Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I didn't know where else to post this, but thought this was as good as any currently relevant thread considering we're talking New 52. If anyone is like me and has ever wanted to see a rendition of the New 52 costume minus the high collar:
    In the latest issue of JL Odyssey there's a flashback to Darkseid War and Superman wears the New52 costume minus the collar.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-25-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Spectacular Member

Yes, this return to the trunks nonsense makes me want to barf.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Yes, this return to the trunks nonsense makes me want to barf.
    Hey, real men wear their underwear on the outside.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hey, real men wear their underwear on the outside.

I'll remember that tomorrow when I drop the kids off at school lol

Real men go commando.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I didn't know where else to post this, but thought this was as good as any currently relevant thread considering we're talking New 52. If anyone is like me and has ever wanted to see a rendition of the New 52 costume minus the high collar:
    Wow the armored suit looks good here

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I want them to find a way to add morrison's t-shirt superman into the main continuity. Like have him be the way Superman starts his career, maybe make this how Superboy first appears and eventually grows into the Superman we all know and love. I cannot stand that they went with Johns' take for the origin and debut of Superman. Hopefully Bendis can find a way to fix that.
    Everything must Johns! You too will Assimilate. I suspect a version of you created by Johns will arrive at your house one day and assume your life like a Synthoid.

Kon93

Why couldn't they have Clark as superboy wearing the tshirt and jeans,then wear the classic trunks version,then get the armor from eradicator when he activated the fortress,then a happy medium now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Don't forget the cape.

Mullets Galore, the internet's most authoritative source on mullets, disagrees.

Sorry, but that there is a mullet, I will not abide any nonsense that says otherwise. We all have haircuts we regret. So does Superman. Just accept it and move on.
    You actually think that's a mullet? No - that's just long hair (think Fabio/Kevin Sorbo, because it's long all-around, not just in the back). I know, I had that haircut (took the Jurgens comics in to get it at the time), and people didn't say anything about a mullet - they thought I looked like a girl. lol (it was the 90's, what'cha gonna do? lol)
    IMG_20180612_173847866.jpg

Ok, THAT looks pretty cool, I have to say.

It's almost Halloween - DO IT! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JAK; 10-25-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Only reason the High collar existed is cause Lee was trying to give the League a Uniform Look.

No one ever bitches about Lantern and Aquaman's Identical High Collars
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 10-25-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Why couldn't they have Clark as superboy wearing the tshirt and jeans,then wear the classic trunks version,then get the armor from eradicator when he activated the fortress,then a happy medium now?
    I think the classic suit made by Ma Kent is the most appropriate for Superboy during his adventures with the Legion of Super-Heroes, the T-shirt & jeans is the best for his angry young man look right after Pa Kent's death when he's 18 years old, followed up by a return to the traditional suit in time to save Lois in full view of Metropolis for his public debut.

At least that's how it works for my version of Superman's current continuity and will continue to be until DC publishes something that directly and regularly contradicts it--and, even then, I will probably ignore those pesky stories and stick to this:

Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 10-25-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Only reason the High collar existed is cause Lee was trying to give the League a Uniform Look.

No one ever bitches about Lantern and Aquaman's Identical High Collars
    Green Lantern has always had a high collar and nobody cared enough about Aquaman until recently to complain about him

Kon93

I think the classic suit made by Ma Kent is the most appropriate for Superboy during his adventures with the Legion of Super-Heroes, the T-shirt & jeans is the best for his angry young man look right after Pa Kent's death when he's 18 years old, followed up by a return to the traditional suit in time to save Lois in full view of Metropolis for his public debut.

At least that's how it works for my version of Superman's current continuity and will continue to be until DC publishes something that directly and regularly contradicts it--and, even then, I will probably ignore those pesky stories and stick to this:

Also sounds like a good timeline for the suits.

Now you have the superman blue, new 52,Rebirth,Reborn suits to add after that lol

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

See? If they hadn't added the collar, New 52 could still be canon! That's what killed it! The collar! That, and Superdad with the beard! Because, honestly, that beard looked really cool!
    Assassinate Putin!