Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think, at the very least, he's acknowledging that this version's appearance is earning a lot of good vibes from a vocal part of the DC fanbase. We'll see how this Supes fare in the Annual (he could be the one doing the heroic sacrifice, it would be quite fitting with the whole New 52 history, were he kept helping others at a great personal cost). But if he survives, and is seen as able to attract a significant readership, I'm pretty sure that DC could give him an Elseworld mini or something.
    Rumor is Dan Didio wants another Superman reboot because they botched the last one, they're just biding their time until they can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Rumor is Dan Didio wants another Superman reboot because they botched the last one, they're just biding their time until they can.
    And those rumors were debunked, and mosty originate from crapposting echo nests like /co/ who run their own narrative.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And those rumors were debunked, and mosty originate from crapposting echo nests like /co/ who run their own narrative.
    Maybe, maybe not. All I know is the Superman fanbase is polarized. And until you settle once and for all, who he is, how he is, his origins, his outfit, trunks or no trunks, you have no Superman. That's why WB isn't trying to make Man of Steel 2. You've got a divided fanbase. Superman should be a billion dollar movie, not 600 million. Yet, the Bendis nostalgia return of pre flashpoint Superman isn't setting the world on fire either. And you can best believe DC is taking notice of people wanting new 52 Superman back. This has got to get settled.

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is the Superman fanbase is polarized. And until you settle once and for all, who he is, how he is, his origins, his outfit, trunks or no trunks, you have no Superman. That's why WB isn't trying to make Man of Steel 2. You've got a divided fanbase. Superman should be a billion dollar movie, not 600 million. Yet, the Bendis nostalgia return of pre flashpoint Superman isn't setting the world on fire either. And you can best believe DC is taking notice of people wanting new 52 Superman back. This has got to get settled.
    I honestly think that DC has to admit that they can't have a "one size fit all" for Superman anymore, if it was ever possible. Work with the current Superman for the main Earth, and create a mini or something about the New 52 one - with his full story and relationships, thank you !

That way, fan of the main Superman don't feel like losing anything, fans of the New 52 get the version they enjoy and DC gets dollars from both part of the fanbase instead of letting a lot of peoples not buying Superman's product.

BANNED

And you can best believe DC is taking notice of people wanting new 52 Superman back.d.
    I doubt New 52's return has anything to do with how salty his fanbase were over his demise. It's more Didio still sees potential in his failed experiment and just happens to have the stroke to try again

I honestly think that DC has to admit that they can't have a "one size fit all" for Superman anymore, if it was ever possible. Work with the current Superman for the main Earth, and create a mini or something about the New 52 one - with his full story and relationships, thank you !.
    Doubtful they'll pair him back up with Diana, to her post-Reborn self their relationship never happened, and even if it did, she made it clear to Steve she doesn't think of it in the same light anymore.

You might as well pair him with Lana
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-20-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Ideally, the New 52 Superman would be on his own Earth. A lot of his story was linked to his relationship with Diana - and Lana, where both were truly best friends, in the better sense of the word. Squandering it to put him on an Earth with another Superman, a Super-Man, an heroic Bizarro, two Superboys and Supergil, wouldn't strike me as a good business move.

Spectacular Member

What needs to happen is something similar to the infamous "kill Robin hotline " lol. Fans decide, which parts of preflashpoint Superman you like and dislike, same for new 52. Put it together, and you have a new Superman everyone can unite behind.

It would probably the worst way to create a definitive Superman, because nobody would actually be happy. Plus it already happened -in theory- with Reborn. And it failed. Another attempt won't be more successful.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I feel the best option would be Sacred Knight's solution, where there's a DC-0, and a DC-1. and DC-0 is the Pre-Flashpoint/Rebirth world with all the continuity and lore it entails, while DC-1 is the Post-Flashpoint/New 52 world which is a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's still what they should do. Just distinguish the the OGN from the comics by making Earth One/Earth 1, two different places. Comics Earth 1 is the place for the young heroes, the "Ultimate" universe.

