden Age spirit makes sense on Earth-JSA. That last panel though sure makes it seem like he's genuinely back in some capacity. Here's a thought - given his presence has those implications for the 'main' Superman in the aftermath of Reborn, and we know Val-Zod's showing up in Superman or Action sometime, maybe the multiverse Superman arc that implies will be about this guy and the regular Clark trying to figure things out?
    Buh-bye

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Please, please don't screw this up. and next give him his own title that could say be called "Superman: The Last Son of Krypton" or something like that.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

I think someone at D.C. realized that Reborn was actually a merger in name only and that almost nothing which happened to the New 52 Superman could have happened to the Classic Superman. A lot of New 52's stories rested on elements which have either never been used by the Superline of books since Rebirth (Doomsday as a Virus over its first iteration, Subterranea, the Psy-Wars, etc.) or even entirely removed (his Relationship with Wonder Woman, for instance).

And, like it or not (and I do love it personally), it's a lot of material, more than enough to spin an Elseworld out of it.

While I would love this Superman to have an ongoing, or even a mini about him, I would also be perfectly fine with the annual just stating that he's returning to his own world to live his adventures, like Calvin Ellis, Red Son Superman and the like.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Here's a thought - given his presence has those implications for the 'main' Superman in the aftermath of Reborn, and we know Val-Zod's showing up in Superman or Action sometime, maybe the multiverse Superman arc that implies will be about this guy and the regular Clark trying to figure things out?
    At the very least we have confirmation that Bendis is working fairly closely with Morrison on at least one or two idea, and EXTREMELY close with Didio in planing some upcoming thing, and we know Val-Zod is totally showing up in Bendis' run. Seems like it has a shot to be part of something bigger.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Interesting distinction has been made here ,"Morrison's T-Shirt and jeans" Superman instead of the simple "New 52" Superman.

So even if that Superman is returning it seems as if DC doesn't want him to be associated with the New 52, just Morrison. So I doubt DC is going to reinstate the New 52 continuity with this character. Maybe they'll just leave it open for Morrison to write stories with his "T-Shirt" Superman without having to address everything else that came after him. Its fine by me.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Interesting distinction has been made here ,"Morrison's T-Shirt and jeans" Superman instead of the simple "New 52" Superman.

So even if that Superman is returning it seems as if DC doesn't want him to be associated with the New 52, just Morrison. So I doubt DC is going to reinstate the New 52 continuity with this character. Maybe they'll just leave it open for Morrison to write stories with his "T-Shirt" Superman without having to address everything else that came after him. Its fine by me.
    I do hope that Greg Pak's stuff are addressed, considering that he was the only one who actually understood what Morrison did with his run.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.