Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Happy about this.

Glad to see Batman's BF is actually coming back. One of the things I liked was how New52 build up Batman and Superman's relationship. What I mean by this was that New52 actually treated their relationship normally, instead of them being BFF from the start, we saw it progress normally from distrust to each other, to mutual respect and more. I always hated how this (present) Superman never really earned New52 Batman friendship and instead DC was like "Hey!, we merged both Superman so there! now don't ask to many questions.."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Glad to see Batman's BF is actually coming back.
    There's no guarantee the Supes coming back has all of that development though, this is "factory settings" N52 Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's no guarantee the Supes coming back has all of that development though, this is "factory settings" N52 Supes.
    Yeah your most likely right, and he's probably only going to stick around for this Annual. Can't see DC wanting another Superman, but i'll take what I get.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I've just ordered this issue and the Annual, because Kal's back.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Interesting distinction has been made here ,"Morrison's T-Shirt and jeans" Superman instead of the simple "New 52" Superman.

So even if that Superman is returning it seems as if DC doesn't want him to be associated with the New 52, just Morrison. So I doubt DC is going to reinstate the New 52 continuity with this character. Maybe they'll just leave it open for Morrison to write stories with his "T-Shirt" Superman without having to address everything else that came after him. Its fine by me.
    Oh hey, you're right! I hadn't noticed that. Good catch.

It might not be intentional, but I dont think its wrong either. There does seem to be a line drawn through the New52, with Morrison's stuff on side, along with the bits and pieces that tied into it (some Pak, Super-Wonder maybe, bits of Lobdell, etc), and then everything else on the other side; which is a much more generic, standard Superman (Unchained, Doomed, Perez, etc).

If DC wants to take the stuff Morrison did (along with whatever connected into it, like the Zero Year issue) and spin that off into its own thing......perfect. I'll be there, because I really loved t-shirt Superman and I miss that character! The Superman we've had since Reborn has been great (most of the time) but I miss the more Golden Age inspired version.

Not that I expect Nuperman to return in any real capacity, but I'd be satisfied just knowing he's out there somewhere and we could run into him again whenever prime Clark goes reality jumping.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Agreed, I'd be more than happy to support that character and his book.

Honestly, even more than a "New 52 Superman" book, I would really like a mini-series about a "New 52-like Earth", possibly cherry picking some elements to make it feel both reminiscent of the actual New 52 and distinct from the way the main Earth changed :
    -Agent 37 has joined the League and Bruce Wayne and the Joker are either both dead or not remembering their lives, without any Mr. Bloom to force them back into their roles
    -Clark Kent identity has been ousted to the world, but thanks to Diana's help, he has managed to come to grip with it
    -Lana is an engineer travelling around the world and exploring Subterranea especially
    -Etc., depending of the writer's own choices

But baring that, any book with New 52 Superman in it will find its way on my shelf.

I’m gonna say that I didnt like New 52 Superman overall (Pitchforks Down Please) because I see Clark as Americas Dad not Super-Bro and certainly not whatever he was after Truth. But I’m perfectly fine if he exists away from main Clark, Lois and Jon. If they have to bring him back to Earth 0, and dont kill him in the Annual, then give him a Farewell Tour, Dont try and force him onto Prime Earth permanently or replace Current Superman. Have him hang around for a little while then go find an earth more like his own. But I know alot of you are happy to have Super-Bro back so I’m happy for you
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-18-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I think he could be a "cool uncle" to Jon if he ever did buddy up with Superdad...Jon's supposed to be "changing" under Bendis and in a family unit, you always need the more "radical" relatives to give the maturing child some sort of support.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am so pumped for this. The New 52 Superman was killed by editorial mismanagement, not because Morrison's concept was bad. Glad to see the infinite variety afforded by the DC Multiverse will allow Morrison to give this incarnation of Superman either a fitting send-off or a new Earth to inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, even more than a "New 52 Superman" book, I would really like a mini-series about a "New 52-like Earth", possibly cherry picking some elements to make it feel both reminiscent of the actual New 52 and distinct from the way the main Earth changed :
    -Agent 37 has joined the League and Bruce Wayne and the Joker are either both dead or not remembering their lives, without any Mr. Bloom to force them back into their roles
    -Clark Kent identity has been ousted to the world, but thanks to Diana's help, he has managed to come to grip with it
    -Lana is an engineer travelling around the world and exploring Subterranea especially
    -Etc., depending of the writer's own choices

But baring that, any book with New 52 Superman in it will find its way on my shelf.
    THIS. I would like this.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I want them to find a way to add morrison's t-shirt superman into the main continuity. Like have him be the way Superman starts his career, maybe make this how Superboy first appears and eventually grows into the Superman we all know and love. I cannot stand that they went with Johns' take for the origin and debut of Superman. Hopefully Bendis can find a way to fix that.

I don't think that's the real New 52 Superman. The real version has merged with the up to new 52 version. This one is more likely to have a temporary appearance and after an annual comic he won't appear.
    Last edited by _Beautiful_Temptress_; 10-18-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I want them to find a way to add morrison's t-shirt superman into the main continuity. Like have him be the way Superman starts his career, maybe make this how Superboy first appears and eventually grows into the Superman we all know and love. I cannot stand that they went with Johns' take for the origin and debut of Superman. Hopefully Bendis can find a way to fix that.
    Please no. It was hard enough to see my Superman being erased for Superdad once, I don't want to see it again, or see the Classic Superman steal his origin...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Please no. It was hard enough to see my Superman being erased for Superdad once, I don't want to see it again, or see the Classic Superman steal his origin...
    Classic Superman is the pre-Crisis one. He's gone as much as NuSuperman.