You want Legacy? You want all the history and all the growth? You Want DC-0. You want a fresh start? You want to follow the classic heroes on a new world with a blank slate and watch them grow anew, and where things can and often do happen differently? You want DC-1.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Lmfao you’re going to be waiting forever then. Not even Batman or Spider-Man have done this. Is Batman better as a brooding almost psychotic loner or as a quietly confident patriarch of a vast family? People go back and forth on this constantly. Is Spider-Man better married to MJ and adapting to a new set of responsibilities as a family man, or as a swinging bachelor struggling to make rent and worried Aunt May is going to trip over a crack and die? There’s been a LOT of fights over that one. Don’t get me started on Barry Allen vs. Wally West, the nature of Aquaman, or what WW’s personality is.

Comic book characters have seen a vast range of interpretations. There is no “definitive” version, only what the most popular current interpretation is. Supes is never going to have one definitive idea of what he should be, and that’s fine because neither will anyone else.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-20-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmfao you’re going to be waiting forever then. Not even Batman or Spider-Man have done this. Is Batman better as a brooding almost psychotic loner or as a quietly confident patriarch of a vast family? People go back and forth on this constantly. Is Spuder-Man better married to MJ and adapting to a new set of responsibilities as a family man, or as a swinging bachelor struggling to make rent and worried Aunt May is going to trip over a crack and die? There’s been a LOT of fights over that one. Don’t get me started on Barry Allen vs. Wally West, the nature of Aquaman, or what WW’s personality is.

Comic book characters have seen a vast range of interpretations. There is no “definitive” version, only what the most popular current interpretation is. Supes is never going to have one definitive idea of what he should be, and that’s fine because neither will anyone else.
    Well, at least some kind of consensus would be helpful.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I honestly think that DC has to admit that they can't have a "one size fit all" for Superman anymore, if it was ever possible. Work with the current Superman for the main Earth, and create a mini or something about the New 52 one - with his full story and relationships, thank you !

That way, fan of the main Superman don't feel like losing anything, fans of the New 52 get the version they enjoy and DC gets dollars from both part of the fanbase instead of letting a lot of peoples not buying Superman's product.
    The fan base has been divided since 1986 at least. They just spent a good chunk of the late eighties and nineties ignoring the pre-Crisis fans. Something that they may not be able to do anymore. If they're going to do this, it's going to have to be it's own universe that runs alongside the main one. Like Earth 2. I think we're all jumping the gun here. All we have to go on is one appearance in one issue of a comic that isn't a big name hero. He could die or disappear and we never see him again. All with the promise that he might return in the future hanging over our heads. I think Didio is trying to salvage him in some way. That doesn't necessarily mean there is some larger plan to use him for anything. Didio wanting to keep one of his pet projects around is not the same thing as DC proper giving him anything to do. Didio may use him in future issues of Sideways or one of his other books but the rest of the DCU doesn't have to acknowledge him. Didio has more or less complete control over Sideways so he can do with it what he wants. This could be a Convergence situation where no one else does anything with it or acknowledges it. It's obvious Didio wants his own DCU. And using whatever books they let him have may be the only way to get it.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Someone's reaction to this on Didio's facebook

Wait, wha? But....”Superman Reborn” showed The New 52 Superman and Lois were in reality splintered parts of their pre-Flashpoint main DC Universe Earth continuity true selves, and it took an act of love by their son Jonathan Kent Jr. to reunite his parents selves to make them whole again (which in turn undid The New 52 continuity. For example, “Death of Superman” and “Reign of the Supermen” were back in canon, and now Wonder Woman and Batman were present in the Fortress of Solitude with Superman and Lois as John was born). So how can that all have happened and The New 52 Superman still be running around? Unless this being the Dark Multiverse here it’s actually a Dark Earth version of him that Sideways encounters.
    Didio's response

looks like you got it all figured out.

He got a public facebook ? I can't seem to find it... Do you have a link to the comment ?

BANNED

He got a public facebook ? I can't seem to find it... Do you have a link to the comment ?

Found it

Look for Anthony Madge's comment

https://www.facebook.com/dan.didio/p...17842736080656