Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    See? If they hadn't added the collar, New 52 could still be canon! That's what killed it! The collar! That, and Superdad with the beard! Because, honestly, that beard looked really cool!
    Not even close, what killed the New 52 and it's version of Superman is the lack of planning. the lack of a clear plan, the lack of sticking to your guns and letting some characters keep their Pre-Flashpoint histories while fully rebooting others. not letting New 52 Superman have more good writers like Grant Morrison, Greg Pak and Gene Luen Yang write him instead of people like Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder. who only know how to write the Donnerverse and Post-Crisis versions of the character.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Kon93

The armor is canon,just not what he wears now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Not even close, what killed the New 52 and it's version of Superman is the lack of planning. the lack of a clear plan, the lack of sticking to your guns and letting some characters keep their Pre-Flashpoint histories while fully rebooting others. not letting New 52 Superman have more good writers like Grant Morrison, Greg Pak and Gene Luen Yang write him instead of people like Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder. who only know how to write the Donnerverse and Post-Crisis versions of the character.
    I was mostly joking. Seriously, though, that beard was super-sweet!
    Assassinate Putin!

I was mostly joking. Seriously, though, that beard was super-sweet!
    Well, my beard is gorgeous and a thing of wonder so I have a pretty big bias but I totally agree with you. Superman should always have a beard, like a real man. lol
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'll always have a soft spot for the clean cut classic but this:

is not easy to argue against.

By the way that's also the correct way to give Superman longer hair.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, my beard is gorgeous and a thing of wonder so I have a pretty big bias but I totally agree with you. Superman should always have a beard, like a real man. lol
    New 52 Supes had a Beard after Doomed. I hate that they took away the Cape being his Grandfathers Plus let Luthor wear it with no repercussions.

That was is GRANDFATHER'S FREAKING CAPE man, have some respect. Also New52 Lara and Jor-El were Awesome.

Not Only that but his Maternal Grandmother and Aunt were Alive (If Comatos) in the Bottle City of Kandor. Arrg!! Dude had a life and it was just...taken with zero remorse.
    That's some Invasion of the Bodysnatchers type **** dude.

Yeah wasn’t New 52 Lara a cop? Far prefer that to Jurgens housewife Lara begging Jor and her dad to stop fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll always have a soft spot for the clean cut classic but this:

is not easy to argue against.

By the way that's also the correct way to give Superman longer hair.
    Probably my favorite re-design of all time. if you have to make major changes to the look (which I am usually against) you cannot possibly do any better than this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Back in high school, I looked like the wolfman.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah wasn’t New 52 Lara a cop? Far prefer that to Jurgens housewife Lara begging Jor and her dad to stop fighting.
    A soldier. Yeah, we lost a lot of cool stuff when they undid New 52.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Why does Grant Morrison get credit for T-shirt and jeans? Didn't Conner have that look well before New 52? and didn't Jim Lee get some input with that great illustration with the tractor? I think its the cover on the second printing of Action #1.

On another note, I thought the cape looked a little silly. The Aaron Kuder version made more sense to me.

Just a moment to remember how awesome the Pak run of Action was and equally awesome the Geoff Johns/John Romita Jr run was.

I would love to see John Jr drawing Superman again.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

I think its less he gets credit for the basic idea of just wearing work clothes for a while, rather it was just his overall incarnation of the character, beyond just the look. The look and the story is just so connected at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Why does Grant Morrison get credit for T-shirt and jeans? Didn't Conner have that look well before New 52? and didn't Jim Lee get some input with that great illustration with the tractor? I think its the cover on the second printing of Action #1.

On another note, I thought the cape looked a little silly. The Aaron Kuder version made more sense to me.

Just a moment to remember how awesome the Pak run of Action was and equally awesome the Geoff Johns/John Romita Jr run was.

I would love to see John Jr drawing Superman again.
    Haven’t met many who liked Romita Jr. on Supes but if you did he’s drawing Superman: Year One with Frank Miller.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

See? If they hadn't added the collar, New 52 could still be canon! That's what killed it! The collar! That, and Superdad with the beard! Because, honestly, that beard looked really cool!
    Given the suit was nano tech he theoretically could have dropped and added the collar at a mere thought.

Plus the artist on JL at the time pretty much got rid of the collar when he drew Supes anyway. It was barely there and it looked great.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think its less he gets credit for the basic idea of just wearing work clothes for a while, rather it was just his overall incarnation of the character, beyond just the look. The look and the story is just so connected at this point.
    This. It's not just the civilian clothes, it's the whole "working class hero/Bruce Springsteen" vibe.

Hell, Morrison only had Clark in the t-shirt for 4-5 issues out of his 19-20 run. Yet that is the look that has defined the whole thing.

~ Black Panther.