Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't the Pre-Crisis multiverse restored after Convergence?
    No one really acknowledges Convergence. Sort of like Hypertime did way back in 1999 but nobody acknowledged that either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Thing with Convergence is that originally it was meant to be nothing more than filler during the move to Burbank. As the idea progressed, they decided to try and make it something more meaningful which probably coincided with the consideration/determination to bring the history of the main line back. But not long after it was over, the stuff they were spinning out of it wasn't catching on, Johns was crafting the overall restoration of the history that would become Rebirth on his own, and in the end it became what it essentially was supposed to be in the beginning anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Dan Didio shared a post on Facebook that CBR made about new 52 superman returning with this caption: "All I can add is that when you're working with Grant, the best thing to do is help set things up and then get out of the way.
    Possibly the most fun I've had while working in the business. Can't explain the rush you get having Grant Morrison write a character you helped create. Even though its work, I get to be the fan."

It's his personal facebook so don't know if I should link it, but all the posts are public. Just search dan didio and you can find it.

Hmm. Reading it again, could be he's just specifically talking about Derek here, but damned if it wouldn't be cool if he and Morrison don't have it planned to specifically set up this Superman again.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-18-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Damn, that sounds an awful lot like he's setting this up so Morrison himself can write him again. That would just be...damn.
    Didio has always been a huge fan of Morrison. He's never tried to hide it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Dan Didio shared a post on Facebook that CBR made about new 52 superman returning with this caption: "All I can add is that when you're working with Grant, the best thing to do is help set things up and then get out of the way.
    Possibly the most fun I've had while working in the business. Can't explain the rush you get having Grant Morrison write a character you helped create. Even though its work, I get to be the fan."

It's his personal facebook so don't know if I should link it, but all the posts are public. Just search dan didio and you can find it.
    Sounds kind of cryptic. I wouldn't read too much into it yet. But that's just how they do things.
    Assassinate Putin!

Would be awesome to see him get his own series, harking back to what we saw in N52 Action Comics, set in it's own continuity or timeline. I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Sounds kind of cryptic. I wouldn't read too much into it yet. But that's just how they do things.
    I think, at the very least, he's acknowledging that this version's appearance is earning a lot of good vibes from a vocal part of the DC fanbase. We'll see how this Supes fare in the Annual (he could be the one doing the heroic sacrifice, it would be quite fitting with the whole New 52 history, were he kept helping others at a great personal cost). But if he survives, and is seen as able to attract a significant readership, I'm pretty sure that DC could give him an Elseworld mini or something.

BANNED

Morrison is working on
    The Green Lantern ongoing
    Wonder Woman: Earth One v3
    Arkham Asylum 2

Plus other projects like Multiversity Too and Batman: Black & White which seem to be on the backburner.

He also does tv/screen play work and has that Metal magazine gig etc. So to summarize he's very busy and I honestly dont see much of a financial or even creative motive for him to work on early New 52 Superman.

The best we might get is a one shot focusing on that Superman as part of Multiversity Too. But even Multiversity Too I believe will come out after the Wonder Woman and Arkham book and even those will take 2-3 years from now at the earliest.
    So yeah, maybe after almost a decade lol.

That's probably true. It seems as if he's said pretty much all he's really wanted to say now with Superman period. Regardless the incarnation. This is probably more Didio's idea (and if it goes anywhere I'll thank him for that). I just got ahead of myself reading the quote and jumped to an unlikely conclusion.

But that's okay. Morrison wasn't the only one who did a good job with the character. Give Greg Pak a call.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-19-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's probably true. It seems as if he's said pretty much all he's really wanted to say now with Superman period. Regardless the incarnation. This is probably more Didio's idea (and if it goes anywhere I'll thank him for that). I just got ahead of myself reading the quote and jumped to an unlikely conclusion.

But that's okay. Morrison wasn't the only one who did a good job with the character. Give Greg Pak a call.
    After all the nonsense he went through during the New 52 and DCYou, I don't think Greg Pak has any interest in coming back, particularly if Morrison is already willing to come back. Granted, now that Berganza is gone, he might be a little more amenable.

Its really hard to gauge what his feelings are as he's always been professional and has never to my knowledge offered a bad word toward DC. Not even playful snark. I'm sure it was a vexing situation, but I don't get the feeling it was bridges burned bad or anything like that. But again, its impossible to know when you indeed have a professional guy who doesn't offer social media fodder like others are wont to do.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    After all the nonsense he went through during the New 52 and DCYou, I don't think Greg Pak has any interest in coming back, particularly if Morrison is already willing to come back. Granted, now that Berganza is gone, he might be a little more amenable.
    To be fair, he clearly has no bad blood. He got announced to work on a milestone back last year, though we have heard no word on the book since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I recall Pak saying on Twitter once he’d like to work on Superman again, but I can’t find that tweet. I bet he’d come back to DC if he was offered the opportunity, I don’t think he holds any strong ill will.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I recall Pak saying on Twitter once he’d like to work on Superman again, but I can’t find that tweet. I bet he’d come back to DC if he was offered the opportunity, I don’t think he holds any strong ill will.
    I don't think Greg Pak bears any ill will towards DC, either. If they offered to have him write Superman again, I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a paying gig on one of DC's flagship books because he's not a fool and he likes money. What I'm saying is that his previous experience on Action Comics was not exactly a fun time for anyone because sales were tanking and editorial was panicking because they didn't have any idea what to do after they'd burned most of the good will Morrison had generated with his reboot to the ground thanks to their own mismanagement.

However, if Morrison is coming back to finish what he started, I can't imagine Pak is in any rush to do the same. I mean, how many creators working in comics today would want to take a gig in which they'd inevitably be compared unfavorably to creator like Morrison? That doesn't strike me as an enticing proposition for a guy like Pak, who has a following, but not one as gigantic as Morrison does.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. If so, Pak has an epic pair of balls on him