Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Haha yes he’s back! I’m betting this is just a Multiverse variation that has Morrison’s Action Comics background as his canon and nothing else. That’s good because he went to crap after Morrison left. Now I just hope he doesn’t die and he takes all the Dark Multiverse rejects with him to some regular Earth. Maybe he’ll be part of Morrison GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And two different Supes in today's issue of Sideways, and two Lois. But the plot twist is...

spoilers:
    Morrison's Supes isn't from the Dark Multiverse.
    end of spoilers
    I knew a twist like this was coming. It just made sense. He's not "nightmare" in concept at all.

I can still dream this might actually pay off into him being native to an Earth that is the companion to Earth-0, lost after the Convergence-changed COIE.

At the very least, if his line is any meta indication, it would still have to be him/other New 52 inspired concepts existing separate of the main line. I do not see them changing that up again. Its been done and reversed already.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-17-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

And two different Supes in today's issue of Sideways, and two Lois. But the plot twist is...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I am so snagging a copy of this!
    Assassinate Putin!

For those afraid that DiDio is trying to destroy the current Earth Prime Superman, he is in this issue with Lois and it's made quite clear that gthey are together and there to stay... but I'm so glad to see "my" Superman back, the one who made me love this character, even if he probably won't stay for long.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Seems like Didio wants to reinstate the direction of the New 52 really bad if he's removing Nightwing, killing Wally and now New 52 Superman is back. They're going to force another reboot if they keep this sort of thing up.
    Didio wants a hard reboot. That's been known for a while now. New 52 just didn't work out because it removed too much. He may see this as a chance to do "New 52 done right".
    Assassinate Putin!

For those afraid that DiDio is trying to destroy the current Earth Prime Superman, he is in this issue with Lois and it's made quite clear that gthey are together and there to stay... but I'm so glad to see "my" Superman back, the one who made me love this character, even if he probably won't stay for long.
    So I shouldnt be pulling out my Lexcorp patented Kryptonite Enhanced Pitchfork yet? I’m fine with New 52 Superman existing as long as he’s elseworlds, not replacing Main Clark
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-17-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So I shouldnt be pulling out my Lexcorp patented Kryptonite Enhanced Pitchfork yet?
    I don't think so. Didio clearly wants this Superman back as a separate version of the character (and I>'m happy about it), but Lois and Clark are an item here, and nothing hint at them not caring about each other or anything.

I also think that New 52 Superman works better as an inspirational figure for Derek to become a true hero, than the main Superman, who is too much of a "dad figure" for Sideways to relate to him. Which is genius if Didio truly thought about it.

I don't think so. Didio clearly wants this Superman back as a separate version of the character (and I>'m happy about it), but Lois and Clark are an item here, and nothing hint at them not caring about each other or anything.

I also think that New 52 Superman works better as an inspirational figure for Derek to become a true hero, than the main Superman, who is too much of a "dad figure" for Sideways to relate to him. Which is genius if Didio truly thought about it.
    Thats fine and good, I’m just concerned by the timing that New 52 Superman returned just as Wally died and Nightwing became Ric, Taxi Driver, that DiDio is just beginning to undo Rebirth to get New 52.0
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

I can get the concern, but I thik they are overblown. It's mostly King being given free reign more so than a distinct will to destroy Rebirth from Didio, to me. It's also Geoff John's fault for taking too damn long to deal with the Rebirth mysteries, and writing a story which I'm still unable to see as anything but a vainglorious exercise, over an actual story.

I can get the concern, but I thik they are overblown. It's mostly King being given free reign more so than a distinct will to destroy Rebirth from Didio, to me. It's also Geoff John's fault for taking too damn long to deal with the Rebirth mysteries, and writing a story which I'm still unable to see as anything but a vainglorious exercise, over an actual story.
    I’m pretty sure I heard King has literally stated the opposite, that DC gave him a list to kill and the main two to use.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I read the issue, he was in the dark multiverse..

New 52 Superman is back? Although, he has already returned to Superman: Reborn. And the modern Superman is the amalgam of the New 52 versions and before the New 52. Maybe a clone.Anyway, it's weird that he came out of the cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I read the issue, he was in the dark multiverse..
    Yes, but the Benevolent stated that he was untainted by the Dark Multiverse, unlike the rest of his "subjects". That's why I think he isn't from there.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I will say it's weird that Didio has problems with aging or diluting Batman with sidekicks, but he's cool with a younger version of Superman alongside the main version, his son, Conner and Kara.

I'm not a fan of two Supermen, or any of the Trinity for that matter, but I'll wait and see how this develops. As a Wally fan, I get how much it sucks to see your favorite version of a character brought out to be executed. But also as a Wally fan, I'll warn New 52 Superman fans to be cautious with their emotional investment.

Honestly, after Reborn, there is nothing that DC can do that will top the mistreatment of this Superman in my eyes, so I'm pretty ok with pretty much everything happening to him.